Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 1st 04, 12:45 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:28:12 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:

Fat black bucks in a wine-barrel room,
Barrel-house kings, with feet unstable,
(A deep rolling bass.)
Sagged and reeled and pounded on the table,
Pounded on the table,
Beat an empty barrel with the handle of a broom,
Hard as they were able,
Boom, boom, BOOM,
With a silk umbrella and the handle of a broom,
Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, BOOM.
THEN I had religion, THEN I had a vision.
I could not turn from their revel in derision.
(More deliberate. Solemnly chanted.)
THEN I SAW THE CONGO, CREEPING THROUGH THE BLACK, CUTTING THROUGH
THE FOREST WITH A GOLDEN TRACK.

PLease indicate the relevance of Vachel Lindsay.

He wrote the above poem.

Duh. Since you didn't mention his name or give him credit, I supplied
that information. But why is it relevant? Poetry is seldom
considered as factual evidence of anything.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 1st 04, 01:23 PM
Fletch F. Fletch

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:

greccogirl wrote:
---------------
Cosby is a rich rightist asshole, he always has been, he has
played golf with Nixon and Reagan, and he's a black racist. The
"I don't give a damn" attitide is a form of disrespect that the
white society has earned with its racist and economic brutality
and unfairness!!! Steve

Well I've heard a lot of weird stuff but labeling Cosby as a
racist is quite amusing. Besides what you're not getting, is the
form of "disrespect" that you think hurts white America is really
just hurting black America. It isn't hurting those they think
they are hurting. That is what Cosby is trying to say

In case you haven't figured it out yet, R. Steve Walz pretty much
likes to tell you the way it is and call people names. Period.
Gets old quick.

Slainte,
Fletch
--------------
And scares the racist **** who can't handle it.
Steve

Case in point.

Slainte,
Fletch

------------
You SUUURE are!
Steve

You just can't help yourself.

You need to relax. Unless your goal is to get high blood pressure, you're
not getting anywhere. Your pathetic style of debate rarely convinces
anybody of anything. But please, keep stamping your feet.

Slainte,
Fletch

Old June 1st 04, 01:24 PM
Fletch F. Fletch

R. Steve Walz wrote:
wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2004 01:35:19 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

greccogirl wrote:

---------------
Cosby is a rich rightist asshole, he always has been, he has
played golf with Nixon and Reagan, and he's a black racist. The
"I don't give a damn" attitide is a form of disrespect that the
white society has earned with its racist and economic brutality
and unfairness!!! Steve

Well I've heard a lot of weird stuff but labeling Cosby as a
racist is quite amusing. Besides what you're not getting, is the
form of "disrespect" that you think hurts white America is really
just hurting black America. It isn't hurting those they think
they are hurting. That is what Cosby is trying to say
-----------------------
Cosby has always hung out with the GOP, he's a log-cabin repub
dildo. Or didn't you know that, he's a ****ing Oreo.
Steve

Do I detect a bit of jealousy in yours and the others' tone.

---------------
He's ****ing ignorant and evil, why would I or anyone be jealous!

The man made a lot of money,

----------------
Thieves don't impress me

contributed heavily to worthy charities

------------------
The RNC isn't a charity.

and educational programs and you and the others start with the
name calling.

-----------------------
Everything he pays for is self-serving on his part.

It would do
you well to take stock in what you're doing for your community
instead of expecting Bill Cosby to come to your sorry assed rescue.

-----------------
**** rescue, I only want that sad little liar to shut the **** up!
Steve

Why? You're allowed to talk. Why not him?

Slainte,
Fletch

Old June 1st 04, 01:50 PM
Holger Dansk

wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:

[...]

It helps set the mood of the way the black savages lived in the bush
with flies buzzing around and the smell of hyena and lion doo doo and
the stench of carrion in the breeze. You could probably smell the
savages a mile away.

THEN I SAW THE CONGO, CREEPING THROUGH THE BLACK, CUTTING THROUGH
THE FOREST WITH A GOLDEN TRACK.

