Car Accident

Old September 24th 03, 11:14 PM
CME

Default Car Accident

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
news:dgnbb.615$0a6.37@edtnps84...

"CME" wrote in message
.. .

But yeah, today we're going on some errands (Eli is quite concerned

about
how his stitches supposedly make him look ugly) *sigh* so we're going to
take a small trip in my car and see how that goes.

Christine

Tell him it looks like a wound from back in 'Nam. (Well, that's something

my
dad would say, anyways)
And also, going back in a car is definitely a good idea. I know that when
my auntie, years and years ago, ran down this old guy crossing the street,
she was so shaken up and refused to drive. She called my uncle to pick

her
up, and he made her drive them home, and although it was so hard for her

do it, she did it anyways, and she really believes that if she didn't get
right back in that driver's seat, and waited and waited, she would never
have driven again.
After my accident, I was terrified to get into my dad's truck, let alone
drive myself. I just kept seeing that same scene replay over and over in

my
mind, and every now and then, I still freak out while turning left or when
oncoming cars are fairly close. It was almost exactly a month before I

sat
behind the wheel, and I only did because there was no possible way Wes

could
drive 2 cars at the same time (it was when we picked the car up from the
shop and went to return the rental car) Even then, I was so scared, and
told Wes to take the baby with him in the rental car, just because I was
freaking out and thinking the same thing could happen again. He followed
me, and said, although I'm normally a good leader when people follow, it

was
the worst leading I had ever done... I slammed on the breaks in the middle
of the intersection as soon as the light turned yellow, slowed down when I
thought the light was going to turn red, and would wait until there was a
good 3 blocks of a break in traffic to turn. Eventually things got

better,
and everything is fine, and I do believe my auntie when she said that she
wouldn't have driven again if she didn't get back in the driver's seat

right
after... Hell, I waited a month and I was freaking out so much, and

driving
all alone didn't make it much better.
Get right back on the horse when you fall off, and it's the only way

you'll
be able to keep going... Same goes for cars. Hopefully everything goes

well
for you and both boys. I realize, really, there's not too much to fear on
the road if you are cautious and careful.

Just to clarify... I wasn't driving Kat, it was my cousin, but you're right,
right now she's too scared to drive, but I told her she has to get back on
the horse because waiting will make it harder.

Christine

Old September 25th 03, 08:24 PM
ŠkatŠ

"CME" wrote in message
.. .

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
> [...]

"CME" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

No, no, I got it that your cuz was driving with your boys and wasn't it her
daughter?
Point I was trying to make was, either driver or passenger, it's easiest to
get over the fear of a car by getting right back in. I was even scared as a
passenger in a car, and, aside from getting a ride home and surely being in
shock for the next 24 hours or so, I didn't get into a car again for at
least a week, and it was bad on the residential streets, and pure hell as
soon as we got off the residential streets and on the acutal busy roads.
Almost a year later, I am fine, although I am somewhat scared of this
Tuesday, which is the 1 year "anniversary" lol

Old September 28th 03, 04:34 AM
AMYLYNN S

OT - Accident update - more :( Sophie Pregnancy 33 June 16th 04 08:29 AM
Car accident A&G&K Pregnancy 5 June 14th 04 05:47 AM
update to car accident A&G&K Pregnancy 4 June 14th 04 12:13 AM
Car accident last night Sophie Pregnancy 59 May 25th 04 04:35 AM
Scary - Car accident Rupert Pregnancy 7 August 15th 03 02:54 AM