growth spurts

Old June 5th 07, 03:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

Default growth spurts

Anyone provide me some links to normal ''growth spurts'' in babies?

Connor feeding hourly right now and has been for nearly a
week...............so tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

--
LG

--
Please sponsor my childminding toddlers for barnados big toddle 2007
http://www.justgiving.com/cliftonchildminder

Old June 5th 07, 04:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

Karen (LG) wrote:

Anyone provide me some links to normal ''growth spurts'' in babies?

Connor feeding hourly right now and has been for nearly a
week...............so tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like both of my babies... Don't worry,
it doesn't last... I don't have any links,
but anecdotally, the spurts are at 3 weeks,
6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months, with small
spurts in between.

-- Anita --

Old June 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
link.net...
Karen (LG) wrote:

Anyone provide me some links to normal ''growth spurts'' in babies?

Connor feeding hourly right now and has been for nearly a
week...............so tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like both of my babies... Don't worry,
it doesn't last... I don't have any links,
but anecdotally, the spurts are at 3 weeks,
6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months, with small
spurts in between.

I noticed the same thing with my girls in those first 6 months or so.
They'd be up all day, eating all day, not napping, and making me nuts. They
would do this for 3-4 days in a row. Just when I was about to tear out all
my hair, they'd fall asleep, sleep mostly through the night, go back to
sleep, wake up to eat and go back to sleep. For about 3-4 days. Enough to
allow me to recover my sanity and get ready for the next growth spurt!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 5th 07, 09:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

Cheers Anita, I'll hang in there............... zzzzzzzzzzz.......... sorry
nodded off there for a second.

LOL

Old June 5th 07, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

Karen (LG) wrote:
Anyone provide me some links to normal ''growth spurts'' in babies?

Connor feeding hourly right now and has been for nearly a
week...............so tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here's a link to that kellymom site. I've seen people link to them before so
I think they're not too bad...

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html

Says 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9
months (more or less).

Engram

Old June 6th 07, 01:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Given it's been a week, which sounds on the long side for a growth spurt, is
there anywhere you could go and have the latch checked and someone watch a
feed, it's possible he's not latching on great and not taking in as much as
he needs each feed, so then needs another feed sooner.

Cheers

Anne

Old June 7th 07, 05:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

he's latching on fine but falls asleep after 10 mins. I have to change him
in the middle of feeding to wake him up !!

Seems to have calmed down now. He's feeding 3 hourly today and sleeping in
between.

Any tips on getting baby to sleep in his cot and not on my belly or in his
car seat.............only 2 places he#ll sleep right now !!

. ..

Old June 10th 07, 07:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected][_2_]

Any tips on getting baby to sleep in his cot and not on my belly or in his
car seat.............only 2 places he#ll sleep right now !!

i am also interested in any tips as i have the same diffculties. i
read a bit on not overdressing the baby during feed as too warm will
put him to sleep. i also read applying cold packs to babys feet but i
did not want to consider trying this as it seems very unconfortable
for baby