Gripe water :)

Old January 15th 04, 02:39 AM
zolw

Default Gripe water :)

It sees many of the people here in the US have no idea what gripe water
is, but it is a miracle as we know it in our home. )

It is usually used for colics.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for gripe water, you can find it in
the US at http://store.babycenter.com/?_loopback=1
I am sure there are other places, but I was so excited I saw it that I
had to share it.

I have already asked my cousin to get me a box of it from the UK It
should be fairly cheap at mothercare.

Mona

Old January 15th 04, 12:11 PM
Sophie

"zolw" wrote in message
It sees many of the people here in the US have no idea what gripe water
is, but it is a miracle as we know it in our home. )

It is usually used for colics.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for gripe water, you can find it in
the US at http://store.babycenter.com/?_loopback=1
I am sure there are other places, but I was so excited I saw it that I
had to share it.

I have already asked my cousin to get me a box of it from the UK It
should be fairly cheap at mothercare.

Mona

No idea if this is Spam or not but I swear by gripe water. It's better than
any gas drops. It's magic.
I'm in the US and we got ours from a store that sells English products
(food, drinks, etc...).

Old January 15th 04, 01:03 PM
Linz

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:39:21 GMT, zolw wrote:

It sees many of the people here in the US have no idea what gripe water
is, but it is a miracle as we know it in our home. )

It is usually used for colics.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for gripe water, you can find it in
the US at http://store.babycenter.com/?_loopback=1
I am sure there are other places, but I was so excited I saw it that I
had to share it.

I have already asked my cousin to get me a box of it from the UK It
should be fairly cheap at mothercare.

I don't know if Mothercare stocks it, but Boots does.
--
Linz
YB: 12 weeks, around 13lbs
Old January 15th 04, 04:44 PM
zolw

Just a quick question. Why would this be spam? I just want to make sure
that I follow this newsgroup's etiquette. Is sending the link to an item
(I mean as to be able to buy it) considered spam?

If this is the case, I am very sorry. I was just so excited about
finding gripe water here in the US that I had to share my great news.

So sorry once more.

Old January 15th 04, 07:09 PM
ted

In US, all Indian stores (as in Asian Indian not Native Indian) carry
them. Gripe water is nothing but a brew of fennel and a dozen other
seeds that are good for the tummy. My dd got one spoonful each every
day since she was one month old. They say it's not recommended for
babies younger than one month old.

Old January 16th 04, 07:49 AM
Jamie Clark

Mona,
Including links to things isn't necessarily what made us think it might be
Spam -- it was more the fact that you may not have posted here before, at
all or not much, and you are suddenly telling us about some great new thing
and telling us where to buy it...it just sounds fishy, even though I've
heard of Gripe water, and I know of BabyCenter. I hope that makes sense.
There have been a slew of Spam-like posts recently -- one of them even
sounded fairly legit, but the link was garbage. Anyone who shows up with
their first post like that is more prone to suspicion. That's all.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 16th 04, 09:29 AM
alissa

"zolw" wrote in message
It sees many of the people here in the US have no idea what gripe water
is, but it is a miracle as we know it in our home. )

It is usually used for colics.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for gripe water, you can find it in
the US at http://store.babycenter.com/?_loopback=1
I am sure there are other places, but I was so excited I saw it that I
had to share it.

I have already asked my cousin to get me a box of it from the UK It
should be fairly cheap at mothercare.

Mona

This is readily available in supermarkets and chemists in Australia, I agree
it's great stuff!
Alissa

Old January 16th 04, 04:30 PM

alissa wrote:

"zolw" wrote in message
It sees many of the people here in the US have no idea what gripe water
is, but it is a miracle as we know it in our home. )

It is usually used for colics.

Anyways, if any of you are looking for gripe water, you can find it in
the US at http://store.babycenter.com/?_loopback=1
I am sure there are other places, but I was so excited I saw it that I
had to share it.

I have already asked my cousin to get me a box of it from the UK It
should be fairly cheap at mothercare.

Mona

This is readily available in supermarkets and chemists in Australia, I agree
it's great stuff!

It's difficult to find on the shelf in the US. I bought some at Merz
Apothecary here in Chicago. They sell all sorts of 'imported' baby items -
it's a really neat store. They have an outpost of it at the Marshall
Field's State Street store.

I had been giving my son .5 mL. DH came in this morning complaining about
how hard it is to get him to swallow a full dosage. I thought he was crazy
until I realized that the box says 5 mL, not .5 mL. 5 mL seems like a lot.
He's about 19 lbs (I'd guess) and 5 months old. Is everyone else using
that dosage?

Manda

Old January 17th 04, 12:06 AM
zolw

Really? Well, my nephew & niece both had real bad colic & they started
taking it about a wek after birth. I wonder why it shouldn't be taken
before one month of age.

I sure hope when I get the bottle I ordered there'd be some label
stating the age you can start giving it to the baby.

Thanks for making me aware.

Mona

Old January 17th 04, 12:09 AM
zolw

Well, in another post my knowledge about gripe water has been somewhat
shaken I can tell you what I thought I knew (which may still apply)
.... My sister used to give her children about 1 teaspoon full of gripe
water. Few times a day.

Mona

wrote:

alissa wrote:

"zolw" wrote in message

[...]

Avoid Feeding Infants Fluoridated Water, Researchers Caution NYSCOF General 1 April 9th 04 11:01 PM
Spring water and formula Tig General 13 January 23rd 04 02:01 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
RECALL: Bottled Water with Sport Caps Truffles General 0 September 17th 03 11:36 PM
RECALL: Bottled Water with Sport Caps Truffles Pregnancy 0 September 17th 03 11:36 PM