Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 8th 04, 07:58 PM
toto

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:47:02 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

Bush speaks excellent English.

Oh, my... You don't listen to his speeches do you?

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old June 8th 04, 08:44 PM
toto

wrote:

Bush speaks excellent English.

Here are a few of Bush's malapropisms.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 21, 2004

"This has been tough weeks in that country."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2004

(note the lack of agreement between subject and verb here)

"Obviously, I pray every day there's less casualty."
—George W. Bush, Fort Hood, Texas, April 11, 2004

(how does praying have casualties?)

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on
both of us as a powerful message that people who
wonder about their future can hear."
—George W. Bush, Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

(He and God are messages?)

"Recession means that people's incomes, at the employer
level, are going down, basically, relative to costs, people
are getting laid off."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 19, 2004

(the employer level? - does he mean that employer's
incomes are going down or that people who work *for*
employers have less income - and, what income, if they
are laid off?)

"But the true strength of America is found in the hearts
and souls of people like Travis, people who are willing
to love their neighbor, just like they would like to love
themselves."
—George W. Bush, Springfield, Mo., Feb. 9, 2004

(Travis only likes to love himself? - he doesn't really
love himself?)

"In my judgment, when the United States says there will
be serious consequences, and if there isn't serious
consequences, it creates adverse consequences."
—George W. Bush, Meet the Press, Feb. 8, 2004

(Adverse consequences aren't serious?)
(There isn't - should be there aren't, but the
whole sentence makes *no* sense at all)

"There is no such thing necessarily in a dictatorial
regime of iron-clad absolutely solid evidence. The
evidence I had was the best possible evidence that
he had a weapon."
—George W. Bush, Meet the Press, Feb. 8, 2004

(Now we have a dictatorial regime?)

"My views are one that speaks to freedom."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2004

(His views are *one*?)

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out
that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

(Ya think he meant literacy level?)

"And if you're interested in the quality of education and
you're paying attention to what you hear at Laclede, why
don't you volunteer? Why don't you mentor a child how to
read?"
—George W. Bush, St. Louis, Mo., Jan. 5, 2004

(mentor a child how to read? - doesn't he mean teach
a child how to read?)

"So thank you for reminding me about the importance of
being a good mom and a great volunteer as well."
—George W. Bush, St. Louis, Mos., Jan. 5, 2004

(I never knew George was a mom)

"I want to remind you all that in order to fight and win the
war, it requires an expenditure of money that is
commiserate with keeping a promise to our troops to
make sure that they're well-paid, well-trained,
well-equipped."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 15, 2003

(You commisserate with people over things that happen
to them - he means commensurate here).

"This very week in 1989, there were protests in East Berlin
and in Leipzig. By the end of that year, every communist
dictatorship in Central America had collapsed."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 6, 2003

(This week in 1989? - when he is speaking in 2003?)

"[W]hether they be Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or Hindu,
people have heard the universal call to love a neighbor
just like they'd like to be called themselves."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., October 8, 2003

(they were called, but they didn't answer g)

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for
what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed
by people who are probably read the news themselves."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

(I sure hope those briefers read the news, but maybe they
just make it up).

"I'm so pleased to be able to say hello to Bill Scranton.
He's one of the great Pennsylvania political families."
—George W. Bush, Drexel Hill, Penn., Sept. 15, 2003

(I never knew Bill Scranton was a family all by himself).

"We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a
parent, and a mom or a dad."
—George W. Bush, Jacksonville, Florida, Sept. 9, 2003

(I sure hope she is one or the other and not both a mom
and a dad).

"As Luce reminded me, he said, without data, without
facts, without information, the discussions about public
education mean that a person is just another opinion."
—George W. Bush, Jacksonville, Florida, Sept. 9, 2003

(a person is an opinion?)

"We had a good Cabinet meeting, talked about a lot of
issues. Secretary of State and Defense brought us up to
date about our desires to spread freedom and peace
around the world."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 1, 2003

(The Secretary of State and Defense? And they brought
who up to date on their own desires?)

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the
road map to peace."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

(huh?)

"It's very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who
left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and
their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change
America."
—George W. Bush, Dakar, Senegal, July 8, 2003

(steadfast and religion? - the slaves did what?)

"You've also got to measure in order to begin to effect
change that's just more — when there's more than talk,
there's just actual — a paradigm shift."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 1, 2003

(this one makes no sense at all)

"Iran would be dangerous if they have a nuclear weapon."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 18, 2003

(yeah, they sure would be)

"The true strength of America happens when a neighbor
loves a neighbor just like they'd like to be loved themselves."
—George W. Bush, Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

(makes me wonder if he's lusting after his neighbor)

"We are making steadfast progress."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 9, 2003

(just what is steadfast progress?)

"I'm the master of low expectations."
—George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

(I bet he is)

"I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian
Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

(one hopes that a finance minister would have a grasp
of finances)

"I've got very good relations with President Mubarak and
Crown Prince Abdallah and the King of Jordan, Gulf
Coast countries."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

(Gulf Coast countries?)

"All up and down the different aspects of our society, we
had meaningful discussions. Not only in the Cabinet Room,
but prior to this and after this day, our secretaries,
respective secretaries, will continue to interact to create
the conditions necessary for prosperity to reign."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

(prior to this, they will continue to interact?)

"I think war is a dangerous place."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003

(war is a place?)

"We ended the rule of one of history's worst tyrants, and
in so doing, we not only freed the American people, we
made our own people more secure."
—George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, May 3, 2003

(he meant freed the Iraqis, I presume?)

"You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll
take time to restore chaos and order — order out of chaos.
But we will."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

(he's going to restore chaos?)

