Home Birth Vs. Hospital One

Old July 4th 07, 03:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
luka

Default Home Birth Vs. Hospital One

Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Old July 4th 07, 04:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

luka schrieb:
Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

And you're asking this "as an owner of commercial baby site," who "has
great experience"?

cu
nicole
Old July 5th 07, 09:08 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
luka

On Jul 4, 6:33 pm, NL wrote:
luka schrieb:

Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

And you're asking this "as an owner of commercial baby site," who "has
great experience"?

cu
nicole

hi nicole.

Yes, it's always good to hear what other mothers thinks, it may sounds
wierd although that's how I gained my experience from listening rather
than judging others

if you have some advice I'll be happy to hear it

All the best
Uri

Old July 8th 07, 03:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Flowergirl

"luka" wrote in message
oups.com...
Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Given that this is a question that only your wife can answer, I wonder why
you post it here.
Personally I was "more relaxed and calm" in the hospital when having both my
kids, but if your wife feels "more relaxed & calm" at home then good on her.
Its her decision.
Perhaps if you'd asked those who'd given birth in hospital AND at home about
their personal experiences, it might actually be an interesting discussion
and provide you with some useful information.

Old July 8th 07, 05:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Marie

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 02:20:50 GMT, "Flowergirl"
wrote:
"luka" wrote in message
roups.com...
Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Given that this is a question that only your wife can answer, I wonder why
you post it here.
Personally I was "more relaxed and calm" in the hospital when having both my
kids, but if your wife feels "more relaxed & calm" at home then good on her.
Its her decision.
Perhaps if you'd asked those who'd given birth in hospital AND at home about
their personal experiences, it might actually be an interesting discussion
and provide you with some useful information.

I have had 2 in the hospital and 1 at home, and my homebirth was the
greatest, most peaceful birth of the three. In my home I wasn't
required to do what was best for the OB or nurses, and I could do what
I needed to feel comfortable, and eat and drink what and when I
wanted. I could say whatever, dress however, and push in whatever
position I wanted.
I attended the birth of my cousin just last month, and I found not
much has changed since my last hospital birth. The mom was not
"allowed" to eat, to change position(baby monitor had to be on at all
times, they would not come in and check the baby every hour or so),
blood pressure cuff had to be on at all times (the mom even ripped it
off herself because it was irritating her, and the nurse was very
insistent about her wearing it) I was very disappointed that giving
birth is still so controlled. The mom was not a pushover, either. She
was very clear on what she wanted. And the poor girl had to go over 20
hours with no food simply because she was in labor. She was so hungry
and weak by the time she started pushing she was crying from being so
hungry. On that point she was a pushover, because I tried to offer her
some crackers but she wouldn't eat them because the nurse told her she
couldn't.
Marie
Old July 10th 07, 07:07 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Flowergirl

wrote:

I have had 2 in the hospital and 1 at home, and my homebirth was the
greatest, most peaceful birth of the three. In my home I wasn't
required to do what was best for the OB or nurses, and I could do what
I needed to feel comfortable, and eat and drink what and when I
wanted. I could say whatever, dress however, and push in whatever
position I wanted.

This is pretty much how I had my second hospital birth - I ate what I
wanted, drank what I wanted, laboured how I wanted and had a great midwife
with me the whole time. I remember being very relaxed about everything and
even bird watching from the window at one stage (local hospital backs on to
bushland). But then I understand that the "hospital system" in Australia
may be very different to what others experience.

[...]

How sad for your friend.
Amanda

Old August 4th 07, 05:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jul 5, 12:08 am, luka wrote:
On Jul 4, 6:33 pm, NL wrote:

luka schrieb:

Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

And you're asking this "as an owner of commercial baby site," who "has
great experience"?

cu
nicole

hi nicole.

Yes, it's always good to hear what other mothers thinks, it may sounds
wierd although that's how I gained my experience from listening rather
than judging others

if you have some advice I'll be happy to hear it

All the best
Uri

Ignore her. she is a failure as a parent and a human.

I wanted my wife to give birth in a hospital so if anything goes
wrong, there was a team of people and equipment ready for her and our
son.

Some advice from one guy to another. Don't be there for the birth.
You're better off in the waiting room or outside the labor room.

Regards...

Old August 4th 07, 05:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jul 7, 6:20 pm, "Flowergirl" wrote:
"luka" wrote in message

oups.com... Should my wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Given that this is a question that only your wife can answer, I wonder why
you post it here.

Don't forget about the husband. He is the father of the child and his
input matters.

Personally I was "more relaxed and calm" in the hospital when having both my
kids, but if your wife feels "more relaxed & calm" at home then good on her.
Its her decision.

It's their decision.

Perhaps if you'd asked those who'd given birth in hospital AND at home about
their personal experiences, it might actually be an interesting discussion
and provide you with some useful information.

Good point.

Regards

Old August 6th 07, 12:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Flowergirl

oups.com...
"luka" wrote in message

oups.com... Should my

wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or
should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Given that this is a question that only your wife can answer, I wonder

why
you post it here.

Don't forget about the husband. He is the father of the child and his
input matters.

Personally I was "more relaxed and calm" in the hospital when having

both my
kids, but if your wife feels "more relaxed & calm" at home then good on

her.
Its her decision.

It's their decision.

I see your point, but given the original question was about where the
*mother* felt "more relaxed and calm", it is really *her* decision.

Old August 11th 07, 04:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Aug 5, 3:02 pm, "Flowergirl" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... On Jul 7, 6:20 pm, "Flowergirl" wrote:
"luka" wrote in message

roups.com... Should my

wife give birth at home where she is more relaxed & calm or

should it be conducted at our local Hospital?

Given that this is a question that only your wife can answer, I wonder

why
you post it here.

Don't forget about the husband. He is the father of the child and his
input matters.

Personally I was "more relaxed and calm" in the hospital when having

both my
kids, but if your wife feels "more relaxed & calm" at home then good on

her.
Its her decision.

It's their decision.

I see your point, but given the original question was about where the
*mother* felt "more relaxed and calm", it is really *her* decision.

Not if he doesn't feel relaxed and calm about the health and safety of
his wife and child. I'm sure my wife would object to me staying home
rather than working because I feel relaxed and calm at home.

Regards