Another pre-teen question

Old August 15th 03, 02:19 AM
Coloradoskibum

Default Another pre-teen question

Scenario: Son will be 13 in December. Gets large allowance for doing
housework every week, and just got a large check from grandma. Has decided
to save up for a Playstation 2 in his room. He already has a TV with a
satellite receiver, which he paid for (also pays monthly subscription fee).
I've always come from the perspective that he can spend *his* money on
whatever he wants, within reasonable limits...but something in my gut tells
me it's not ok for him to have a video came console in his room. Anyone
care to pose an argument either way?

ColoradoSkiBum

Old August 15th 03, 04:34 AM
R. Steve Walz

Coloradoskibum wrote:

Scenario: Son will be 13 in December. Gets large allowance for doing
housework every week, and just got a large check from grandma. Has decided
to save up for a Playstation 2 in his room. He already has a TV with a
satellite receiver, which he paid for (also pays monthly subscription fee).
I've always come from the perspective that he can spend *his* money on
whatever he wants, within reasonable limits...but something in my gut tells
me it's not ok for him to have a video came console in his room. Anyone
care to pose an argument either way?

ColoradoSkiBum

-----------------
Leave him the **** alone, you stupid dumb-ass.
Steve
Old August 15th 03, 04:05 PM
M.E. Mitchell

I would be more concerned that he has satellite TV...what is he watching
late at night that is appropiate for a 13 yr. old?? Do you have a V chip?

I see nothing wrong with Playstation...you just have to watch the games he
buys. They are supposed to be rated for certain ages but the people at
Walmart, K-Mart, etc. will sell them to your son.

Mary E.

Old August 15th 03, 04:30 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
"M.E. Mitchell" wrote:

I would be more concerned that he has satellite TV...what is he watching
late at night that is appropiate for a 13 yr. old?? Do you have a V chip?

I see nothing wrong with Playstation...you just have to watch the games he
buys. They are supposed to be rated for certain ages but the people at
Walmart, K-Mart, etc. will sell them to your son.

Mary E.

At least around here, if you want to watch TV you need either a
satellite or cable; for multiple reasons, satellite turns out to be a
better deal. However, it was easy to "block out" the Pay Per View and
so-called "adult" stations; I think we could block out individual
stations as well, but I have no desire to do that -- basically, there is
nothing my kids can see on satellite that is over the top.

Now, I don't want TV's in the bedrooms: I think they are an isolating
factor. My son has a computer, but mostly he uses it for homework --
the one with enough capacity to play great games is in the public area
of the house.

However, if my kids DID have TV's in their bedrooms, I wouldn't object
to them being hooked up to the satellite dish.

meh

Old August 16th 03, 12:26 AM
Sue Larson

Seems to me if you have gone as far as letting him have a TV with satellite
in his room, how can you object to Playstation? I'm afraid you don't have a
fair argument here.

Susan

"Coloradoskibum" wrote in message
Scenario: Son will be 13 in December. Gets large allowance for doing
housework every week, and just got a large check from grandma. Has

decided
to save up for a Playstation 2 in his room. He already has a TV with a
satellite receiver, which he paid for (also pays monthly subscription

fee).
I've always come from the perspective that he can spend *his* money on
whatever he wants, within reasonable limits...but something in my gut

tells
me it's not ok for him to have a video came console in his room. Anyone
care to pose an argument either way?

ColoradoSkiBum

Doan lies yet again..was.. Kane0 lies again Doan's phony offer to "debate" Kane Spanking 6 May 14th 04 02:10 AM
Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Rehab program for teens needs own helping hand Wex Wimpy Foster Parents 0 September 2nd 03 05:02 PM