nutrition question on year old

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 26th 03, 08:24 PM
blacksalt

Default nutrition question on year old

I'm new at this, so I'm reading some books. The consensus seems that
after a year of age you change from formula to milk. When reading about
iron, the books say "use iron fortified cereal". The baby cereal and the
formula are both iron fortified. However, I'd rather start moving into
whole grains rather than the precooked, prechewed Gerber baby rice or
mixed grain cereal. Tastes like cardboard! If I do that I'm switching
away from both iron fortified formula and cereal.
What whole grain iron fortified cereals are out there? I don't care if
it is too 'big grained', as I can grind it finer. Food after food says
"0% iron" on the RDA. Baby is being raised veggie, so I can't just feed
beef and assume he's getting enough.
Another question. FOB (father of baby) is hot to get him away from cow's
milk, but is willing to allow goat's milk. I know my ex hub was raised a
veggie on goat's milk (in India) and grew up healthy, and the carton
doesn't have a warning about human kids. Anyone know of a problem with
goat's milk specifically related to babies?
TIA
blacksalt

A teenager question blacksalt General 94 August 16th 03 04:25 PM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM
Doll for 2 year old almost big sister GoofeeGyrl General 6 July 22nd 03 11:15 PM
suggest birthday present ideas for five year old girl jeff General 8 July 22nd 03 07:08 PM
question for medical professionals about feet Hillary Israeli General 20 July 20th 03 05:23 PM