Then along that riverbank
A thousand miles
Tattooed cannibals danced in files;
Then I heard the boom of the blood-lust song
A rapidly piling climax of speed and racket.
And a thigh-bone beating on a tin-pan gong.
And "BLOOD" screamed the whistles and the fifes of
the warriors,
"BLOOD" screamed the skull-faced, lean
witch-doctors,
"Whirl ye the deadly voo-doo rattle,
Harry the uplands,
Steal all the cattle,
Rattle-rattle, rattle-rattle,
Bing.
Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, BOOM,"
(With a philosophic pause.)
A roaring, epic, rag-time tune
From the mouth of the Congo
To the Mountains of the Moon.
Death is an Elephant,
(Shrilly and with a heavily accented metre.)
Torch-eyed and horrible,
Foam-flanked and terrible.
BOOM, steal the pygmies,
BOOM, kill the Arabs,
BOOM, kill the white men,
HOO, HOO, HOO.
(Like the wind in the chimney.)
Listen to the yell of Leopold's ghost
Burning in Hell for his hand-maimed host.
Hear how the demons chuckle and yell
Cutting his hands off, down in Hell.
Listen to the creepy proclamation,
Blown through the lairs of the forest-nation,
Blown past the white-ants' hill of clay,
Blown past the marsh where the butterflies play: --
"Be careful what you do,
(All the o sounds very golden. Heavy accents very
heavy.)
Light accents very light. Last line whispered.
Or Mumbo-Jumbo, God of the Congo,
And all of the other
Gods of the Congo,
Mumbo-Jumbo will hoo-doo you,
Mumbo-Jumbo will hoo-doo you,
Mumbo-Jumbo will hoo-doo you."

lojbab

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 1st 04, 03:08 PM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:24:48 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

and were and had been savages for
thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have even had bows
and arrows. They ate wildebeest, antelope, monkeys, guineas, hyenas,
wild dogs and each other, etc., etc., etc.

That is true for all of mankind.

Not at all. Haven't you ever heard of the Greek and Roman
civilizations, for instance?

Yes. And the Greeks and Romans had ancestors who were uncivilized
savages who lived by hunting and gathering, just like all other human
beings, and most of the evidence indicates that all of these people
ultimate had ancestors who lived in Africa. But we don't know what
color those ancestors were.

The Greek and Roman civilizations existed about 2,000 years ago. They
contributed a great deal to the modern world.

The Greeks had the greatest ancient civilization. All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

Old June 1st 04, 08:19 PM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:24:48 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
Your ancestors were definitely black

We have no idea what color anyone's ancestors were.

Yes we do. Black people in America have relatives who are descendants
in Africa of the relatives of the black people in America at the time
they were captured by black savages in Africa.

That sentence makes no sense. But how do you know what color their
ancestors were? And how do you know what color their ancestors'
ancestors were?

I was there. :-)

Through the travail of the ages,
Midst the pomp and toil of war,
Have I fought and strove and perished
Countless times upon this star.

In the form of many people
In all panoplies of time
Have I seen the luring vision
Of the Victory Maid, sublime.

I have battled for fresh mammoth,
I have warred for pastures new,
I have listed to the whispers
When the race trek instinct grew.

I have known the call to battle
In each changeless changing shape
From the high souled voice of conscience
To the beastly lust for rape.

I have sinned and I have suffered,
Played the hero and the knave;
Fought for belly, shame, or country,
And for each have found a grave.

I cannot name my battles
For the visions are not clear,
Yet, I see the twisted faces
And I feel the rending spear.

Perhaps I stabbed our Savior
In His sacred helpless side.
Yet, I've called His name in blessing
When after times I died.

In the dimness of the shadows
Where we hairy heathens warred,
I can taste in thought the lifeblood;
We used teeth before the sword.

While in later clearer vision
I can sense the coppery sweat,
Feel the pikes grow wet and slippery
When our Phalanx, Cyrus met.

Hear the rattle of the harness
Where the Persian darts bounced clear,
See their chariots wheel in panic
From the Hoplite's leveled spear.

See the goal grow monthly longer,
Reaching for the walls of Tyre.
Hear the crash of tons of granite,
Smell the quenchless eastern fire.

Still more clearly as a Roman,
Can I see the Legion close,
As our third rank moved in forward
And the short sword found our foes.

Once again I feel the anguish
Of that blistering treeless plain
When the Parthian showered death bolts,
And our discipline was in vain.

I remember all the suffering
Of those arrows in my neck.
Yet, I stabbed a grinning savage
As I died upon my back.

Once again I smell the heat sparks
When my Flemish plate gave way
And the lance ripped through my entrails
As on Crecy's field I lay.

In the windless, blinding stillness
Of the glittering tropic sea
I can see the bubbles rising
Where we set the captives free.

