Photos of 20,000 Iraqi civilians killed by USA

Old October 26th 03, 06:21 PM
bart boy

Default Photos of 20,000 Iraqi civilians killed by USA

I must say I have deep, gut-level reactions when
I see these photos of children killed and maimed
by the USA.

Some photographs are found he

http://www.shianews.com/hi/middle_ea...id/0000758.php

I would like to know what other photos
and web pages are available.

Have you seen any photos like these before?
Here in the USA, we never see photos like
these in newspapers and TV.

_______________________

I understand that some 20,000 innocent Iraqi
civilians were killed by the USA this year.

According to http://www.iraqbodycount.net
a concervative count of reported and confirmed
Iraqi civilian deaths DIRECTLY caused by the USA
is about 8,000 -- 9,000.
So the real figure is probably more like 20,000.

Old October 26th 03, 08:31 PM
GI Trekker

And your point would be?

How about comparing these figures to the number of Iraqi civilians, including
children, maimed, tortured, and killed over the many years of Saddam Hussein's
tyranny?

Or are you just in here to bash America?
Old October 26th 03, 08:53 PM
Jeff

"GI Trekker" wrote in message
And your point would be?

How about comparing these figures to the number of Iraqi civilians,

including
children, maimed, tortured, and killed over the many years of Saddam

Hussein's
tyranny?

Or are you just in here to bash America?

So, if Hussein killed Iraqi's, including children, it is ok if we do it too?
The children didn't hide the weapons of mass destruction (nor, apparently,
di Hussein).

America sets a higher standard. Too bad we don't live up to it.

Jeff

Old October 26th 03, 09:18 PM
P. Tierney

"Jeff" wrote in message
"GI Trekker" wrote in message
And your point would be?

How about comparing these figures to the number of Iraqi civilians,

including
children, maimed, tortured, and killed over the many years of Saddam

Hussein's
tyranny?

Or are you just in here to bash America?

So, if Hussein killed Iraqi's, including children, it is ok if we do it

too?

And if it's so awful, why didn't the practices of the murderous
Hussein come up at all in the 2000 elections? After all, he's been
doing it for decades. Why didn't Bush announce his invasion plans
at that time?

P. Tierney

Old October 26th 03, 10:48 PM
toto

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:18:27 GMT, "P. Tierney"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
"GI Trekker" wrote in message
And your point would be?

How about comparing these figures to the number of Iraqi civilians,

including
children, maimed, tortured, and killed over the many years of Saddam

Hussein's
tyranny?

Or are you just in here to bash America?

So, if Hussein killed Iraqi's, including children, it is ok if we do it

too?

And if it's so awful, why didn't the practices of the murderous
Hussein come up at all in the 2000 elections? After all, he's been
doing it for decades. Why didn't Bush announce his invasion plans
at that time?

P. Tierney

LOL

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old October 27th 03, 08:31 AM
Byron Canfield

"GI Trekker" wrote in message
And your point would be?

How about comparing these figures to the number of Iraqi civilians,

including
children, maimed, tortured, and killed over the many years of Saddam

Hussein's
tyranny?

Or are you just in here to bash America?

So trying to fix what needs fixing constitutes bashing? That's a rather
limited view.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old October 27th 03, 08:44 AM
Cori

bart boy ] wrote in message oo.com...
I must say I have deep, gut-level reactions when
I see these photos of children killed and maimed
by the USA.

Have you seen any photos like these before?
Here in the USA, we never see photos like
these in newspapers and TV.

Of course! During the Vietnam war there were those horrible pictures
of women and children who had been shot or were running around, alive,
but with their clothes burned off and flesh so charred they required
years of skin grafts. Not to mention films of peoples' houses being
torched and reports of atrocities not even captured on film. These
pictures and stories proved so bad for morale that none have been
allowed out in any subsequent war. Gulf War 1 was only missiles taken
at night--it looked like some lame fireworks display. In large part,
the same also goes for wounded or killed U. S. soldiers. You do see
some but nothing like the pictures that came out of Vietnam. Check
out the retrospective Walter Cronkite did on his life and career for
his perspective on this sort of news "coverage."
Old October 29th 03, 03:20 PM
Tom Enright

wrote:

And if it's so awful, why didn't the practices of the murderous
Hussein come up at all in the 2000 elections? After all, he's been
doing it for decades. Why didn't Bush announce his invasion plans
at that time?

P. Tierney

LOL

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2000/msg01051.html
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/deb...s/u221003.html
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/election2000/speeches/

etc.

HTH

-TOE
Old October 30th 03, 01:31 AM
P. Tierney

"Tom Enright" wrote in message
om...

. ..
wrote:

And if it's so awful, why didn't the practices of the murderous
Hussein come up at all in the 2000 elections? After all, he's been
doing it for decades. Why didn't Bush announce his invasion plans
at that time?

LOL

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2000/msg01051.html
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/deb...s/u221003.html
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/election2000/speeches/

etc.

There are several lines in those links about how Bush chides Gore
for being for "nation building". If we aren't building a nation, then what
are we doing over there?

BTW, anyone see the Daily Show feature that had a debate,
Bush vs. Bush? They interspersed clips from Bush comments that
he made on the campaign trail and used them as a "debate" with
the Bush of the last few much. Freaking hilarious.

P. Tierney

Old October 30th 03, 01:57 AM
P. Tierney

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
newsRZnb.59995$e01.171114@attbi_s02...

"Tom Enright" wrote in message
om...

. ..
wrote:

And if it's so awful, why didn't the practices of the murderous
Hussein come up at all in the 2000 elections? After all, he's been
doing it for decades. Why didn't Bush announce his invasion plans
at that time?

LOL

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2000/msg01051.html
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/deb...s/u221003.html
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/election2000/speeches/

etc.

Let me add a second response to this. While he did make an
occassional side-reference to Hussien and sanctions, it was never a
part of his platform, or the Republican platform, to overthrow
his government. He said he wanted to "support to the groups that are
trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein." Not use our troops to
to it, and build their nation.

Nor were there mentions of how horrible it was the civilians and
children were being murdered there (which is the current popular
rationale for the war) even though it happened just as much in the 90's
as it did in the 00's. The same goes for any "weapons" threat.

It simply wasn't much of an issue for his campaign. And
when it was an issue, the rationale was different.

P. Tierney