and where are you from?..

Old March 15th 04, 08:36 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default and where are you from?..

Fer wrote:

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:
|| Laura and Bella wrote:
||| I am from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|| Conference town! DH has conferences there all the time. He's got
|| another one in April which I'm totally looking forward to. (we
|| always go together - he goes to the conference while I wander around
|| and do the tourist thing, and in the evenings we wander around
|| together)
|| We're going to be there at the end of April, so I'm kind of hoping
|| that I can see the tulips for the tulip festival even though I think
|| we'll miss the official beginning of it. Where would be the best
|| place to go, do you think?

While I am not in Ottawa I am from there. I do miss the tulips although I
already have some in my garden here

To answer your question...the best place to go to see the tulips, well that
would be Dow's Lake of course! Same area they hold the festival as well as
all along the canal. By the end of April the tulips should be in bloom and
they are so beautiful.

Thanks. I have no idea where Dow's Lake is, though. I have never been
able to enjoy the tulip festival before, so I had no idea where they put
all the tulips (and I had no idea where the actual events were held -
only that they were held in Ottawa, *somewhere* ;-) ). As usual, we'll
be staying downtown, so I hope that that part of the canal will have lots.

Old March 15th 04, 08:42 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Kara H wrote:

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote

My DH used to live there. He was in some place with a Greek name.
Athens, I think.

Hehehe that would make sense. Athens, Ohio is home to Ohio University as
well. I like the way you remembered the name! You are clever...

-Kara.

Yes - he was a visiting professor at Ohio University. That's it!

This was, sadly, in the days before I came into his life. :-( He seems
happy with being a hermit these days, but hopefully I'll be able to get
him out and touring around again. It's been like pulling teeth just to
get him to agree to a road trip that he hasn't yet fully agreed to...
(I keep adding friends and family who he hasn't seen in YEARS to the
list, hoping to convince him, but nooooooo. But maybe suggesting that
we show off the baby will do it, so maybe I'll get lucky next year.)

Old March 15th 04, 08:44 PM
Kereru

"Maggie" wrote in message
Kereru spake thusly

"Maggie" wrote in message
Leanne spake thusly
The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

Wellington, New Zealand
--
Maggie
EDD 28 April #1

What an excellent place to live :-) Especially on a day like today!

hehe.. yup, indeedy!!

Did you see the aerobatics over the harbour this afternoon?
--
Maggie
EDD 28 April #1

No, I'm in Tawa so we can't see quite that far :-)

Old March 15th 04, 08:50 PM
Katie

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:59:12 +0930, "Leanne"
wrote:

The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

Vancouver,British Columbia (BC), Canada

Katie
DS - 4 months old!

Old March 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Serenity

Thanks Jamie, I can look that up in my atlas.
Serenity

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
hlink.net...
North Carolina, USA

--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest,

Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

"Serenity" serenity@nospamserenitynyespam off.fslife.co.uk wrote in
message ...
Where's NC?

wrote:

The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

I'm from Alice Springs, Australia.

Next??

Mmmmm...Alice Spring's Chicken from Outback (might have to go there
tonight)

I'm from Greensboro, NC

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04

Old March 15th 04, 09:43 PM
Daye

Default Request for US members

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:28:39 +1100, Cheryl
wrote:

If FNQ was its own state then the rest of Qld could have daylight
saving.....

But why would you want it?

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old March 15th 04, 10:05 PM
A&G&K

"Cheryl" wrote in message

bait
If FNQ was its own state then the rest of Qld could have daylight
saving.....

/bait

phthwerrrt!
Why can't you southern buggers just use your brains and start your days an
hour earlier instead of *changing the time*??? ;P

DH is from the Sunshine Coast and his uncle lives in Cairns. We will
end up living in either Cairns or Darwin by the end of this decade so
I think I'm going to have to learn to drink beer

Hah - I actually liked to drink the odd thimblefull by the time I left NQ
(Atherton) .... but only really really cold homebrew. But you are right,
about 99.99% of the rest of the population up there drink gallons (kegs) of
the stuff.
The most amusing thing about the north are the TV adds ... every second one
has a pair of boobs as the main feature .... and yet none of the boobs are
being used to breastfeed anyone
My tip for living in Cairns - don't! Live in Kuranda and just take the
20-odd minute drive up and down the 'hill' everyday ... its much prettier
and much cooler than Cairns.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 15th 04, 10:09 PM
A&G&K

wrote:

If FNQ was its own state then the rest of Qld could have daylight
saving.....

But why would you want it?

I hear ya! We did try daylight saving a few years back and we *hated* it.
Don't need it, don't want it.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 15th 04, 10:36 PM
Angela Schepers

Originally from Brookfield, between Chillicothe and Macon on Highway 36.

I went to college at NMSU (now Truman State) in Kirksville. Are you from
around there anywhere?

Old March 15th 04, 11:37 PM
Daye

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:09:02 +1000, "A&G&K"
wrote:

I hear ya! We did try daylight saving a few years back and we *hated* it.
Don't need it, don't want it.

I have lived with daylight savings my entire life. I HATE the way it
screws with my system twice a year. It takes me weeks to get used to
the new time. I wish governments would just go back to standard time.