Kids and p2p

Old June 27th 03, 01:34 AM
toto

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:03:31 -0400, "Richard Davis"
wrote:

If you want to ease the pain, try to be a real dad. Spend time with
them and listen to them and allow them to talk about their feelings.

They don't want to confine in me, they want to do their own thing. When I
use to get them on weekends I would basically give them money and let them
do what they wanted to do, and we got along fine. Being a dad is giving your
children all the things that you didn't have.

No, Richard. Being a parent is much more than *things*

Substituting material things for time and listening is not going to
hack it. Too many teens get in a lot of trouble that way. It's not
bad to give them things, that isn't what I mean, but you cannot
substitute things for your love, guidance and presence in their lives.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old June 27th 03, 03:01 AM
toto

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:03:31 -0400, "Richard Davis"
wrote:

Hmmm. richard I tried to email you, but the aol addy bounced.

Do you have an email I can use? If you want to answer privately
use sigtoto (at) yahoo dot com.

Dorothy

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old June 27th 03, 05:38 AM
R. Steve Walz

Richard Davis wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

Don't get all confused about this. Pix of nude children and teens are
NOT "childporn" unless they are HAVING sex. or are "lewdly posed",

Not sure how the law works on that.. Back when I was 16 the only porn books
we had were of pictures that were taken at nudist camps, If you're older you
may have seen these old books. They would show parents with their kids
standing in front of a lake or something like that, No sexually explicit
poses or anything. The kid would be naked but not sexually exposed. Can you
be arrested for having such books? Who knows.

------------------
No.

Many parents have taken pictures of their children in the bathtub. Is that
child porn?? Who knows!

-------------------
An attorney knows. Don't be silly.

which no one seems to know what it means, even the courts.

If the girl is under the age of 18 it can be considered child porn. If they
want to push it.

-------------------
No, the law does indeed specify, any lawyer can get you off if it is
not sex or "lewd" in intent. The law is not some accident.

Secondly,
if you have a right to look at sex acts by people your own age, don't
KIDS? If not why not? They get to DO those same acts with kids??

Well, if I were 16 again I would want to look at girls my own age, But, you
have to be 18 to open up and ISP acount.

-----------------------
No, you don't. You just need a credit card. It is assumed a credit
card is represented by an adult, but that's an assumption of law,
not a fact.

If they raided everyone's hard drive in Amerika about half of all
people would be in jail, most wrongly because of sexually confused
juries, and the other half would be keeping them there.

You're probably right. They can take an 18 year old girl and make her look
15. Let a prosecutor show her pic and say that the girl is 15 and you're
busted.

--------------------
No. The FBI has stated that they are unconcerned with unidentified
and obviously developed females, you know, tits and developed bottoms.
They don't expect to keep a registry of everyone on Net pix in a
population of 280 million.

Amerika is
a stupid lying piece of confused duplicituous crap inside, actually.
It is a total sham. And the odds of getting busted for anything on
your computer is what you might imagine if you ask yourself how many
friends of yours are now in jail for it.
Steve

You need to look out for that religious fanatic John ASScroft. If he had his
way, anyone who ever viewed porn would be in jail.

------------------
But despite being in government his is an insane minority religious
nutcake opinion, and a majority don't like him.

He wanted to ban virtual
child porn, What the hell is virtual child porn? Never heard of it until he
mentioned it, never have seen it. What is it?

--------------
It is the depiction of people under 18 but who do not actually exist,
and in sexually erotic poses which are created using computer artistry.

The Supremes (SCotUS) said he can't anyway.
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
Old July 4th 03, 05:45 PM
John Hancock

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:50:22 -0400, "Richard Davis"
wrote:

As a parent I have two children who are really into this file-sharing thing.
Both of them are downloading Mp3's from a p2p network called Kazza.

I had no problem with this until I heard a news report that a group called
RICCA is going to start filing lawsuits against users that are sharing files
over this network.

Is this file sharing morally or legally wrong? The attitude you
have about this will influence your teens' attitudes for a long time.

When we break the laws by speeding, we are modeling the attitude
that it is OK to break the law if you can get away with it.

I am not making a judgement about you. .... I am just saying, be
aware of the influence you have.

This being a parenting group I'm sure that others here have kids that are
doing the same thing. Should you tell your children that p2p is wrong and
some how ban them from doing this, or do you just ignore it?

If you think p2p is wrong, you should share that with your children.
If you think it is OK, share that with them.

If you want to role model "hiding your head in the sand and leaving
your rear-end exposed", then ignore it.
Be aware that what you do and say will influence their future
decisions when you are not around.

Both of my kids have their own computer. I consider their PC there personal
domain; I consider it to be a diary/Or Like\ I don't want to open it up and
look inside. Chances are my 16-year old son has a hard drive full of naked
woman. Boys will be boys, And that doesn't worry me in the least, what does
worry me is getting sued.

Since this is your sole concern, share that with your children. At
least, you will be modeling honest communication with children. That's
a skill that will help them.

Steve in Olympia