OT ish - bedding at night

Old July 29th 03, 09:56 AM
teapot

Default OT ish - bedding at night

I am worried about overheating the Moo boy at night but I think he is
waking up becuase he is cold. The instructions I can find for cot
bedding assume you live in a house with constant temperatures, we
don't. It is around 25 degrees in the day time and he goes to bed
with a very very thin quilt, and a doubled up fleece blanket. Round
about 3am when he wakes up for milk I put another fleece blanket on
him. I am in bed with a sheet, a cotton throw and a very thin
sleeping bag opened out, but I have his dad as heating too.

What do you think?

teapot
Old July 29th 03, 10:19 AM
Kereru

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
I am worried about overheating the Moo boy at night but I think he is
waking up becuase he is cold. The instructions I can find for cot
bedding assume you live in a house with constant temperatures, we
don't. It is around 25 degrees in the day time and he goes to bed
with a very very thin quilt, and a doubled up fleece blanket. Round
about 3am when he wakes up for milk I put another fleece blanket on
him. I am in bed with a sheet, a cotton throw and a very thin
sleeping bag opened out, but I have his dad as heating too.

What do you think?

teapot

I always dressed my little one as if he was sleeping without covers because
he always kicked the blankets off. I just used one blanket for the same
reason. I found without feet on his pjs he always woke up even in summer.

Judy

Old July 29th 03, 10:31 AM
Elana

teapot wrote:

What do you think?

We're not as warm as you right now, but we normally put Patrick down in
a sleepsuit if it's cool, or a babygro and a blanket if it's warm (light
blanket...he kicks it off anyway). The best way to tell is when he
wakes up in the middle of the night, feel the back of his neck. If it
feels hot, he's got too much. Cold, too litte. Warm, perfecto :-).

Old July 29th 03, 10:52 AM
A&G&K

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
I am worried about overheating the Moo boy at night but I think he is
waking up becuase he is cold. The instructions I can find for cot
bedding assume you live in a house with constant temperatures, we
don't. It is around 25 degrees in the day time and he goes to bed
with a very very thin quilt, and a doubled up fleece blanket. Round
about 3am when he wakes up for milk I put another fleece blanket on
him. I am in bed with a sheet, a cotton throw and a very thin
sleeping bag opened out, but I have his dad as heating too.

What do you think?

teapot

Here (Brisbane, Australia) the general rule is to count numbers of layers
you have on (including pjs and sheets, blankets etc) and put bub in the same
number of layers plus 1. So if you have pjs, a sheet and a blanket, bub
might have same but 2 blankets instead of 1.

HTH
Amanda

Old July 30th 03, 04:44 AM
Cathy

teapot wrote in message
om...
I am worried about overheating the Moo boy at night but I think he is
waking up becuase he is cold. The instructions I can find for cot
bedding assume you live in a house with constant temperatures, we
don't. It is around 25 degrees in the day time and he goes to bed
with a very very thin quilt, and a doubled up fleece blanket. Round
about 3am when he wakes up for milk I put another fleece blanket on
him. I am in bed with a sheet, a cotton throw and a very thin
sleeping bag opened out, but I have his dad as heating too.

What do you think?

teapot

I was once told that babies that are warm tend to get sleepy, while babies
that are cold tend to wake up. I should add here that I know babies that
hate being warm! But DD has always had her best sleeps when she has been
rosy cheeked with warmth, (in the car etc). We are in winter here, and I
have DD in a sleep suit with a woolen singlet underneath, a sheet, a very
thin woolen balnket, and 2 layers of a fleece blanket. It sounds a bit
excessive when written down, but I don't heat her room at all. She is
certainly not cold! When she wakes in the night, she feels just right.

Cathy