Greg Hanson says 4 foster kids gets the Foster Parents $240,000 a year!!!

Old November 10th 06, 10:47 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Greg Hanson says 4 foster kids gets the Foster Parents $240,000 a year!!!

Lisa:
Have you heard that getting kids on Ritalen marks them as "special
needs"
and gets the Fosters much more money? That is why so
many Foster kids have been put in "chemical straight jackets".
Ask Dono, Dano and Rono!

By the way, have you met BETTY? g

0:- wrote:
giovinazzo wrote:
Here a foster parent gets approximatly 1000 a month per child so the
foster parent that has mine gets 4000 a month

Well, that's Canadian so I presume it's a bit less in conversion to US
Dollars.

Here $400 to $500 is the common range. A child with special needs that
requires more than typical parental care can bring more, but it tends
to leave very quickly with payment for respite...something very much
needed with special needs children....and it is NOT paid by the state
in those I'm famliar with, but must come out of the foster stipend.

I have seen it range as high as $2,000 per child, even more in fact.
Those fall usually into one of two categories, the extremely
compromized child that cannot be left alone and must have considerable
medical support....and so there must be help hired...and that help
comes expensive because they too much be vetted by the state, and they
must train for the particular specialty of the target population of
children....say developmentally disabled without unassisted mobility,
dietary needs, person (toileting care), and training resucitation etc.

The other kind?

Well, when I was actively helping kin adopt and foster children during
a visit on a kinship case I was accosted in the hallway (they knew my
background in mental health and juvenile justice with teens) and
offered first $1200 to foster a child for just one month. When I turned
them down (don't and never did foster -- just not my thing) they upped
the offer to 2,000, then 4,000. I thought they were nuts.

I asked to see the records on the child that they could show me. I
already had a BG check on file with them, and had signed a pile of
confidentiality agreements since I did work with relatives trying to
foster and adopt.

His file? Oh...a sixteen year old violent sex offender, emphasis on
violent, about 6'2" and 270 lbs. He had five violent attacks on his
record, three of them rapes. Oh, and he was an arsonist as well.

I declined. I asked why they could not house him in juvenile detention.
Because, they told me, "he had served his time and there were no
current charges against him."

I never did hear how they solved their dilemma, but at least he didn't
show up in my neighborhood. You can be sure I watched.

So when someone gets big money for fostering you can pretty well bet
they aren't getting enough for the responsibilities and work involved.
And I've never heard of anyone getting $5,000US a month, Lisa. Possibly
an institution. Children in state custody that do end up in hospital
are still on the "foster child" roles for adminstrative and management
purposes, even though there is no "foster parent."

The fees for locked wards tend to run very high indeed, as they are
often in hospital. High overhead. A great many severely abused
children, that few here want you to know about, become very insane and
dangerous to self and others.

And sometimes those children were first placed with ordinary foster
parents. Much to their sorrow. And injury occasionally.

Lisa

Best, stay focused.

Kane

Dan Sullivan wrote:
Greg Hanson wrote to Shari,

"Let me guess, you get MONEY from them, to be a foster parent, right?
What do you get, $5,000.00 per month per child?
If you like kids that's a cool 60K per year TAX FREE for each kid!
Don't worry that the kid was removed for trivial BS after some
sicko with malice called in anonymously.
Don't worry that 85+% of all removals are for no DANGER whatsoever.
Don't worry about all of the constitutional violations (over
"clutter"?).

Hey, take in 4 and you can have 240K per year TAX FREE!
Good deal.
For You."

Old November 10th 06, 01:24 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
giovinazzo

They tried that with my now 11 yr old., He got really moody and was a
danger to others and himself so they took him off the ritalin. WOrked
the wrong way.

Lisa

Old November 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lisa:
Have you heard that getting kids on Ritalen marks them as "special
needs"
and gets the Fosters much more money? That is why so
many Foster kids have been put in "chemical straight jackets".
Ask Dono, Dano and Rono!

By the way, have you met BETTY? g

I hope you aren't going to move from 'have you met Betty' to imply, or
stating, that this thread has a damn thing to do with me.
I don't have any kids in foster care, no one gets paid by the state to take
care of mine.
I have one child who lives with me...alternative care...not foster care, and
the state sends me a whopping $138 mo to take care of him.
LOL That doesn't even cover the food he eats.
Oh yeah...and he's not on Ritalin.

Jump in a lake momma's paramour.

Old November 10th 06, 07:43 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Lisa:
Have you heard that getting kids on Ritalen marks them as "special
needs"
and gets the Fosters much more money? That is why so
many Foster kids have been put in "chemical straight jackets".
Ask Dono, Dano and Rono!

By the way, have you met BETTY? g

You are perpetuating a myth, Greg. The prescribing of psychotropics does
no such thing. In fact it could remove special rates because the child
is now manageable, less destructive, and requires less close supervision.

You propagandist liars are all the same. Illogical and fact disabled.

Special rates are paid for MORE supervision and risk, not for an easier
to maintain child.

0:-

Old November 10th 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

giovinazzo wrote:
They tried that with my now 11 yr old., He got really moody and was a
danger to others and himself so they took him off the ritalin. WOrked
the wrong way.

Yep. That does happen. That's why these children are supposed to be
monitored. Apparently he was.

Properly Rx'd psychotropics can be a life saver for a child. As well as
make his or her life not just bearable, but joyful and productive.

Kids with some behavioral Dx are miserable and hate how they are.

Some nothing would work for.

And some are misDx'd.

The lie is that Foster's routinely get more money for a kid on Ritalin.
In fact it's likely to work against keeping special rates monies as the
child is now LESS difficult to parent and maintain.

The foster's don't just hop in and say, "I've got a difficult kid here,"
and get handed a big whopping check. It has to be proven. Both by the
testimony of the FP, but usually a nurse or other authority that
observes and evaluates. They set the rate, actually. On a scale as to
how much special care the child actually NEEDS from the FP.

Easier child, lower rate. Child within the "norm" as to parenting
practices ...NO special rate.

Kane

Lisa

Old November 13th 06, 08:21 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Greg wrote
Ask Dono, Dano and Rono!
By the way, have you met BETTY? g

It was just a joke about the roll call, Betty!

Old November 13th 06, 03:15 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greg wrote
Ask Dono, Dano and Rono!
By the way, have you met BETTY? g

It was just a joke about the roll call, Betty!

You do have a strange sense of humor.

Old November 13th 06, 05:07 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

0:- wrote:
giovinazzo wrote:
[...]

Greg? Oh GREEEGOOOOOR!

In the post following this one you seemed more focused on the names
questions, "It's a joke," than on the subject above.

Why do you bring up a subject, then when you get slammed fail to
respond, not admit you are wrong, or not provide counter arguments?

Speak to the issue YOU bring up, Greg, until they are exhausted, or you
admit you are wrong.

In the meantime, we'll presume that everytime you dodge like this, you
have admitted you are wrong, a liar, a fool, and a dupe for
propagandists?

Fair?

0:-]

Lisa