OTT

Old August 31st 06, 10:49 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

Default OTT

I knew this woman was protective. She has never left her son at a
birthday party on his own. She won't let him go on school field trips
unless she's along. She wouldn't let him go to camp without her being
there. When my son invited her son over, I was frankly surprised that
she allowed him to ride here on the bus.

Still, when DS wanted to go outside and play, I didn't expect SF
(son's friend) to say that he couldn't! He said he wasn't allowed to
go outside unless I came with them. Understand that these boys are
third graders, not pre-schoolers! When I asked him why, he said,
Because I might get eaten by a bear or a wild dog."

When she called to make sure he'd gotten there safely (you knew she
would, didn't you?), I asked about it, and she said, "Well, it's all
right as long as you can see them." Um, no. I can't see them when
they're outside.

Oh, well.

Bizby

Old August 31st 06, 11:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

"bizby40" wrote in message
[...]

Ugh.. in 3rd grade? I let the kids play outside alone at my MIL's.. low
trafic road with lots of field.. more chance of Bears and wild dogs but from
what I understand they usualy come out at night:P

Tori

Old August 31st 06, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:49:19 -0400, "bizby40"
wrote:

I knew this woman was protective. She has never left her son at a
birthday party on his own. She won't let him go on school field trips
unless she's along. She wouldn't let him go to camp without her being
there. When my son invited her son over, I was frankly surprised that
she allowed him to ride here on the bus.

Still, when DS wanted to go outside and play, I didn't expect SF
(son's friend) to say that he couldn't! He said he wasn't allowed to
go outside unless I came with them. Understand that these boys are
third graders, not pre-schoolers! When I asked him why, he said,
Because I might get eaten by a bear or a wild dog."

He actually said that?!? I feel sorry for him with such an over
protective mom!

Nan

Old September 1st 06, 02:29 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"bizby40" wrote in message
Still, when DS wanted to go outside and play, I didn't expect SF (son's
friend) to say that he couldn't! He said he wasn't allowed to go outside
unless I came with them. Understand that these boys are third graders,
not pre-schoolers! When I asked him why, he said, Because I might get
eaten by a bear or a wild dog."

Do you have bears and wild hogs there?

Old September 1st 06, 02:53 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"toypup" wrote in message
. net...

"bizby40" wrote in message
Still, when DS wanted to go outside and play, I didn't expect SF
(son's friend) to say that he couldn't! He said he wasn't allowed
to go outside unless I came with them. Understand that these boys
are third graders, not pre-schoolers! When I asked him why, he
said, Because I might get eaten by a bear or a wild dog."

Do you have bears and wild hogs there?

That's dog, not hog. Yes, there have been bears in the neighborhood.
I think the last sighting was almost two years ago. Generally if they
come, they come at night, or just at dawn to raid the trashcans.
There has never been an incident involving one.

No wild dogs, just the occasional escaped pet.

Bizby

Old September 1st 06, 03:09 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"bizby40" wrote in message

"toypup" wrote in message
. net...

"bizby40" wrote in message
Still, when DS wanted to go outside and play, I didn't expect SF (son's
friend) to say that he couldn't! He said he wasn't allowed to go
outside unless I came with them. Understand that these boys are third
graders, not pre-schoolers! When I asked him why, he said, Because I
might get eaten by a bear or a wild dog."

Do you have bears and wild hogs there?

That's dog, not hog.

LOL. The typo works. Wild hogs are certainly would be a site.

Old September 1st 06, 08:00 AM posted to misc.kids
D. Plum

bizby40 wrote:
[...]

These parents often get over it by the times their kids hit 8th grade
or so. Mothers go back to work or are just burned out on all the
cooking and cleaning.

D.P.

Old September 1st 06, 10:15 AM posted to misc.kids
L.

toypup wrote:

LOL. The typo works. Wild hogs are certainly would be a site.

Wild hogs can be nasty! I was chased by a wild sow that had piglets
one time while hiking. She chased me (and a friend) all the way to my
car and I about got bitten before I could get the door open. I guess
they can kill you if they get ahold of you because they are relentless
and have really strong jaws. I know it scared the **** out of me...The
worst part was we didn't see her at all until she came running out of
the brush with her piglets behind her. And she was *fast*.

-L.

Old September 1st 06, 11:56 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"D. Plum" wrote in message
ups.com...
These parents often get over it by the times their kids hit 8th
grade
or so. Mothers go back to work or are just burned out on all the
cooking and cleaning.

This woman actually works already. Luckily her mom does not, so is
able to watch the kids after school. But other than that you are
right, at some point she'll get over it. In the meantime, I just have
to shake my head in wonder....

Bizby

Old September 1st 06, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"D. Plum" wrote in message
ups.com...
bizby40 wrote:
[...]

Not all of them. My mom got worse as my brother got older, my mom got
worse. When he went to the library, she didn't trust that he was going
there, so she secretly followed him. It wasn't good enough when she saw
that he was actually at the library, she had to follow him in to see what he
was doing there. If he went to the beach with the high school club to clean
it up, she demanded that he call her every hour or something like that. He
didn't have a cell phone at the time. She would get incredibly upset with
him when he didn't do it exactly as she demanded. He called, but not every
hour, because it just wasn't easy to do. She listened in on all his phone
calls. It wasn't a very easy life for him to lead but he moved a few states
away as soon as he could and was somewhat independent for awhile.