Free Patterns for Baby Clothes

Old September 19th 03, 09:52 PM
Daye

Default Free Patterns for Baby Clothes

Hello all...

A very good and dear friend will be having her baby in October. She
is looking for free patterns for baby clothes on the internet.

She is having a little girl, and she wants some for the old fashioned,
traditional little girl clothes, like pinafores and dresses.

Does anyone know where she can find some?

TIA!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old September 20th 03, 10:19 PM
Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World

Did you/she try FreePatterns.com? I'm not sure if that will have what
she is looking for, but I know they do have various types of 'printable'
patterns. It might be worth checking out. Good Luck!

~Cassie
***TTC #1

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I'm Just a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World....

Old September 20th 03, 10:23 PM
Welches

Daye wrote in message
Hello all...

A very good and dear friend will be having her baby in October. She
is looking for free patterns for baby clothes on the internet.

She is having a little girl, and she wants some for the old fashioned,
traditional little girl clothes, like pinafores and dresses.

Does anyone know where she can find some?

TIA!

I don't know about free patterns, but I rarely use a full pattern. If she's
used to sewing, then she should be able to get one basic dress pattern (get
multisized then she can use it for longer) and alter it for different
dresses and pinafores. If she wants to do hats, then mob-caps are easy-just
a circle with elastic in. (Just make sure the circle is large enough, I'm
always surprised how large I need to make them)
I think my favourite dress pattern for a baby would be back fastening with
buttons, peterpan collar, long "puff" sleeves and gathered skirt from waist,
with pants pattern. That can be adapted for almost anything.
I use one basic pattern in each size and alter it accordingly. Now dd's
older she tells me what she wants and it's great fun designing a dress
together.
Debbie

How Children REALLY React To Control Chris General 444 July 20th 04 07:14 PM
Dairy Free Diet ?? Hip Mama General 7 February 21st 04 04:45 PM
Stop killing Innocent Puppies! (Petition) The Puppy Wizard General 0 October 10th 03 06:59 PM
Free Fall Online Creative Lesson Planning Newsletters AMONCO General 0 September 24th 03 02:11 AM