Rash on Hands

Old October 16th 03, 03:45 PM
Mark Cimoli

Default Rash on Hands

Hello, My wife has a rash on her hands. She just got it last night and
still has not gone way. It is bumpy and red and itches a lot. Its only on
the top of her hands and no ware else. Any ideas?
Mark
EDD 11/03

Old October 16th 03, 08:34 PM
Carol Ann

I developed a rash on my hands (primarily my knuckles) and on my elbows.

After seeing a dermatologist, I was told it was stress eczema (spelling?).

It itches like mad!!! I was given two types of creams and tried allot of
expensive over the counter meds.

The only thing that helped was to not stress out so much. I also stopped
taking HOT showers and keep my hands and elbows thoroughly moisturized.

My elbows STILL cause me problems!

Does that sound like what she has???

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge!
"Mark Cimoli" wrote in message
: Hello, My wife has a rash on her hands. She just got it last night and
: still has not gone way. It is bumpy and red and itches a lot. Its only
on
: the top of her hands and no ware else. Any ideas?
: Mark
: EDD 11/03
:
:

Old October 16th 03, 09:03 PM
JennP

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
nk.net...
I developed a rash on my hands (primarily my knuckles) and on my elbows.

After seeing a dermatologist, I was told it was stress eczema (spelling?).

It itches like mad!!! I was given two types of creams and tried allot of
expensive over the counter meds.

The only thing that helped was to not stress out so much. I also stopped
taking HOT showers and keep my hands and elbows thoroughly moisturized.

My elbows STILL cause me problems!

Does that sound like what she has???

I don't know. The OP is due in a few weeks. I'd say it sounds like PUPPS to
me only I didn't know it started on the hands.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 16th 03, 09:11 PM
Welches

Mark Cimoli wrote in message
Hello, My wife has a rash on her hands. She just got it last night and
still has not gone way. It is bumpy and red and itches a lot. Its only

on
the top of her hands and no ware else. Any ideas?
Mark
EDD 11/03

I got on and off small bumps on the side of my fingers, and occasionally on
my knuckles/finger joints, through my first pregnancy. They were red, had a
small amount of stuff (clear) inside, and were itchy and a bit sore if
touched/knocked. After I had her I often got the same when my period was
due, so I reckon it must be hormonal or similar.
I haven't had it this pregnancy. The spots usually go within a couple of
days. I never got it checked as I never seemed to have it when I was seeing
the dr.
My suggestion would be to see a pharmasist if it hasn't gone in a couple of
days.
Debbie

Old October 16th 03, 09:46 PM
Tatjana Farkin

"Welches" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Mark Cimoli wrote in message
Hello, My wife has a rash on her hands. She just got it last night

and
still has not gone way. It is bumpy and red and itches a lot. Its

only
on
the top of her hands and no ware else. Any ideas?
Mark
EDD 11/03

I got on and off small bumps on the side of my fingers, and

occasionally on
my knuckles/finger joints, through my first pregnancy. They were red,

had a
small amount of stuff (clear) inside, and were itchy and a bit sore if
touched/knocked. After I had her I often got the same when my period

was
due, so I reckon it must be hormonal or similar.

Dyshidrotic eczema? I have it on my hands, and it can drive me mad
itching!

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Old October 17th 03, 04:12 AM
Cheryl

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:45:19 -0700, "Mark Cimoli"
wrote:

Hello, My wife has a rash on her hands. She just got it last night and
still has not gone way. It is bumpy and red and itches a lot. Its only on
the top of her hands and no ware else. Any ideas?

Is she washing her hands more than usual? Is the air drier than it
has been? Is she drinking enough water? When I was extremely itchy
in pregnancy I had tests done and it turned out that I had just really
dry skin. It took a lot of moisturiser to fix it, and I had to start
both drinking even more water than usual and using moisturiser after
every hand wash to help.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)
Old October 17th 03, 11:50 AM
Mom2B

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and also have a rash on my hands that started around
24/25 weeks. My rash is mainly on the palms of my hands and the sides of my
fingers. Its itchy and comes up in tiny little pus filled bumps and gets
very hot and red when I scratch it!

The itchyness and bumps comes and goes and only lasts about half an hour
each time. It seems to happen every 2-3 times a day and I'm wandering if
it's related to any partiular types of foods?

I seem to have a craving for almonds and cashew nuts. If I stop eating them
I think the rash is slightly better but doesn't disappear completely. I'm as
mystified as you!

My midwidfe tells me its probably not pregnancy related, but I'm not
convinced since I've never got anything like this before!

Anika.
EDD 12th Jan 2004