Zip lines zoom guests to treehouse B&B near Austin

Old July 24th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.rec.hiking,talk.environment
Fred Goodwin, CMA

Default Zip lines zoom guests to treehouse B&B near Austin

Zip lines zoom guests to treehouse B&B near Austin

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/travel/thisweek/stories/DN-treehouse_0709tra.State.Edition1.8aa47d.html
http://tinyurl.com/mxlmk

07:13 PM CDT on Saturday, July 8, 2006
By SUZANNE MARTA / The Dallas Morning News

SPICEWOOD, Texas - Ever since I saw Swiss Family Robinson, I wanted
to live in a treehouse.

This summer, that dream came true - at least for a night.

But instead of climbing to my quarters on rickety ladders, I soared
through the trees on a zip line.

Cypress Valley Canopy Tours has hosted about 2,000 visitors on an
adrenaline-filled tour of its narrow, densely forested valley on zip
lines since it opened last year. This year, owners David and Amy
Beilharz opened a more advanced ropes-style challenge course - and
our home for the night: Lofthaven.

The adventure starts around 6 p.m., with a thorough outfitting of gear
and a quick but useful lesson on zip-line techniques.

My friend and I step into harnesses that connect to a trolley that
latches to a steel cable about 8 feet above the ground. This is what
carries us as we zip through the forest. We get a quick overview of how
to keep from spinning, stop and get ourselves back to a platform if we
get stuck in the middle.

The course starts at the wheel house, where the Beilharz family has
created a water wheel to help generate energy for their 88-acre ranch.

For 90 minutes, our two guides take us through six different and
thrilling zip-line rides. The guides help us on and off the zip lines.
They also make sure we're clipped to safety lines, ensuring that we
won't stumble out of a tree.

Each platform is roughly 40 feet off the ground and offers gorgeous
views of the lush cypress, fragrant cedar elm and ash juniper. It's
shady and cool under the thick tree canopy, with few bugs to bother us.

Along the way, our guides point out various flora and fauna, including
a 4-foot-long water moccasin watching for frogs and salamanders by the
creek.

The majestic cypress trees are more than 600 years old in some cases.
The platforms were built in a way that wouldn't harm the giant trees.
In one, we spy a prickly pear cactus precariously positioned 60 feet up
in the branches - the work of a bird's seed distribution.

The narrow valley also reveals centuries of erosion and rock
formations, including hollow "soda straws."

After our longest zip - about 350 feet - we see our home for the
night, hidden behind the massive cypress hosting our landing platform.

The 200-square-foot room is supported by a steel plate and has a
wraparound balcony. The dark khaki canvas helps it to blend into the
surroundings.

We finish our final two zips, head back to the longest one and zip to
our treehouse.

Growing up in Oregon, I spent countless hours using the towering
Douglas firs as my jungle gym. My sister Christi and I would return at
dinnertime with a thick coat of sticky sap on our hands.

But the treehouse we played in was always somewhat disappointing. Just
a wood platform nailed to a few branches. It was OK for daytime
adventures, but not at night.

The Cypress Valley treehouse isn't like the kind you dreamed of as a
kid.

It's powered by wind and solar electricity, enough to run lights, a
cooling fan, coffeepot and toaster oven. A sky bridge takes visitors to
the other side of the narrow valley to a full bath equipped with towels
and handmade soaps.

Inside Lofthaven, a buffet with a carafe of iced water and a pitcher of
purple hibiscus-mint iced tea welcomes us, along with a bowl of whole
fruit that would make Paul Cézanne grab his brushes.

A queen-size bed, piled high with decorative pillows and draped with
muslin netting, enchants. And an elegantly set table for two, complete
with chargers and cloth napkins, reminds us this isn't for kids.

A picnic basket holds our dinner: roasted vegetable and turkey
sandwiches, a fancy spinach salad and a bag of organic chips to snack
on. We're also treated to organic chocolate truffles made by a local
vendor.

We dine under a gorgeous sunset with a gurgling creek below and the
buzz of cricket frogs as our soundtrack.

As dusk falls, we get another light show - this time the bright
flickers of fireflies swirling around.

