Chattooga Foster Arrested for Molesting Girl

Old May 12th 05, 01:03 PM
Uncle Chester

Default Chattooga Foster Arrested for Molesting Girl

Chattooga Pastor Arrested for Molesting Girl

http://www.newschannel9.com/engine.p...%25M+%25e,%25Y

Tanya Mendis
May 10,2005
A Chattooga County, Georgia man who was a pastor and foster parent is
in jail today on charges of molesting a thirteen year old foster child.
Pastor William Myles Phillips was arrested Sunday and charged with child
molestation, aggravated child molestation and sodomy.
This after turning himself in to police and confessing to the crimes.
His three foster children have been removed from him home. A
representative of Stepping Stone foster care agency says the girl is
confused and upset. Stepping Stone only deals with children who have
behavioral or emotional problems. Right now, the agency's main priority is
to ensure that the girl doesn't develop any more problems as a result of
this case.
Neighbors say he's only lived in his Summerville home on second avenue
for a few months.
But according to police, for the last five months he has been
molesting a thirteen year old girl.
Resident Carrie Patty told us she was shocked a pastor would do this
and said she would change pastors or churches if something like this
happened in her place of worship.
But others don't have much to say. The pastor was well-liked in the
community and served on several boards.
Judge Kristina Connolly issued a gag order, preventing all public
figures from speaking about the case so the jury pool won't be tainted.
Before the order reached Sheriff Ralph Kellett's desk, we talked to him on
camera.
He said, they're "gonna investigate it like [they] would any other
case of this nature and I'm sure it'll broaden and expand. Of course if
nothing turns up there won't be anything to it but I feel we need to go as
far as we need to."
Phillips told police he needed to get the crimes off his chest and
that's why he confessed on Sunday. Police said there had been no prior
investigation.
Since word hit the town, the community has been doing all they can to
protect some of the people closest to the pastor: the parishioners.
No bond has been set in this case.

Old May 12th 05, 08:46 PM
Greegor

Are Foster Contractors given some level of immunity from prosecution?

I seem to recall something about some level of immunity
based on Loco Parentis, but I haven't ever heard of any
bio parent being allowed to use the same protection.

Old May 13th 05, 12:05 AM
Pop

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are Foster Contractors given some level of immunity
from prosecution?

I seem to recall something about some level of
immunity
based on Loco Parentis, but I haven't ever heard of
any
bio parent being allowed to use the same protection.

?? You "seem" to recall nothing, it sounds made up and
doesn't follow your characteristic line of spew against
those you loathe for no good reason. And, I doubt very
much you've ever heard anyone, let alone a bio parent,
being allowed to use "the same ..."

Here's a question I bet you can't answer: What's the
difference between a foster contractor and a foster
parent? I'll bet you cannot list the differences.

Pop

Old May 13th 05, 08:54 AM
WitchWirsen

Oh goodie, I just get back from my vacation and already, the third message I
read, leaves Greg with a tough question.
Wanna bet you never get an answer?

"Pop" wrote in message

oups.com...