Does anyone else have sorry family support as mine? (long)

Old February 26th 04, 04:51 PM
Andrea

Default Does anyone else have sorry family support as mine? (long)

Hey MG and Grandma Gwen! I'm so glad to see some old group memebers. Well, I
don't mean "old", but you know what I mean. I have been wondering what's
happened to all the people who used to post here. It seems like our numbers
have dropped. Leslie and Nik, where are you?

Good to have you back.
Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00
Old February 26th 04, 05:01 PM
Andrea

Danny-

I'm sorry you don't have better family support. I could write a book about the
problems I had with my in-laws. They live about 4 miles from us and almost
never offer any help. I don't expect anything of them, but it would be nice if
it were offered.

My parents live over 500 miles away so they cannot help out as much as they
would like. When they are around they are very willing to help out though. My
Dad even helps me do laundry when they comes for visits.

It's a shame that your sister isn't willing to offer support to you after all
the support you gave her. It is sad that she has not been interested in having
a part in your children's lives.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Hello. how is everyone? Its been a long time since I posted here but
this is a post Ive been holding back on. My twns are almost 7 and they
dont even know my family. Heres the rundown. I have a younger sister who
up until about a few years ago lived on foodstamps and low income
housing while she was going to college. I sent her money every month and
give her a old datsun to drive(which she is quick to say how bad she
hated) My wife bought her 3 kids clothes and we kept them many times.
Now she makes big bucks, drives a 60000 dollar car and has never had
anything to do with me or my kids, has never kept or bought them one
thing. They donet even know her when they see her. I recently asked to
come visit her and she offered to put me and the kids up in a motel. Gee
cant u just feel the love! Any one remember the show named Dynasty? Well
my sister could play Alexis in real lfe. Im now having some serious
medical problems and am one notch away from bankruptacy and she is
travelig around the world and I sure could use some help. Did not even
get a phone call when I had heart attack recently to see how I was doing
and she only lives 2 hour away in Valdosta, Georgia. Now my mother. she
lived on my property in a small mobile uptill she recently moved. In 6
years she did not keep my twins ONE TIME nor offered to. She would come
home and let the blinds down and lock the doors. I used to get s tired
of people telling me how lucky I was to have someone to watch my kids so
close. No one belived me when I told tthem it never happened. She has
moved and not one time called and talked to my kids , she always calls
after 10 pm when she knows they are asleep. I can just feel the love!!
She has made the comment that :why doest deanna (MIL) come watch them!
My wifes mother maybe a hard to get along with but by gosh she would be
here if we needed her and she lives 4 hours away and all my family lives
no more than a hour away.Now my dad, he was a abusive monster and left
when I was 12 yo. Now 40 years later and open heart surgery he has done
a complete turn about face. calls everyday and is always buying kids
something.Im proud to say that between my wifes severe post pardem
depression that Ive done a big part by ourselves. My Dr. really beliees
that the last 7 years of stress ( my daughter did not sleep thru nite
till 3 years old!!!) has really put a whipping on my cardivas system.Ive
got at least 10 Aunts who live within 30 minutes that Ive not heard from
but once i the last decade. During the first 2 years I could have used
help DESPERATELY when my daughter would stay up all nite every nite!!!
Then from 2 years to 3 would sleep in 30 minute intervals. GRRR Im sorry
for the negative and long post but the last 7 years have not been a pie
eating contest! My kids did not come home from the hospital and sleep
thru the nite
, I lost my job 2 months after they were born and sure would have liked
to had a break just once in awhile. My wife would set in a dark room and
cry for hours. All you folks that had the wonderful births and not so
fussy babies do you know how lucky/blessed you were. Just did not work
that way for me. Now dont get me wrong, my kids are the most IMPORTANT
thing in the world to me and would give my life for them. I guess that
Im angry at myself that I cant do the things with my kids that I would
like to do because of finances and poor health. I should have had them
at 20 not 40 when I was in good shape both financially and health. Sorry
did not mean to get offtopic from my post but it sorta ties in together.

Thanks for the rant, been wanting to get off my chest

Danny

Benjamin (weapon of mass destruction)
Leigh( my little sleep hater)
3-21-97

Old February 27th 04, 02:00 AM
Joe Blow

Hello,

Here is my story.

My MIL fell and broke her hip about 3 years ago. She was in a whel chair for
the longest time. She would maybe stand a litlle here and there. The the
Noah and Emma were born. Not only did she get up and get mobile again
(limited becasue of bad knees and hip) but she insisted taking care of the
kids on MOndays and Tuesdays. My wife works Mon tues and thurs. In 2 years
she has not missed a day to look after the kids. Now that they are very busy
we have sugessted about getting day care or a babysitter and hase absolutley
refuses to let us. Which is good. LOL
Our kiddies are the best thing that happend to us and to the MIL.

On the other hand when we visit my parents (they don't visit us *SHAME*)
the novelty of the kids where of in about 2 hours. We spend the rest of the
time running after them (non baby proofed). We no sooner get home (2 hours
away) they are on the phone asking when we can come back for a vist.

All I have to say is " We love you Patricia!! (MIL)

Andrew

Old March 1st 04, 05:50 PM
amy

(KimandJuan) wrote in message ...
Hey, MG

How are things.. please post an update the kiddos. New pics too!=) Do you
plan to return to the US for a visit this year? I hope you are well.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Hi there-
I replied to this the next day but interestingly it never got posted?!
geez... I just have no luck with google! Anyway - we're doing great -
we decided to make Greece our home after all so we're really busy. I
started my own home-based business which I'm hoping will take off soon
(distributor for US company Just submitted a full page ad in #1crafts
magazine for April announcing our existence so we'll see?!)- Greg's
still working in Athens so he drives 2+ hours each way so that's a
chore! We are also building our dream home so it's getting interesting
to say the least... ah what else ... ah yes J&J are absolutely amazing
and keep me on my toes. I love being their mom - they are such sweet
and adorable kids and everybody loves them! you can see there pictures
in photos.yahoo.com/omorfadidyma -- by the way -- I'm trying to catch
up with things so here goes!

Congrats Brigitte on your beautiful daughter, Congrats Middletree on
your baby too! just read about it I remember Cindy and Andrea too had
little ones - how are they? and Kim I just took a peak at your photo
album and now I see where the girls get their dazzling blue eyes -
very pretty family you have... hope the rest of you are doing well
too!!!

Okay - will sign off for now because really I don't know if this
message will disappear into thin air again - will look for it in a
couple days - in the meanwhile I'll try to catch up!!!

Hope you all are doing well!!!
Miss ya!
MG

Old March 1st 04, 07:47 PM
Cindy Senger

Hey, MG! Glad to see you around again and glad to hear that things are going
well for you! Thanks for asking about my family-- we are all doing great. Our
new addition, Jenna, is almost 8 months now and into absolutely everything--
crawling, trying to walk, climbing stairs. I thank God every day that *she*
wasn't twins! I just can't imagine two of such a busy little person!!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article ,
says...

Old March 5th 04, 03:21 PM
KimandJuan

Thanks for the compliment. It was nice to catch up. That's weird with the
google thing. I wonder if you can get on through something else. I get on
through AOL.

I am going to check out the pics now...
Talk to you soon,