For all the bugs outside, there are few inside our room, thanks to the
wraparound screens and latching door. There are a few daddy longlegs
spiders - there to snack on bugs, rather than overnight guests.

As the moon rises, visitors to Lofthaven are treated to a symphony of
sounds by the resident great horned and screech owls and nearby
coyotes. It's a wonderful lullaby.

After a sound night's sleep, we wake to the cheerful twittering of
birds.

Another basket is waiting for us. This one is filled with tasty
breakfast breads, fruit salad, yogurt and granola.

We sip freshly brewed coffee and savor the fresh morning air.

About 10 a.m., we hear the telltale whirring of the zip line. It's a
Cypress Valley staffer, coming to do safety checks at nearby platforms.

In another hour, another group of thrill-seekers will be flying through
the trees.

For now, we'll savor every last moment of our treehouse getaway.

---
OTHER PLACES TO SLEEP IN THE TREES
Cedar Creek Treehouse, Ashford, Wash., 360-569-2991,
http://www.cedarcreektreehouse.com
Two-level treehouse is 50 feet off the ground. From $250.

Out 'n' About Treesort & Treehouse Institute, Cave Junction, Ore.,
541-592-2208, http://www.treehouses.com
Offers several options, including a tree teepee. From $110.

Hana Lani, Hana, Maui, Hawaii, 808-248-7241,
http://www.treehousesofhawaii.com
Rustic lodging in lush rain-forest setting. From $120 per night,
two-night minimum.

Nahiku Treehouse, Maui, Hawaii, 808-248-4070, http://www.nahiku.com
Panoramic views of the Pacific and Haleakala volcano. From $125 per
night, two-night minimum.

Lothlorien Woods Hide-A-Way, White Salmon, Wash., 503-281-9888,
http://www.lothlorienwoods.com
Split-level treehouse with a view of Mount Adams. From $125.

Carolina Heritage Outfitters, Canadys, S.C., 843-563-5051,
http://www.canoesc.com
Canoe to one of three houses on the Edisto River. From $125.

IF YOU GO

Cypress Valley Canopy Tours' Lofthaven:

Whe 1223 Paleface Ranch Road, Spicewood (about 45 minutes from
Austin)

Open: 9 a.m. to dusk Tuesday through Saturday, and noon to dusk Sunday
during the summer. Fall and spring operations are limited to Friday
through Sunday.

Cost: $60 per person for the canopy tour, $75 for the canopy challenge
course. A night in Lofthaven starts at $200 per couple, including
meals.

Information: 512-264-8880; http://www.cypressvalleycanopytours.com

Old October 31st 06, 08:46 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Keefe Anemone

a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-navel.htm" pierced navel /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-xxx.htm" pierced xxx /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/care-of-pierced-ears.htm" care of pierced ears /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-clitorus.htm" pierced clitorus /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-pussy-lips.htm" pierced pussy lips /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/permanently-fitted-nipple-rings-pierced.htm" permanently fitted nipple rings pierced /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-lamp-shades.htm" pierced lamp shades /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/infection-from-pierced-ears.htm" infection from pierced ears /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/nail-pierced-hands.htm" nail pierced hands /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/getting-pierced.htm" getting pierced /a

Old October 31st 06, 09:05 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Edward Denice

a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-pussy-lesbian.htm" pierced pussy lesbian /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/pierced-transvestites.htm" pierced transvestites /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/spike-angel-pierced.htm" spike angel pierced /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/belly-button-pierced/uncircumcised-pierced.htm" uncircumcised pierced /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/index.htm" pierced nipples /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/sitemap.htm" pierced nipples /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-pussy.htm" pierced pussy /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-clit.htm" pierced clit /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-labia.htm" pierced labia /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-clit-shaved.htm" pierced clit shaved /a

Old October 31st 06, 09:15 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Dorothy Rachel

a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-****.htm" pierced **** /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/double-pierced-ears.htm" double pierced ears /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/audio-adrenaline-pierced.htm" audio adrenaline pierced /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-blowjob.htm" pierced blowjob /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-pussy-lips.htm" pierced pussy lips /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-nipples-and-clits.htm" pierced nipples and clits /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-belly.htm" pierced belly /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/daughter-ears-pierced.htm" daughter ears pierced /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/non-pierced-earrings.htm" non pierced earrings /a a href="http://pierced-babe.perrydonald.com/pierced-nipple-trainer/pierced-steel-plank.htm" pierced steel plank /a

Old October 31st 06, 10:27 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Alana Burke

a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-depilate.htm" lesbiche depilate /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-in-azione.htm" lesbiche in azione /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/index.htm" foto lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/sitemap.htm" foto lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/dildo-lesbiche.htm" dildo lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/lesbiche-con-vibratori.htm" lesbiche con vibratori /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/foto-porno-lesbiche-gratis.htm" foto porno lesbiche gratis /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/filmati-lesbiche-gratis.htm" filmati lesbiche gratis /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/gratis-lesbiche.htm" gratis lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/diciottenni-lesbiche/hard-lesbiche-gratis.htm" hard lesbiche gratis /a

Old October 31st 06, 10:31 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Rudra Latika

a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-chat.htm" femdom chat /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/bondage-femdom.htm" bondage femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-strap-ons.htm" femdom strap ons /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-directory.htm" femdom directory /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings.htm" femdom art drawings /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-illustrators.htm" femdom illustrators /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/british-femdom.htm" british femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/girl-beats-boy-femdom.htm" girl beats boy femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/mild-femdom-fiction.htm" mild femdom fiction /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/female-domination-stories-femdom-stories.htm" female domination stories femdom stories /a

Old October 31st 06, 10:55 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Olaf Odina

a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/immagini-di-donne-lesbiche.htm" immagini di donne lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbica-gratis.htm" lesbica gratis /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbica-milano.htm" lesbica milano /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbica-video.htm" lesbica video /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-a-brunico.htm" lesbiche a brunico /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-bionde.htm" lesbiche bionde /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-che-se-la-leccano.htm" lesbiche che se la leccano /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-che-si-baciano.htm" lesbiche che si baciano /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-che-si-leccano.htm" lesbiche che si leccano /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-con-dildo.htm" lesbiche con dildo /a

Old October 31st 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Hezekiah Adah

a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-con-vibratori.htm" lesbiche con vibratori /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-gay.htm" lesbiche gay /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-gratuite.htm" lesbiche gratuite /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-manga.htm" lesbiche manga /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-negre.htm" lesbiche negre /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-cinesi/lesbiche-orientali.htm" lesbiche orientali /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/index.htm" foto lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/sitemap.htm" foto lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/bacio-lesbico.htm" bacio lesbico /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/casalinghe-lesbiche.htm" casalinghe lesbiche /a

Old October 31st 06, 11:04 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Zaccheus Ring

a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/chat-lesbiche.htm" chat lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/chat-per-lesbiche.htm" chat per lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/famose-lesbiche.htm" famose lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/immagini-lesbiche-gratis.htm" immagini lesbiche gratis /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/amica-lesbica.htm" amica lesbica /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/arci-lesbiche.htm" arci lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/baci-lesbiche.htm" baci lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/belle-lesbiche.htm" belle lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/esperienze-lesbiche.htm" esperienze lesbiche /a a href="http://foto-lesbiche-gratis.deepthroatdor.com/lesbiche-rasate/film-di-lesbiche.htm" film di lesbiche /a

Old October 31st 06, 11:44 AM posted to alt.parenting.solutions
Selig Jane

a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/lesbian-domination-lesbian-femdom.htm" lesbian domination lesbian femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/hardcore-femdom.htm" hardcore femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/femdom-cruella.htm" femdom cruella /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/femdom-toilet-slave.htm" femdom toilet slave /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/femdom-husband.htm" femdom husband /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/femdom-slaves.htm" femdom slaves /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/femdom-strap.htm" femdom strap /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/bdsm-femdom.htm" bdsm femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/celebrity-femdom.htm" celebrity femdom /a a href="http://www.ravialmira.com/femdom-art-drawings/comic-femdom.htm" comic femdom /a