Sorta stood up to MIL

Old October 24th 03, 01:11 PM
Julie Seely

Default Sorta stood up to MIL

Megan --

Pardon me for being confused by your signature line. They look like
one-year-olds to me.

Julie

Megan Byrne wrote:

Anita,
Your trying to make a jole of things does not help the fact that you
have no idea what you are talking about. Why start if you know it wall
cause a "flame war"? If you just responded to stir up something, then
just stop! My kids are 2, not 1. That is the whole point.

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old October 24th 03, 02:25 PM
KimandJuan

I am with Julie on almost everything she said here. Very well put. I think
Megan's case is an exception though. There happens to be a lot of other issues
tied into it.
Since we have an older daughter we have a ton of toys for the babies that are
hand me downs for the babies. Specifically, ONE fire truck ride on toy. They
have so much fun on it, they LOVE it! One will push while the other rides.
With this in mind, if I were invited to a party for twins of the same age I
might think to buy them one of the same. It would be an honest sincere gesture
and would have never occurred to me that they would need two. I think if this
were the situation Megan would have been most appreciative.
The fact is that these IL's have a history of not individualizing the Aidan and
Alexis. this was just another example of how they have done it again. So, I
think that in this specific post Megan was more looking for sympathy for
uncompassioniate, insensitive in-laws versus lectures on how to make sure that
her kids don't grow up to be ungrateful.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old October 24th 03, 03:28 PM
KimandJuan

My kids are 2, not 1. That is the whole point.

I think she meant they are two individuals not two years old.

Old October 24th 03, 05:32 PM
Megan Byrne

Nope, not lucky enough to be having twins!!

Old October 24th 03, 05:35 PM
Megan Byrne

Anita,
My IL's are the number one argument in my house. I am not proud to say
that, but I feel that they are such a strain on my marriage. It is
horrible. My DH hates when I say anything negative about them, but there
is just so much to say.

He, finally, did go down and talk to his mother and father, b/c one of
his sisters was heard saying that my son had "learning disabilities",
due to the fact he is in PT. You can only imagine how upset I was over
that.

Old October 24th 03, 05:35 PM
Megan Byrne

My kids are TWO people, not ONE.

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

OT sorta: Sport bra Tracey Breastfeeding 5 March 10th 04 06:33 PM
OT sorta: Sprained ankle Sue General 12 January 16th 04 05:39 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM