Never Ending Child Support

Old August 10th 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty

Default Never Ending Child Support

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content...d-8b212230338b

Never Ending Child Support

Last Update: 8/08 4:03 pm

Her parents broke up when Krystal was a little girl. Joe Arroyo didn't
get to see her as often as he wanted but says he worked hard to provide for
his first born. "This one here where the city of New York is thanking me
for being on good status for paying my child support".

Every two weeks New York's Child Support Enforcement took $320 out of this
mail carrier's pay check. Deductions that were suppose to come to an end
when Krystal turned 21 last march. "I started about 30 days before her
birthday sending a letter saying it was coming up could we do whatever paper
work we needed to do."

Krytal's birthday came and went but the government continued to garnish
Joe's wages. "It was very frustrating I was expecting that extra money and
it still had not stopped."

Joe lost track of all the hours he spent on the phone trying to recover his
hard earned money. Child support enforcement would reimburse him only to
take more money out of his next check. "I could not get no where."

At one point the financial burden became almost too much to bear. While Joe
was taking on the city of New York his wife received notice that she would
soon be laid off. "I really thought I was going to lose it."

The Arroyos called on Jackie Callaway who contacted New York's Child Support
Enforcement office. She requested that the Arroyo case be reviewed. "Have
you gotten a check since we got involved? Yes I have and actually my pay
stub this week has no deductions."

New York would not discuss the case with ABC Action News but a supervisor
has contacted Joe and so far they've returned $320 of the $640 dollars owed
to them. "It really felt great, it really did feel great."

Interesting how CSE can't do the right thing until the 5th Estate gets
involved.. Then, like roaches, they scurry about and get it done when the
light of truth is shone upon them. But then again, they only did enough to
get them/him off their backs, because they still owe Arroyos his money!

Old August 10th 08, 05:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Dusty" wrote in message
[...]

Still, it's nice to see any news org. get involved on the side of the NCP.
Unusual.