I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old October 21st 04, 02:15 AM
Mum of Two

Default I must be the worst mother on MKP

Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I don't
even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her up
sometimes. She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her off
when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl upside
down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at us.
I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group thought
my scones were biscuits. I don't do sewing either. Actually, I don't do much
of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old October 21st 04, 02:27 AM
Tori M.

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on

end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career

cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha

Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

I know how you feel.. Honnestly! My breaking point is about 1/3 on an inch
these days. I am a horrible house keeper and I dont make anything myself.
I must admit I can cook anything in a box though I usualy dont Well other
then normal every day meals. I did not wear my daughter and dont really plan
to wear the next one unless he NEEDS to be worn. I would do almost anything
to make him not be a screamer like Bonnie was Though as I have said the
solution to that was to put her down..
I cant even claim the breastfeeding thing but to date Bonnie also has a
perfectly shaped head to carry to therapy when she gets older

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Hanging in by a rib Due 10/??/04

Old October 21st 04, 02:28 AM
Plissken

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
[...]

No one is perfect! And just because a person co-sleeps and wears their baby
all the time does not make them a better parent than someone who doesn't.
All babies are different and have different needs. It sounds to me like you
have a baby that is a bit more independent than most. I had one of those
babies.

From day one I could put her down in her bassinet (no I didn't cosleep, but
she slept beside our bed for 9 months) and she would lay there quietly until
she went to sleep and at 17 months I can still put her down awake and she
will fall asleep by herself. My daughter never cried unless she was hungry
(not even for a wet diaper) and never really needed to be held constantly. I
did carry her around in her baby bjorn when she was really young and we went
for walks, but she went in her stroller at times too.

She is now 17 months and I'm 5 months pregnant so there is no way I carry
her anymore. Every baby and mom is different. I'm sure you are a wonderful
mother.

Nadene

Old October 21st 04, 02:54 AM
Larry McMahan

Mum of Two writes:
: Everyone here is so perfect!

Damn right!

: It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
: co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on end
: while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
: besides and a successful career.

Oh, for a minute there, I though you were talking about me.
And, uh, they don't scream. After all they're perfect, too!

: Those of you who don't have a career cook,
: bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha Stewart
: minus the criminal record.

Gag!

: Still others of you are _always right_ or at
: least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
: everyone who reads you, myself included.

So you ARE talking about me after all!

: Do you ever get hormonal,
: overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

So you know me personally, too. BTDT. There right now.

: I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I don't
: even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her up
: sometimes. She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her off
: when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
: mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl upside
: down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at us.

And why are you telling us this? At least she's a fast learner.

: I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group thought
: my scones were biscuits. I don't do sewing either. Actually, I don't do much
: of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
: contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

Look at the bright side, at least you are consistent!

: At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
: system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

If this were mkb, I would say you added this last bit just so that your
post would be on topic. Since it is not, I'm termnially confused.

: --
: Amy,
: Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
: & Ana born screaming 30/06/04
: email: barton . souto @ clear . net . nz (join the dots!)

Ya' know. You Kiwi's have a really strange sense of humor.

Scratching head,
Larry
Old October 21st 04, 03:04 AM
Chotii

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on
end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career
cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha
Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

People comment to me on what a gentle, considerate, even-tempered mother I
am.

People do not see me totally losing my temper and snarling at children at
8pm when I Just Can't Take It Anymore.

People tell me what bright, outgoing children I have, and boggle at how I
juggle them all, and cooking, and sewing, and homeschooling.

People do not see how many hours of television a day my children watch.

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been vacuumed in quite
possibly 2 weeks. In fact, if someone came here, they *could* not see my
living room floor, because it's too cluttered.

People do see the dresses I have sewn (for $10), and compliment them. Those
would of course also compliment similar dresses that cost $45 in a
catalogue. But I can't afford them. My daughters like wearing dresses.
Shrug.

I cook. Cooking from scratch for a family of 6 costs a heck of a lot less
than pre-prepared meals. This is a matter of frugality and financial
survival, not perfection.

I cannot wear my baby. Every time I try, I wind up at the chiropractor's
office for a few hundred dollars' worth of bills not covered by insurance. I
co-sleep with my youngest out of desperation for sleep....

Why, exactly, do you call such things perfection? Is it your idea of
perfection? It isn't mine. It's just survival the best I know how.

--angela

Old October 21st 04, 03:25 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Chotii wrote:
Why, exactly, do you call such things perfection? Is it your idea of
perfection? It isn't mine. It's just survival the best I know how.

Amen to that.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old October 21st 04, 04:55 AM
Irrational Number

Chotii wrote:

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been vacuumed in quite
possibly 2 weeks.

That's it? 2 weeks? Try a few months here...
(Oops, maybe I should not have admitted that!)

-- Anita --

Old October 21st 04, 05:02 AM
Denise Anderson

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on
end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career

Add me to the crappy mother's club You do what makes your family happy,
that's what makes you a good mommy.

Denise

Old October 21st 04, 05:05 AM
Marie

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:04:23 GMT, "Chotii"
wrote:
People comment to me on what a gentle, considerate, even-tempered mother I
am.

People do not see me totally losing my temper and snarling at children at
8pm when I Just Can't Take It Anymore.

People tell me what bright, outgoing children I have, and boggle at how I
juggle them all, and cooking, and sewing, and homeschooling.

Ok I do not sew...and I feel so haggled much of the time. I always
looked at other homeschooling mothers and wondered how in the world
they have it all together...PLUS sewing and some actually have
spotless homes (which to be honest is not that important to me but
sometimes I wish I were better at it) So I join this homeschooling
moms group and realize they are all haggled and tired, they just cover
it really well )
I really enjoyed reading your post. I really understand. Except for
the sewing...
Marie
Old October 21st 04, 05:27 AM
Nan

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:55:45 GMT, Irrational Number
scribbled:

Chotii wrote:

People do not see my living room floor, which has not been vacuumed in quite
possibly 2 weeks.

That's it? 2 weeks? Try a few months here...
(Oops, maybe I should not have admitted that!)

-- Anita --

Hehe, you ladies are making me feel better about *my* floor ;-)

Nan