NY: NOW Revives "Domestic Violence" Canard in New Family Court Power Grab

Old November 16th 04, 04:50 AM
Dusty

Default NY: NOW Revives "Domestic Violence" Canard in New Family Court Power Grab

2004 NOW-NYS Convention:
Family Court: Exposing a National Crisis
GIDEON PUTMAN HOTEL - SARATOGA SPRINGS, NEW YORK
DECEMBER 3-5, 2004
The theme of this year's conference is Family Court: Exposing a
National Crisis. This conference draws together nationally acclaimed experts
on the legal, psychological, and social implications facing women trapped
within a family court system rife with corruption, and admitted gender bias.
This conference will closely examine a family court system, which routinely
deprives mothers and their children of their human and civil rights. These
violations frequently result in mothers losing custody of their children to
batterers, even in instances where there are outstanding allegations of
child abuse. In addition, women suffer a wide range of economic human rights
violations by a court system that allows batterers to destroy them
financially through years of costly litigation, supervised visits, and
related practices. Our Keynote Speaker is Richard Ducote, an internationally
acclaimed attorney who has represented women in over 40 states. We are
honored to have presenting at our convention Dr. Mo Hannah of the Battered
Mothers Custody Conference, Renee Beeker, (Chair, Michigan NOW Child Custody
Family Law Task Force), and many other invited guests. We have put together
an exciting and informative program, and hope you will join us for this
important event. For additional information, please contact us at
716.285.5598, or visit us on the web at www.nownys.org

NATIONALLY RENOWNED ATTORNEY RICHARD DUCOTE TO HEADLINE NOW-NYS
CONVENTION ON FAMILY COURT
...Mr. Ducote has achieved a rare record of child advocacy
successes in his twenty-six years of practicing law. Always conscious of the
importance of the relationship between social services and the legal
profession, just six months after his admission to the Louisiana Bar he
conceived, co-authored, and then directed a grant proposal submitted to the
National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect to improve the court handling of
child protection and foster care cases in the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana,
Juvenile Court where he had served as a probation officer. Read the full
article...

The Status of Women in the Family Law Arena
Women in this country are denied their human and civil liberties
because of the clear abuse of power by those who work in the judicial
system. While not all members of this system fail in their position, there
is a huge systemic sickness that has spread across this country resulting in
the failure to protect the rights of women, and therefore the needs of
children.

Good, fit mothers are losing custody of children in 70 percent
of contested cases- along with their homes, professional licenses, and life
savings. Read the full article...

http://www.nownys.org/nownys_reporter_fall2004.html

Just where the hell do these morons come up with women loosing in 70% of
divorce cases??? Are they drunk? Are they stoned?? Or is it just that
they're brain-dead???

Of course, these are the same people that think the exit polls where right,
too.
Just don't confuse 'em with the facts. They'd all have coronaries if we did
that!

Dusty
"The most terrifying words in the English language a
I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
--- Ronald Reagan

Attached Images

Old November 16th 04, 05:04 AM
Phil #3

About what one would expect from a group of people, who if you put two
together, still don't add up to a half-wit.
Phil #3

Old November 16th 04, 05:32 AM
Janie

[All cross-posted groups left intact.]

Such attitudes don't help much in closing the gap between the work
being done by advocates, and Moms and Dads, so that equal justice
(something that I believe most people really want) might some day be
achieved.

Janie

--
The reason why rivers and seas receive the homage of a hundred mountain
streams is that they keep below them. -- Lao Tse

Old November 16th 04, 03:18 PM
Phil #3

"Moms and dads" is NOT "feminists and men".
At a time when fathers are routinely denied their rightful place as a member
of his children's family as well as being named as "father" to a child to
whom he is completely unrelated and unknown, we have feminists complaining
about what appears to be the fact that there are still a few fathers who are
treated as fathers despite feminist implication that men are to blame for
all evils.
Until feminists admit that women are also culpable for ills in society,
there will be no advancement toward a meeting of the minds.
Also, keep in mind that my umbrage is not toward women but feminists, which
is most certainly NOT the same.
Phil #3

oups.com...

716.285.5598, or visit us on the web at www.nownys.org

NATIONALLY RENOWNED ATTORNEY RICHARD DUCOTE TO HEADLINE NOW-NYS
CONVENTION ON FAMILY COURT
...Mr. Ducote has achieved a rare record of child advocacy
successes in his twenty-six years of practicing law. Always conscious of
the
importance of the relationship between social services and the legal
profession, just six months after his admission to the Louisiana Bar he
conceived, co-authored, and then directed a grant proposal submitted to
the
National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect to improve the court handling
of
child protection and foster care cases in the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana,
Juvenile Court where he had served as a probation officer. Read the full
article...

Ducote represented Bridgett Marks, the New York mother found guilty of
alienating her kids from their father and subsequently losing custody.
Ducote's name seems to pop up, or he is quoted directly, as an
"expert" in lots of the feminist propaganda I've found on the web.

| Most families *at risk* w CPS' assessment tools broad, vague Kane General 13 February 20th 04 07:02 PM
Sample US Supreme Court Petition Wizardlaw Child Support 28 January 21st 04 07:23 PM
Sample Supreme Court Petition Wizardlaw Child Support 0 January 16th 04 04:47 AM
A Plant's Motivation? Kane Spanking 44 October 16th 03 01:51 PM
What's the truth? Who causes more child deaths? The Dave© Child Support 14 September 9th 03 03:53 AM