Middle Names help needed

Old September 8th 04, 07:32 PM
Kazh

Default Middle Names help needed

I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that =
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--=20
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

Old September 8th 04, 08:13 PM
Sophie

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.
--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986

How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
maiden name as Connor's middle name?

Old September 8th 04, 08:14 PM
ChitaShines

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

What we did was come up with a list of boys & girls names that we liked.
When we found out it was a girl, we agreed on a first name. With the middle
name, I tried out the first names of relatives, but none of them seemed to
go with her first name. How we settled on her middle name was to go back to
our list and picked a 2nd girl's name that went with our DD first name.

Here's a few suggestions:

Emily Rose
Connor Anthony
Connor Bishop

I hope you will get your DH to agree on a middle name. I've found that in
the working world, if you go into a job without a middle name and they need
one to enter your name into the company's electronic directory or for e-mail
purposes, they automatically assign X as a middle initial. Food for
thought....

Good luck!

Old September 8th 04, 08:15 PM
Kazh

"Sophie" wrote in message =
So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.
--=20
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
maiden name as Connor's middle name?
---------------
Emily Karen ?
Connor Gary ?
Connor Wood ?

Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

Old September 8th 04, 08:17 PM
Kazh

"ChitaShines" wrote in message =
m...
[...]

----------------------

I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go =
for these either.

I have no idea what will go with Connor.

Old September 8th 04, 08:24 PM
Sophie

Connor Bishop

Someone's been watching General Hospital - lol.

Old September 8th 04, 08:32 PM
Sophie

How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
maiden name as Connor's middle name?
---------------
Emily Karen ?
Connor Gary ?
Connor Wood ?

Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

Patrick's middle name is Wood, and so is my husband's. It was a maiden name
way back in his family tree. It doesn't *really* go with any name but it's
the sentiment.

What's wrong with Emily Karen since it has meaning?

Old September 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Sophie

I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go for

these either.

Emily Elizabeth is too Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I have no idea what will go with Connor.

When my husband wanted Connor we were going to use another family name,
Garrett, as the middle name. I *hated* the combo - lol.

Old September 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Clisby

Kazh wrote:
Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go for these either.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only if you want her to spend her childhood being asked about her dog
Clifford.

Clisby
Old September 8th 04, 08:42 PM
Kazh

"Sophie" wrote in message =
I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go =

for
these either.

Emily Elizabeth is too Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I have no idea what will go with Connor.

When my husband wanted Connor we were going to use another family name,
Garrett, as the middle name. I *hated* the combo - lol.

LOL never thought of that.....Elizabeth is gone now !!

Connor Stewart ( my deceased nan's maiden name) ?