and where are you from?..

Old March 16th 04, 05:42 AM
Maggie

Default and where are you from?..

Kereru spake thusly

"Maggie" wrote

Did you see the aerobatics over the harbour this afternoon?

No, I'm in Tawa so we can't see quite that far :-)

Ah! We were actually coming out of The Warehouse in town and wondering
what all the Japanese tourists were pointing at...
--
Maggie
EDD 28 April #1
Old March 16th 04, 05:49 AM
Maggie

Circe spake thusly
Maggie wrote:

Ohmigod! I lived in Belgrave Square for a couple of years, first
floor bedsit at No 30.

Wow! That's totally amazing. I'm not 100% sure (I'd have to go back and find
some the letters that my mother sent me during that year to get the exact
address), but I'm pretty sure we lived within a few doors of each other if
not in the same building.

Now, *that's* freaky. I was there 94/95.

I always wanted a "garden apartment"

LOL. I always said it was a fancy way to say you lived in the basement
(which was basically where our apartment was).

Yup. But at least you had access to "outdoors". When I moved back
home to NZ, I swore I'd always have a back door step to sit on during a
warm summer's evening.
--
Maggie
EDD 28 April #1
Old March 16th 04, 11:34 AM
Tatjana Farkin

"melizabeth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"Tatjana Farkin" wrote in message
Germany, with plans to relocate to England in 2005.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Are you with the military? I was in Germany and moved to the UK last

July.

Nope, I happen to be German, born and bred here :-)

Tatjana

Old March 16th 04, 11:35 AM
Tatjana Farkin

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:12:12 +0000 (UTC), "melizabeth"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
"Tatjana Farkin" wrote in message
Germany, with plans to relocate to England in 2005.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Are you with the military? I was in Germany and moved to the UK last

July.

Er, I think you will find she's actually *German* pretty far out
reason to live there I know ;-)

(ignore me, just being cheeky here!)

Yeah, I'm weird. Lol.

Tatjana

Old March 16th 04, 02:26 PM
Vicki S

Default Request for US members

Daye wrote:
I have lived with daylight savings my entire life. I HATE the way it
screws with my system twice a year. It takes me weeks to get used to
the new time. I wish governments would just go back to standard time.

I totally agree. I lived with Daylight Savings Time my whole life
until I moved to Indiana in 1993. Wow, I so do not miss DST. It's so
stupid! The only problem with not having it is that they still have
it in all the other states where people I love live, and they (and I,
but less so) get confused about "what time it is there", etc. :-)

Also, now I know when they are on "real" time and when it is adjusted.
And now I know that DST lasts a full 6 months. I didn't pay
attention to that stuff before I moved to a place that doesn't do DST.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel DS, born 11/16/99; DD, born at home
Old March 16th 04, 02:54 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

A&G&K wrote:

"Daye" wrote in message

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:28:39 +1100, Cheryl
wrote:

If FNQ was its own state then the rest of Qld could have daylight
saving.....

But why would you want it?

I hear ya! We did try daylight saving a few years back and we *hated* it.
Don't need it, don't want it.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

We do both standard and daylight here, and I have to tell you that
daylight savings time is the BEST. I wish that we would do away with
standard time completely.

Old March 16th 04, 03:44 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:54:54 -0500, Vicky Bilaniuk
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

We do both standard and daylight here, and I have to tell you that
daylight savings time is the BEST. I wish that we would do away with
standard time completely.

I have to agree - would rather have it light in the evening than at
6am! We still have a few weeks to go and its already light way too
early for my liking here!

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old March 16th 04, 04:58 PM
missuswayne

I'm from New Jersey, but currently live in Yardley, Pennsylvania. It's
about 1/2 hour northeast of Philadelphia.

"Leanne" wrote in message ...
The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

I'm from Alice Springs, Australia.

Next??

Leanne
edd: 23rd April 2004

Old March 16th 04, 05:09 PM
maureen

This is my first time posting after much lurking. Born and raised in
Hawaii, USA (18 yrs), University in Egypt and Davis, California, USA.
Lived and worked in Berkeley, California, USA but now live in Aachen,
Germany. "Where are you from?" always takes me forever to answer.

Maureen & DD 28/12/2003

Old March 16th 04, 06:08 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

We do both standard and daylight here, and I have to tell you that
daylight savings time is the BEST. I wish that we would do away with
standard time completely.

I have to agree - would rather have it light in the evening than at
6am! We still have a few weeks to go and its already light way too
early for my liking here!

Yeah, and because of the way the earth tilts or rotates or whatever (I'm
not an astronomer, but my hubby works with one, so I hear about this
stuff second hand), sunrises get earlier faster, before sunsets start
occurring later (I always thought it was even, but it's not), so we
really get nailed with this morning light thing for a long time before
it finally changes.

When I was a kid, I would get up to go to school in the dark, and then
get home and have an hour left to play outside. If they had left it on
DST in the winter, I would have still gotten up in the dark, but I would
have had two hours to play outside after school. Then when I started
working, I rarely saw the light of day in the winter. No wonder SAD is
such a problem in Canada. I'll bet that just getting rid of standard
time would help at least a little bit. Some people might actually get
to see an hour of light after they get home from their day jobs.

Sometimes I get annoyed with how dark it gets this far north in the
winter, but then I remind myself of the fact that it's so easy to catch
sunsets in the winter (that is, if you're not stuck in some indoor job),
and that they often light the sky on fire for up to an hour. Truly
beautiful. Even better if you get a northern lights show later on.