Action Alert: Stop Tax Cuts for the Wealthy and Protect Funding for Children!

Old June 27th 05, 08:59 PM
wexwimpy

Default Action Alert: Stop Tax Cuts for the Wealthy and Protect Funding for Children!

Action Alert: Stop Tax Cuts for the Wealthy and Protect Funding for
Children!

THE BUDGET FIGHT IN CONGRESS IS NOT OVER!

In April, Congress passed a budget resolution that will cut critical
services for vulnerable children while giving extravagant tax benefits
to the wealthiest Americans. We only have until mid-September to
convince Congress that this is the wrong choice for our children!

Over the past 4 years Congress bestowed $5.1 trillion in tax cuts to
benefit primarily the most affluent among us. And now Congress wants
to provide $106 billion more in tax cuts that will go mostly to the
wealthy.

At the same time that the rich are getting huge tax breaks, children
could lose their health care, programs for abused and neglected
children, child care, Head Start and food stamps.

Millions of our children will suffer twice from this unjust action!
First, they will be denied vital investments in their futures, and
when they grow-up -- they will be saddled with a crushing debt.

Stand for Justice for Children and the Poor!

Tell Congress to STOP tax cuts for the wealthy and protect funding to
critical programs for our most vulnerable children. As Congress makes
their final decisions from now until September, the voices of those
who stand for children must be heard every day! United, we can STOP
Congress from making the wrong choice and instead, convince them to
prioritize and protect our most vulnerable children and their
families.

Call your Members of Congress today! Tell them:

It is unjust to give more money to the wealthiest among us while our
most defenseless children suffer. STOP providing tax breaks for the
rich. Protect funding for programs that serve vulnerable children and
families!”

Call toll-free at 1 (888) CDF-1221. You will be connected to your
Senators and Representative or you can call the U. S. Capitol
Switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

The toll-free number is provided courtesy of The Children’s Defense
Fund. For more information, call 1-(866)-274-9654, or visit
http://www.childrensdefense.org/ and find out how you can join the
Children’s Defense Fund’s Campaign to Stand for Justice for Children
and the Poor.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18