Discharge

Old January 23rd 04, 05:16 PM
kimberlee

Default Discharge

Everytime I have gone to the bathroom this morning, when I wipe there is this clear, mucus looking discharge. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been told if I lost the mucus plug it would be tinted pink. So, what could this be?

Old January 23rd 04, 05:36 PM
Kat

"kimberlee" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Everytime I have gone to the bathroom this morning, when I wipe there is

this clear, mucus looking discharge. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been
told if I lost the mucus plug it would be tinted pink. So, what could this
be?

I have been having the same stuff for the past few weeks and there are days
where there is more, and some days where there is hardly any. It is
completely normal and is just a vaginal discharge. If you lose your mucus
plug it will definitely be distinguishable, unmistakable. I didn't lose
mine noticably, I never saw any change in my discharge. Good luck!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 23rd 04, 08:08 PM
New York Jen

"kimberlee" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Everytime I have gone to the bathroom this morning, when I wipe there is

this clear, mucus looking discharge. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been
told if I lost the mucus plug it would be tinted pink. So, what could this
be?

When I lost my mucous plug it was just a chunk of mucous (sorry if TMI) and
it was not blood tinged at all...just looked like a huge booger (sorry
again, TMI). I had been having contractions the whole day prior and had my
son the next day at noon. He was 11 days early. I know that you can lose
your mucous plug and not go into labor for at least another week or so also.
Not sure if you're getting just some heavy discharge or if it's the
plug...why not put a call into the doctor?

Good luck!

- Jen

Old January 24th 04, 12:01 AM
Plissken

wrote in message
| On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:16:09 -0600, in misc.kids.pregnancy "kimberlee"
wrote:

| :Everytime I have gone to the bathroom this morning, when I wipe there is
this clear, mucus looking discharge. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been
told if I lost the mucus plug it would be tinted pink. So, what could this
be?

| There is the mucus plug and then there is bloody show.. mucus plug coming
out does not mean too much but bloody show means you are in labor.

Bloody show does not necessarily mean you are in labour. I had a bloody show
on my EDD and kept having them on and off for 1 week an ended up being
induced at 13 days overdue.

--
Nadene

Old January 26th 04, 03:26 AM
BellyBelly

Richard,

Towards the end of pregnancy, high levels of progesterone can cause more
discharge than usual, so it could be that, or the mucous plug can which can
be clear. I think if the discharge is watery it's more likely due to
progesterone and if more stringy then could be the plug.

Good luck!

"Richard" wrote in message
kimberlee wrote:
: Everytime I have gone to the bathroom this morning, when I wipe there is

this
: clear, mucus looking discharge. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been

told if I
: lost the mucus plug it would be tinted pink. So, what could this be?

normal discharge (which increases as pregnancy continues).

Richard
Micaela's dad

(TMI) Discharge at 39 weeks na Pregnancy 1 November 7th 03 11:17 PM
Leaking Mom2B Pregnancy 2 October 26th 03 10:01 PM
Yellowish discharge?? Jody Pellerin Pregnancy 3 September 16th 03 04:30 AM
question about early/pre-labour (somewhat graphic) Em Pregnancy 0 September 9th 03 04:24 AM
Foul odor discharge (graphic) daisy Pregnancy 3 July 25th 03 10:04 AM