Bedrest in first trimester?

Old April 24th 04, 12:19 PM
Sue

Default Bedrest in first trimester?

Donna Metler wrote in message
I just had a home pregnancy test turn up positive on Tuesday

Hi Donna,

I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say congratulations
and I will keep everything crossed that everything will be okay for you. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old April 24th 04, 11:16 PM
Catherine Woodgold

Donna, congratulations on your pregnancy. I don't have
an answer to your question, but I have a suggestion.
If it doesn't interfere with the purpose of the bedrest,
I suggest doing exercises that can be done in a lying-down
position, e.g. Pilates. The main reason I'm suggesting this
is that I had all sorts of problems with back pain and stuff
starting with my first pregnancy, and I'm just learning now
how important strengthening the muscles is for preventing and
treating this sort of thing. Exercise may help you feel good
and keep your muscles strong through the bedrest. Just
a suggestion.
--
Cathy
Old May 3rd 04, 01:22 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Donna Metler" wrote:

I just had a home pregnancy test turn up positive on Tuesday

Oooh! My best wishes! How are you at the moment?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old May 3rd 04, 09:01 PM
Donna Metler

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Donna Metler" wrote:

I just had a home pregnancy test turn up positive on Tuesday

Oooh! My best wishes! How are you at the moment?

So far it looks good-two blood tests have been positive, and HgH levels rose
more than 300% in 3 days. I'm off bedrest now, but am supposed to keep off
my feet and avoid stress (last three weeks of the school year-how likely is
that to happen??). Except for being totally exhausted, things are going
pretty well-even in the middle of a school day, my BP is staying at normal
levels for me.

Next appt is next Tuesday, which should be about 6 weeks. Right now, I'm on
visits every 2 weeks, checking BP daily, and calling the CNM (Certified
Nurse Midwife) once a week. ONce we get to the 2nd trimester, it will
probably be weekly visits and daily phone calls with the CNW, since that's
when I've had problems before (last time, my BP was into the "pregnancy
induced hypertension" level by about 14 weeks).