I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old October 21st 04, 08:17 AM
Mum of Two

Thanks Nikki :-)

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
email: barton . souto @ clear . net . nz (join the dots!)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/carlos2002/

"Nikki" wrote in message
Mum of Two wrote:
Everyone here is so perfect!

Nah - it only seems that way when you are going through a rough patch.

It seems you all wear your babies
constantly, co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock
them for hours on end while they scream,

FWIW I co-sleep and rock mine and most the time I wonder what the hell I

did
wrong to get us all in such a predicament, lol.

Do you ever get hormonal, overtired? What is
your breaking point? Do you have one?

Sure. We all have breaking points.

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym.

Well amusing herself is a *good* thing and should be encouraged! Who

cares
if you wear her or not. That is a method of meeting a babies needs. If

you
choose not to use that method..so be it. You meet her needs in some other
way that works better for you two.

In fact, I
don't even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I
pick her up sometimes.

Awww - that is normal baby stuff. 3.5 months was a hard age for me with
Hunter. Hang in there. By 6 months things were a lot better for me and
there is more positive feedback from the baby too.

She doesn't get enough tummy-time,
so she's starting to crawl upside down.

Oh goodness. That cracked me up ;-). I would say she is very advanced if
she is doing that!

I can't/won't cook nor bake -

So what? She doesn't care what you cook. She doesn't even eat, lol. She
won't care for quite some time. When she is old enough to care, you can

let
her make her own food ;-) Just remember that for every messy floor and
frozen pizza there is a mom who is reading a story, grabbing a moment for
herself to recharge for her family, getting some sleep so she is more
patient, playing hide and seek with the kids upstairs instead of picking

up
the toys, or spending time with her spouse to strengthen their marriage.

My
house is hardly ever messy and sometimes it should be.

I am
frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly contradict myself.
I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

Some of this is to be expected post-partum and adjusting to life with a
newborn. If you feel like you are really spinning out of control, speak
with your doctor. PPD, mild or even suspected, is not something to fool
around with.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

Tee hee.

Hang in there Amy.

--
Nikki

Old October 21st 04, 12:36 PM
Sue

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on

end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career

cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha

Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I

don't
even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her up
sometimes. She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her

off
when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl

upside
down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at

us.
I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group thought
my scones were biscuits. I don't do sewing either. Actually, I don't do

much
of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to

me.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

--
Amy,

Aww, your not alone. This group can be a little overwhelming in the perfect
department. My husband and I have decided that we are not going to start
saving for college, but we are saving for therapist's fees because I am sure
we are messing them up. ;o) Don't worry, you don't need to co-sleep or wear
your baby for them to turn out to be happy, respectful people. You would
really have to do some horrible things to mess up your child. Just love
them, attend to their needs, remain consistent in your disipline, plenty on
your love and always listen. You'll be fine. (((hugs))

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 21st 04, 02:07 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Mum of Two wrote:

Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

Of course everyone does--at least I do. If you'd been
around here longer, you'd likely see it ;-) And you have to keep
in mind that when people post in response to a question, it's
usually because that's an area where they've had some success
or have some information (otherwise, what would they say?).
But if you'll take note, not everyone responds to every question.
A bunch of them are reading right along with the OP, hoping to
find a solution to a similar problem. There are thousands of
people who read this newsgroup. With a group that big, there's
almost always someone who's got a particular area whipped into
shape, and there's usually someone who who does X, whatever it
might be. If you munge all that together, sure, you'll get
Super Mom--that's why this group can be so useful. But if
you look closely, no one person does it all.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 21st 04, 02:37 PM
Elle

"Plissken" wrote in message news:ahEdd.782612$M95.399923@pd7tw1no...

From day one I could put her down in her bassinet (no I didn't cosleep, but
she slept beside our bed for 9 months) and she would lay there quietly until
she went to sleep and at 17 months I can still put her down awake and she
will fall asleep by herself. My daughter never cried unless she was hungry
(not even for a wet diaper) and never really needed to be held constantly. I
did carry her around in her baby bjorn when she was really young and we went
for walks, but she went in her stroller at times too.

I want one of those!

Elle
Old October 21st 04, 03:55 PM
Plissken

"Elle" wrote in message
om...
"Plissken" wrote in message

> [...]

From day one I could put her down in her bassinet (no I didn't cosleep,

but
she slept beside our bed for 9 months) and she would lay there quietly

until
she went to sleep and at 17 months I can still put her down awake and

she
will fall asleep by herself. My daughter never cried unless she was

hungry
(not even for a wet diaper) and never really needed to be held

constantly. I
did carry her around in her baby bjorn when she was really young and we

went
for walks, but she went in her stroller at times too.

I want one of those!

I'm praying this next baby is like this too! Is it possible to have two easy
babies? I hope so. I'm convinced I'm going to have one exactly the opposite.
It'll be like having a baby for the first time all over again because I was
so spoiled with Maddy.

Nadene

Old October 21st 04, 04:10 PM
Circe

Mum of Two wrote:
Everyone here is so perfect!

All I have to say is this: people are always considerably more perfect on
paper (or screen) than they are IRL. I know I always have a better solution
for someone else's problems when I have time to sit and think and write it
out than I have for my own when I have to handle them on the fly g!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

"Bush didn't pee his pants or kill anyone, so my guess is that people will
say [the third debate] was a tie."--Jessi Klein
(http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...log/index.html)

Old October 21st 04, 04:13 PM
Circe

Irrational Number wrote:
Chotii wrote:

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been
vacuumed in quite possibly 2 weeks.

That's it? 2 weeks? Try a few months here...
(Oops, maybe I should not have admitted that!)

The only reason mine is vacuumed daily is that my nanny does it. Otherwise,
it would probably be two weeks between vacuumings (but I'd have to do it
every other Tuesday because the cub scouts den meeting currently meets
here!).

Old October 21st 04, 04:20 PM
Anne Rogers

Amy, you are not, I must definitely qualify as worse, though I do blame it
on the hormones and PPD, but have you ever put your child in the oven? Or
left them in a shop, no I thought not, I am now officially the worst mother!
Though I did and still do baby wear if that redeems me at all!

Old October 21st 04, 04:23 PM
Anne Rogers

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been vacuumed in
quite possibly 2 weeks. In fact, if someone came here, they *could* not
see my living room floor, because it's too cluttered.

you need to come to our house, I've never vacuumed our living room floor,
thankfully my parents and in laws are infinitely tactful, so usually it gets
seen to once every 6 weeks or so!

Old October 21st 04, 04:37 PM
Nikki

Circe wrote:
Irrational Number wrote:
Chotii wrote:

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been
vacuumed in quite possibly 2 weeks.

That's it? 2 weeks? Try a few months here...
(Oops, maybe I should not have admitted that!)

The only reason mine is vacuumed daily is that my nanny does it.
Otherwise, it would probably be two weeks between vacuumings (but I'd
have to do it every other Tuesday because the cub scouts den meeting
currently meets here!).

I have wood floors in my living room and bedrooms. I sweep them once a
month. I think I've mopped them once since I've lived here, lol.

I do the kitchen a little more often ;-)

--
Nikki