Midst the spume of half a tempest
I have heard the bulwarks go
When the crashing, point blank round shot
Sent destruction to our foe.

I have fought with gun and cutlass
On the red and slippery deck
With all Hell aflame within me
And a rope around my neck.

And still later as a General
Have I galloped with Murat
When we laughed at death and numbers
Trusting in the Emperor's Star.

Till at last our star faded,
And we shouted to our doom
Where the sunken road of Ohein
Closed us in it's quivering gloom.

So but now with Tanks a'clatter
Have I waddled on the foe
Belching death at twenty paces,
By the star shell's ghastly glow.

So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

And I see not in my blindness
What the objects were I wrought,
But as God rules o'er our bickerings
It was through His will I fought.

So forever in the future,
Shall I battle as of yore,
Dying to be born a fighter,
But to die again, once more.

:-)

Old June 1st 04, 09:08 PM
Bob LeChevalier

"Fletch F. Fletch" wrote:
I have no use for racists. They make me sick. But sometimes I get a
similar feeling from well-intentioned people who allow discussion of nothing
beyond PC-filtered tripe, sort of anti-racists.

Blacks score poorly on standardized tests compared with whites and asians.
And the gap persists, year after year. Why? I don't know. I just want
the friggin' problem solved. And the current solutions are not closing the
gap.

That is the sort of statement that does NOT attract flames from this
anti-racist. The racists think they know why, and therefore get
flamed.

lojbab
Old June 1st 04, 09:13 PM
Bob LeChevalier

wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:

Fat black bucks in a wine-barrel room,

PLease indicate the relevance of Vachel Lindsay.

He wrote the above poem.

Duh. Since you didn't mention his name or give him credit, I supplied
that information. But why is it relevant? Poetry is seldom
considered as factual evidence of anything.

It helps set the mood of the way the black savages lived in the bush
with flies buzzing around and the smell of hyena and lion doo doo and
the stench of carrion in the breeze. You could probably smell the
savages a mile away.

http://www.bartleby.com/65/li/LindsayV.html

Please indicate what in his biography leads you to believe that Vachel
Lindsay had any clue how people in Africa live(d). He wrote rhythmic
poetry based on then-dominant stereotypes, which had no more in common
with reality than your pontifications.

(And I *like* his poetry, BTW. I just recognize that it is poetry,
not fact.).

lojbab
Old June 1st 04, 09:24 PM
Bob LeChevalier

wrote:
and were and had been savages for
thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have even had bows
and arrows. They ate wildebeest, antelope, monkeys, guineas, hyenas,
wild dogs and each other, etc., etc., etc.

That is true for all of mankind.

Not at all. Haven't you ever heard of the Greek and Roman
civilizations, for instance?

Yes. And the Greeks and Romans had ancestors who were uncivilized
savages who lived by hunting and gathering, just like all other human
beings, and most of the evidence indicates that all of these people
ultimate had ancestors who lived in Africa. But we don't know what
color those ancestors were.

The Greek and Roman civilizations existed about 2,000 years ago. They
contributed a great deal to the modern world.

Duh.

But their ancestors came from Africa just like yours. And even long
after they lived in Africa, they were
"savages for thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have
even had bows and arrows."

The Greeks had the greatest ancient civilization.

According to who? The Chinese probably feel differently.

And what about all those European societies that *weren't* Greek in
the same timeframe? What were their contributions to the world?

All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

1) Prove that they were savages.

2) Why should they "contribute something to the world"? The world
contributed nothing to them.

3) What did the ancient Finns "contribute to the world"? What did the
ancient Celts "contribute to the world"? What did the ancient
Georgians "contribute to the world"? What about the ancient Germanic
barbarians? The Huns? The Vikings? The Cartaginians contributed the
military use of elephants and ruins in North Africa? Why do these
matter?

lojbab
Old June 1st 04, 09:26 PM
Bob LeChevalier

wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
Your ancestors were definitely black

We have no idea what color anyone's ancestors were.

Yes we do. Black people in America have relatives who are descendants
in Africa of the relatives of the black people in America at the time
they were captured by black savages in Africa.

That sentence makes no sense. But how do you know what color their
ancestors were? And how do you know what color their ancestors'
ancestors were?

I was there. :-)

Through the travail of the ages,
Midst the pomp and toil of war,
Have I fought and strove and perished
Countless times upon this star.

So you are a reincarnation of George Patton. And you are reduced to
argument-by-poetic-license.

What a loser.

lojbab