Ritalin and Liver cancer

Old June 10th 05, 02:15 PM
Donna Metler

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...

Do you remeber that "we fools" thought you were wrong?

Your BAD attitude is getting in the way.

My bad attitude is caused by you. Remember, it is easy, inexpensive,
and safe to look for your hidden food allergies. I don't have to supply
PROOF, anymore than I would have to prove to somebody in 1979 that
cigarette smoking causes lung cancer. The proof for Hidden Food
Allergies comes when you get the results. I told you 1,002 times that
it won't work for everybody, but if people don't try they won't be sure
that they are not affected. They may not have laboratory PROOF for
another 500 years. I wasn't going to wait 500 years. Why should anybody
else? Should people sit around and wait so that a scientist will prove
that they should drink soy milk instead of dairy milk? If wheat is not
the best thing for you, should you wait 500 years to find out.

You're talking STUPID. I'm not suggesting that people take any
medication. How can that interfere with a doctor trying to help
somebody? How can drinking soy milk instead of dairy prevent a doctor
from making a diagnosis? I told you, repeatedly, that this is for
people who have certain symptoms that their doctor cannot alleviate. It
has nothing to do with diagnosis. There are many foods on this planet.
How can making some temporary food substitutions interfere with a
doctors diagnosis? Are you saying that you could have pneumonia when
you drink dairy, but your doctor can't find it if you drink Soy milk?
Do you see how STUPID your argument is?

Brad_Chad

The problem is that soy is also a possible allergen, and it's rarely as
simple as one allergen for one person. Most elimination diets require you to
simply FLOOD the body with whatever food allergen is being tested, and
that's really a set up for bad reactions, and, for that matter, for allergic
sensitization. An allergist can test for allergies without having to flood
the body with the substance, and with medical support there if a reaction is
really bad.

My husband has chronic otitis media, which is often linked to allergies. In
his case, he is allergic to corn, soy, and about 20 other things-but NOT
dairy or wheat. As a result, things he'd done in the past to try to be
healthier, like going on a strict vegetarian diet, actually were counter
productive because he increased his intake of soy dramatically. And, as a
result, he had more athsmatic-type symptoms while being a vegetarian than he
has before or since.

In my case, I'm not allergic to many foods, but I am to a lot of spices and
herbs. Cinnamon can put me in the hospital. So can many of the herbal
supplements sold at health food stores. This is a hard thing to test for,
and it took professional testing to track it down. And, while I can avoid
this at home, I carry medication when I'm out so I can treat an acute
reaction.

Hit or miss elimination diets might help some people, who luck into the
right combination. But it's not going to be the panacea. If you're concerned
about allergies, you need to see and allergist/immunologist.

Old June 10th 05, 03:19 PM
Mark Probert

Brad_Chad wrote:
Do you remeber that "we fools" thought you were wrong?

Your BAD attitude is getting in the way.

My bad attitude is caused by you.

No, you, and you alone, are responsible for your actions. Just ask Jan
Drew.
Old June 10th 05, 03:20 PM
Mark Probert

Brad_Chad wrote:
Mark, you idiot, nobody knew centuries ago that citrus fruit contained
Vitamin C. If somebody asked for proof in 1850 that citrus fruit could
prevent Scurvy, nobody would be able to show them PROOF.

BFD. People knew years before that the citrus fruits prevented scurvy,
which is a condition that demonstrably exists, unline the imaginary
hidden food allergies, which only exist in the accounts receivable
section of the naturopaths office.

Old June 10th 05, 03:34 PM
cathyb

Mark Probert wrote:
Brad_Chad wrote:
Mark, you idiot, nobody knew centuries ago that citrus fruit contained
Vitamin C. If somebody asked for proof in 1850 that citrus fruit could
prevent Scurvy, nobody would be able to show them PROOF.

BFD. People knew years before that the citrus fruits prevented scurvy,
which is a condition that demonstrably exists, unline the imaginary
hidden food allergies, which only exist in the accounts receivable
section of the naturopaths office.

What does BFD mean, Mark?

I'm here to learn. Eventually, I might catch up.

Cheers,

Cathy

Old June 10th 05, 03:44 PM
Peter Bowditch

"cathyb" wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:
Brad_Chad wrote:
Mark, you idiot, nobody knew centuries ago that citrus fruit contained
Vitamin C. If somebody asked for proof in 1850 that citrus fruit could
prevent Scurvy, nobody would be able to show them PROOF.

BFD. People knew years before that the citrus fruits prevented scurvy,
which is a condition that demonstrably exists, unline the imaginary
hidden food allergies, which only exist in the accounts receivable
section of the naturopaths office.

What does BFD mean, Mark?

"B" is for big, "D" is for deal, "F" is a present participle acting as
an adjective.

--
Peter Bowditch
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Ah.

Cathy

Old June 10th 05, 10:17 PM
Brad_Chad

cathyb wrote:
Brad_Chad wrote:
Mark, you idiot, nobody knew centuries ago that citrus fruit contained
Vitamin C. If somebody asked for proof in 1850 that citrus fruit could
prevent Scurvy, nobody would be able to show them PROOF.

Brad_Chad

Actually Brad, they could have, had they had the double-blind trial:
they would give citrus fruits to some subjects, and none to others.
While this protocol may not have been designed by 1850, it's certainly
available now.

Cathy

Nobody knew about Vitamin C until the 20th century. They could not have
known that Vitamin C in citrus fruits prevents Scurvy.

Brad_Chad

Old June 10th 05, 10:41 PM
Brad_Chad

[...]

I have no idea what you are talking about, Donna. An elimination diet
involves starting out with a minimum of food in your diet, and then
adding a new food to your diet about every 3 or 4 days. It has nothing
to do with flooding your body.

A vegetarian diet just involves eating vegetables. It has nothing to do
with soy, unless you are eating a lot of processed foods.

I have been writing about Hidden Food Allergies. These allergies cannot
be found by conventional allergy test. You have to find them by an
elimination diet, food diary, or hit or miss. A naturopathic doctor
might be a good place to start. A good book to read is "Dr. Braly's
Food Allergy and Nutrition Revolution". There are many other books too.

Brad_Chad

Old June 10th 05, 10:55 PM
Brad_Chad

Mark Probert wrote:
Brad_Chad wrote:
Mark, you idiot, nobody knew centuries ago that citrus fruit contained
Vitamin C. If somebody asked for proof in 1850 that citrus fruit could
prevent Scurvy, nobody would be able to show them PROOF.

BFD. People knew years before that the citrus fruits prevented scurvy,
which is a condition that demonstrably exists, unline the imaginary
hidden food allergies, which only exist in the accounts receivable
section of the naturopaths office.

In 1850, nobody knew that Vitamin C in citrus fruits prevents Scurvy.
Vitamin C wasn't discovered until the 20th century. Somebody in 1850
could have said that the placebo effect caused the Scurvy to disappear,
or that it went into remission. This is what many doctors are saying
about Hidden Food Allergies.

How in the hell could Hidden Food Allergies only exist in the accounts
receivable section of naturopathic doctors? I have communicated with
their patients. Why would their patients lie about their psoriasis and
acne disappearing? I got results from finding my Hidden Food Allergies,
BEFORE I saw a naturopathic doctor. I helped my sister find her Hidden
Food Allergies without a naturopathic doctor. You're talking STUPID
again.

One of these days scientist may be able to detect what makes these
allergies hidden. Until then, people have to find out through their
diet.

Brad_Chad