Toddler/Blanket suggestions

Old December 5th 03, 07:39 PM
P. Tierney

Default Toddler/Blanket suggestions

Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps? She kicks her feet when it's on her when
she's awake, and seems to eventually do so at night
too. I've got her bundled quite a bit at night. I know
that she'll eventually grow out of it, but if I can help in
the transition, I'd really like to.

BTW, it isn't totally a trivial matter. She sleeps
with us, and between us since she can be restless.
As she's growing, it's getting more uncomfortable to
find a position that works for two heavily blanket
people on the bed edges, and one unblanketed kid
in the middle.

P. Tierney

Old December 5th 03, 08:05 PM
Clisby

P. Tierney wrote:
Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps? She kicks her feet when it's on her when
she's awake, and seems to eventually do so at night
too. I've got her bundled quite a bit at night. I know
that she'll eventually grow out of it, but if I can help in
the transition, I'd really like to.

Give it up. Just give it up.

BTW, it isn't totally a trivial matter. She sleeps
with us, and between us since she can be restless.
As she's growing, it's getting more uncomfortable to
find a position that works for two heavily blanket
people on the bed edges, and one unblanketed kid
in the middle.

I can think of a couple of possibilities. Shove the bed against the
wall, and give her the wall edge. However, this can be annoying for the
adult trapped in the middle.

You and your wife can each have your own blankets, with a kind of a
cover-free zone in the middle. If you bundle your daughter up, I doubt
she's going to be too cold sandwiched between 2 larger humans.

Clisby

Old December 5th 03, 08:11 PM
Jenn

In article ,
Clisby wrote:

P. Tierney wrote:
[...]

this is what blanket sleepers were invented for
Old December 5th 03, 08:20 PM
HollyLewis

Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps? She kicks her feet when it's on her when
she's awake, and seems to eventually do so at night
too. I've got her bundled quite a bit at night. I know
that she'll eventually grow out of it, but if I can help in
the transition, I'd really like to.

If she doesn't like blankets over her, I don't see how you can change her mind
-- nor why you'd really want to.

BTW, it isn't totally a trivial matter. She sleeps
with us, and between us since she can be restless.
As she's growing, it's getting more uncomfortable to
find a position that works for two heavily blanket
people on the bed edges, and one unblanketed kid
in the middle.

Either you put her on top of the blankets in the middle -- which only helps
snug the covers nicely around the adults! -- or you put her on one side of the
bed and arrange the blankets so they are a bit off to the other side. Both
methods work fine for us, anyway.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old December 5th 03, 08:44 PM
Welches

P. Tierney wrote in message
Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps? She kicks her feet when it's on her when
she's awake, and seems to eventually do so at night
too. I've got her bundled quite a bit at night. I know
that she'll eventually grow out of it, but if I can help in
the transition, I'd really like to.

BTW, it isn't totally a trivial matter. She sleeps
with us, and between us since she can be restless.
As she's growing, it's getting more uncomfortable to
find a position that works for two heavily blanket
people on the bed edges, and one unblanketed kid
in the middle.

Sleeping bags.
Dd#1 loved hers at that age.
Debbie

Old December 5th 03, 10:46 PM
LisaBell

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:39:56 GMT, "P. Tierney"
wrote:

Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps? She kicks her feet when it's on her when
she's awake, and seems to eventually do so at night
too. I've got her bundled quite a bit at night. I know
that she'll eventually grow out of it, but if I can help in
the transition, I'd really like to.

BTW, it isn't totally a trivial matter. She sleeps
with us, and between us since she can be restless.
As she's growing, it's getting more uncomfortable to
find a position that works for two heavily blanket
people on the bed edges, and one unblanketed kid
in the middle.

One of ours was just like this. She would thrash and kick the blanket
down between us in the most annoying way. Eventually we put her in
fleecy blanket sleepers and laid her on top of the blanket. Later,
when she moved to her own bed she used a sleeping bag for a while.

The change came suddenly at the beginning of one winter (we don't use
any blankets in summer) when she fell in love with her comforter. She
always snuggles under it now (she is 5).

I don't really think there is anything you can do except make sure
they are warm enough without, then let them sleep how they like. We
always kept a folded blanket at the foot of DD's bed, even when she
wouldn't use it, to encourage her.

--Lisabell
Old December 10th 03, 05:03 PM
Ilse Witch

P. Tierney wrote:
Any hints on how to get a child under the blanket when
she sleeps?

We use a European style sleeping bag for DS. He is growing out of
it, and only then did we discover such items are non-existent in
the US. It is basically a bag with holes for arms and head, and
a zipper to close. They come with and without sleeves and are
very practical, up to the point where DS learns to undo zippers
(we're getting close to that). Also relatively easy to make if
you know how to use a sewing machine.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (17m)

Old December 10th 03, 07:34 PM
Marnie

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message news:br7jll$91kq$5@ID-
We use a European style sleeping bag for DS. He is growing out of
it, and only then did we discover such items are non-existent in
the US.

Not so much nonexistent.
http://tinyurl.com/yn4l

--
Marnie

Old December 10th 03, 10:46 PM
toto

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:34:17 GMT, "Marnie" wrote:

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message news:br7jll$91kq$5@ID-
We use a European style sleeping bag for DS. He is growing out of
it, and only then did we discover such items are non-existent in
the US.

Not so much nonexistent.
http://tinyurl.com/yn4l

--
Marnie

We always used the kind that had feet, like these. (older size, but
they came in infant sizes too)

http://www.infashionkids.com/childre...s-4-to-6x.html

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old December 10th 03, 10:57 PM
toto

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:34:17 GMT, "Marnie" wrote:

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message news:br7jll$91kq$5@ID-
We use a European style sleeping bag for DS. He is growing out of
it, and only then did we discover such items are non-existent in
the US.

Not so much nonexistent.
http://tinyurl.com/yn4l

Just out of stock at target g

Babies R us has them though

http://www.babygenie.com/product_details.asp?pid=5470

So do a few other places.

--
Marnie

These work too.

http://www.littlebigfoot.com/infant.htm

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

gift suggestions P. Tierney General 9 December 9th 03 04:12 AM
baby bath suggestions dragonlady General 1 July 15th 03 01:48 AM
Carrier Suggestions For a Big Baby toto General 1 July 10th 03 11:27 PM