Are chiropractors physicians?

Old August 25th 03, 12:09 AM
Jeff

Default Are chiropractors physicians?

"David Wright" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
Jeff wrote:

And I don't see how chiropractors bridge a gap between physical

therapists
and physicians. Physical therapists are highly trained professionals how
understand anatomy and physiology from their coursework in school.

Subluxations aside, what is your basis for implying that chiropractors
don't understand anatomy? Are they telling us the leg bone is
connected to the arm bone?

I did not imply that chiropractors don't understand anatomy. Rather, if they
think that the main cause of disease is spinal problems, their understanding
of physiology and pathology is why off, IMHO:
http://www.chirobase.org/01General/modde.html.

While many physical therapists mmight not have as comprensive training in
anatomy and physiology, at least the training they have is based on
scientifically verifiable principles. While phyisical therapists and
physicians have different professional training and different ways of
helping people, the gap between PTs and physicians is not one that needs to
be filled, espeically by quacks.

Jeff

Old August 25th 03, 03:57 PM
David

"Jeff" wrote in message
Considering that the theory behind chiropractic is not supported by

medical
science, I don't think

Jeff

Old August 25th 03, 03:57 PM
David

"Jeff" wrote in message

"giselle" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

Considering that the theory behind chiropractic is not supported by

medical
science, I don't think chiropractors should be allowed to call

themselves
physicians. In addition, chiropractors do not have the in-depth

training
that physicians about the human body or appropriate training such as
residency.

They do provide a service though. I used to think that they
were total quacks. But, after working with a personal injury
lawyer, I've seen a suprising number of mutual referrals
between neurologists and chiroporactors as well as mutual
respect. In a sense, chiropractors bridge the gap between
physical (or massage) therapists and physicians. Some people
are highly comforted by their services. Whether the placebo
effect is the main modus operandi or not remains unknown.

I agree that some chiropractors provide valuable services. However,
physical therapists, occupational therapists, dentists, psychologists and
social workers all provide extremely important services. But they aren't
physicians either.

And I don't see how chiropractors bridge a gap between physical therapists
and physicians. Physical therapists are highly trained professionals how
understand anatomy and physiology from their coursework in school.

Jeff

Jeffie has not researched this.

Old August 25th 03, 03:57 PM
David

Ahhh! noise from the idiot team.
"Orac" wrote in message
news
No.

They are not physicians.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you

Old August 25th 03, 03:57 PM
David

"Jeff" wrote in message
(...)

Personally, I'd put chiropractors below physical therapists and massage
therapists, in roughly the same category as fortune tellers and
astrologers and faith healers. You know, the KOOK category.

Chiropractors have been shown to improve back pain. For a few people with
very specific conditions, some chriopractors do a wonderful service. (I
think good physical therapy would be just as effective). However,
considering that chiropractic is based on theories that are not in any way
backed by science, I think the work would be better off without them.

(...)

There you go again, trying to convince folks, that you think.

Old August 25th 03, 03:57 PM
David

"Howard McCollister" wrote in message

"giselle" wrote in message
Mein wrote:

Used to? They ARE. Your mind is going backwards.

There is no need to be insulting. After you've
gone through approximately 100 m of paperwork
wherein neurologists and sports physicians send
their injured patients to chiropractors, you might
see things a little differently, too. I would not have
believed it myself until I saw it. I didn't say that
chiropractors accomplished anything. I just said that
they provide a service. Some people find value in it.

\

Many physcians send some patients to chiropracters, including me. However,
it's been my experience that this is done, not because the chiropracters
have specific medical treatments that are more effective, but because
chiropracters are generally less constrained by scientific honesty. They

can
do a great song and dance for the patient and really make it believable.

The
resultant placebo effect is significant and can "cure" many patients that
haven't responded to allopathic diagnosis and treatment primarily because
their symptoms are either entirely psychological, or psychologically
augmented symptoms of real physical complaints.

HMc

Unless you tell the Chiros that you "send" people exactly that, you sir ,
are dishonest and a admitted BS artist.. Not one to be trusted.

Old August 25th 03, 05:00 PM
Orac

In article . net,
"David" wrote:

Ahhh! noise from the idiot team.

Yes, that does describe your posts very well.

Old August 25th 03, 06:02 PM
Howard McCollister

ink.net...

"giselle" wrote in message
Mein wrote:

[...]

I not only tell the chiropracter exactly that, I tell the patient exactly
that as well.

And, the opinion of my trustworthiness from an idiot like you is of
absolutely no concern to me.

HMc

Old August 25th 03, 06:34 PM
David

"Howard McCollister" wrote in message

ink.net...

,
are dishonest and a admitted BS artist.. Not one to be trusted.

I not only tell the chiropracter exactly that, I tell the patient exactly
that as well.

I don't believe that you say anything of the sort. If you did, the Chiros
would tell you to go screw. If you told paitents that, you would not see
that person again. You are an insult to medicine.
And, the opinion of my trustworthiness from an idiot like you is of
absolutely no concern to me.

HMc

If that were true, you would not have replied to me.