Lydia's Birthstory (long)

Old August 28th 03, 03:31 AM
Cathy Weeks

Default Lydia's Birthstory (long)

"Marta" wrote in message ...
wow...it's a good thing there was a hospital nearby...

a home birth is always risky...

so lucky nothing turned out wrong and you made it to the hospital before it
was too late :-(

All birth is risky. I had a homebirth, and it went wonderfully.

A homebith is no riskier in most cases than a hospital birth. In fact,
statistics show that hospital births for women with normal pregnancies
is actually RISKIER than homebirths.

I do agree that having a hospital nearby is good. The hospital served
it's purpose beautifully - being there when an emergency happened.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old August 28th 03, 03:38 AM
seyshell

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:52:29 +1200, "Taniwha grrrl"
wrote:

My body isn't a failure, it's an amazing
succuss )

as are you my friend. congrats again
Michelle
--
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.

- Henry David Thoreau

remove the sand to reply to me.
Old August 28th 03, 05:23 AM
Night Owl

but I realise now it didn't fail me it saved me. I
listened to it's signals, it's change in pain, it's response
and I acted on it. My body isn't a failure, it's an amazing
succuss )

You are amazing Andrea. I love your birth story and the mention of your
other births. I love the story. (((((Andrea)))))

Anni

--
Andrea
Mum to...

Old August 28th 03, 08:02 AM
jmorgan

Taniwha grrrl wrote:

My body isn't a failure, it's an amazing
succuss )

Such a great story - you were (or seemed to be) so calm and collected
through the whole experience, great job on a spectacular birth/baby!

Old August 28th 03, 11:03 AM
*Hunee*

Taniwha grrrl wrote in message

My body isn't a failure, it's an amazing
succuss )

--
Andrea
Mum to...
Rhys (15) Jayden (13) Tessa (12)
Tyler (10) Paige (9) Grace (7)
Zachary (5) Rose (3) Amelia (3)
Seth (21 mths) and Lydia (5 weeks!)

And you Andrea are one amazing woman!
I'm sorry things didn't go to plan, but I am very happy that both you and
Lydia are both safe and well.

(((((Andrea))))))

Love Trish
--
Mum of 5 wonderful human beings.
http://www.a3.com.au

Old August 28th 03, 05:47 PM
hierophant

Default Lydia's Birthstory (long) (homeopathy)

Night Owl wrote:

Wouldn't Arnica Montana be a choice as well?
Possibly that would have been better right after the birth but I would think
it would help with this as well even now.

Sure, better for swelling and bruising, IMHO/experience. Arnica is a
definite staple for the birth bag

Kris

Old August 29th 03, 01:15 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"Elfanie" wrote in

You didn't mention how big your daughter was.....

She was only 8lb 11oz, just a tiddler.
Head circ was 36cm's and her length hasn't been done.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old August 29th 03, 01:15 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"hierophant" wrote in message

Well she did say something was turning out wrong-- the

whole reason for
going to the hospital.

lol exactly, I think she kind of missed that vital point.

Have you tried homeopathic calendula
tablets to heal your skin and homeopathic staphysagria for

the surgical
wound healing? Those are two remedies my homeopath friend

recommends
for surgeries-- including her own cesarean.

No I haven't, I took Arnica 30c and Bellis Perenis 200c I
hadn't thought of the other two. Everything seems to of
healed ok though, so I guess they did the job )

Old August 29th 03, 01:15 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

I do have one question that I am aching to ask, why did

you end up walking
down the drive to show the ambulance the way? Couldn't

Peter or one of the
other children have done that.............sorry I'm

curious.
Marie

Peter was with me and Rhys was the only older child at home
and he stayed in the house babysitting the wee ones.

/thinking I'll hold off on Liam's birth story a little

longer so I can
pretend it was as interesting as yours!

lol, every birth story is interesting )

Old September 7th 03, 07:23 AM
Carlene

Default Lydia's Birthstory (for Carlene)

"Andrea" wrote in message
Carlene
Proud mommy to Sydney Blythe
February 15, 2001
http://communities.msn.ca/SydneyBlythe

Hi Carlene,

Is the Blythe part of the name a surname? I only ask as my maiden name is
Blythe, and I haven't met anyone else with the same surname. I am aware

that
Blythe can also be a forname or middle name. I am in the UK.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 12 weeks old weighing 16
pounds.

Hi.

It's Sydney's middle name.
--