"Perhaps one way will be, if we use military force, in the
post-Saddam Iraq the U.N. will definitely need to have a
role. And that way it can begin to get its legs, legs of
responsibility back."
—George W. Bush, the Azores, Portugal, March 16, 2003

(legs of responsibility?)

"[The Space Shuttle] Columbia carried in its payroll
classroom experiments from some of our students in
America."
—George W. Bush, Bethesda, Md., Feb. 3, 2003

(I sure hope that the payroll didn't blow up along with
the experiments)

"And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin
Powell, is with us."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2003

(secretary of what?)

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of
the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam
Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."
—George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

(I never knew Saddam was scared of himself)

"When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and
persecuted as a war criminal."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 22, 2003

(I know he means prosecuted, but he didn't say that)

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has
come to an end."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

(one year ago, the time has come?)

These are just a few of GW's gaffs in English.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old June 8th 04, 10:17 PM
R. Steve Walz

Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Circe wrote:

So what? "High" cultures the world over (and particularly in Europe)

had
slavery (and children slaves) for thousands of years. One of the

reasons
that the wealthy in the Greek and Roman culture (who produced most

of
the
art and literature that we admire today) *were* wealthy was because

they
relied on slave labor to produce surplus goods and earn their money

for
them. Wow, what a wonderful achievement, eh?
----------------
Actually no, they bred horrible sadness by the thousands of lives.

were you there ?

-----------------
Sure was.

did you actually see this 'horrible sadness' ???

--------------
Oh yes!

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

'those people' were illiterate.........they would have subsisted,

nothing
more

--------------------
They were deprived of their rightful education in that society.
Also, anyway, reading was not much use at that time, a toy, nothing
more.

Instead it fed and clothed and pampered vain plutocrats and sycophants
who made war to steal from all of Europe.

and incidentally kept 'those people' from starving due to their own
inability to do anything more than simply survive under starvation
conditions

-----------------------
Nonsense. The slaves did that themselves.

Our rich do the same thing today!!!

so move to 'Da Mudda Lann' where everyone is poor

---------------------------
Ain't any, you ridiculous lying piece of ****!

the extent of your intellectual bankruptcy is fully exposed by your remarks
above

-----------------
No, it isn't, instead YOUR intellectual NON-EXISTENCE is fully
exposed by your lamely ignorant and useless posturing without
ANY reasoned argument.
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:25 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:39:36 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

Dirk wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote in message
. ..
How does anyone think that it is right to not pronounce a lot of
common English words correctly?

Common English words like

Insurance
Umbrella
Install (commonly misused as a noun, btw)
Nuclear

...?

You have to have some loose screws to believe
that.

I've yet to hear you complain about Southern mispronunciations of
the following words. I imagine you think that it's either

a) correct, even though the dictionaries I've consulted do not
support "INsurance," "UMbrella", INstall", "Nookyouluhr" or "Ah"
even as alternative pronunciations; or

b) a lovable part of your heritage/culture/yadda yadda.

In either case--why don't you cut the brothers some slack already.
Sheesh. So long as the grammar's ok I don't really care if an
occasional "th" sound comes out like an "f", f'rinstance (a dialect
oddity some black Americans happen to share with Cockneys). Why do
you?

Moreoever, the current US President--a white man born with a silver spoon in
his mouth and privileged to have one of the best educations money can
buy--cannot pronounce "nuclear" or "sovereignty" plus a half dozen other
words correctly, regularly invents words (e.g. "misunderestimate"), and
often butchers grammar and syntax (e.g., "Is our children learning?"), but I
don't hear Holger complaining about that.

Bush speaks excellent English.

Holger

-------------
If you actually think so then you have fully demonstrated your
ignorance. Bush is so illiterate that he can't even pronounce the
name of a prison that has been in the top of the news for weeks
and for which HIS people on HIS watch stand accused! He manifests
a form of quite classic alcoholic mental dystonia that makes me
think that he was either a fetal alcohol-syndrome baby before that
was well-understood, and that Barbara has an alcoholic past, or
that he's poisoned one too many neurons, or that he was actually
born borderline retarded. and that this will come out eventually
and the coverup of it, and that for a retard that he is functioning
at an amazing level, that is, of course, for a retard!
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:30 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On 8 Jun 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (Dirk) wrote:

[...]

Because I know how bad it sounds and how black people have such low
incomes, and that they could get better jobs if they would speak
correctly, dress correctly, sit and stand correctly, and walk correctly,
etc. Their lives would be so much better.

Holger

--------------
So if they did, then you mean, basically, that then superficial
human **** such as yourself and your few friends might very well
love them a lot more, eh? Now again!: Why in the WORLD would
they possibly actually WANT that?????!!
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:39 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:14:15 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

The Greeks had a great civilization. Much greater than the Romans.
They gave us many, many things. Not just some art and some literature.

----------------
Nonsense, they had the money to afford thinkers because they had
slaves once again, but they squandered it and most Athenians wasted
their money on high living, the few thinkers were a tiny minority.

The Greeks were not famous for being rich.

---------------
Which "Greeks", since they were totally different city states with
different laws, customs, and languages?? Sparta were militaristic
morons who served the state as their Gawd. Athenians kept lots of
slaves and lived in indolent luxury, unless, of course, you call
their slaves "Athenian", and then they surely DID NOT!! As for
them being rich, no they did not have plasma TV's backt then,
otherwise the only point you could have been making is ON YOUR HEAD!

I don't think there is any mention of that in their history.

------------------
And that's only because YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ WORD ONE ABOUT
IT AND *ONLY* GOT WHAT YOU LAUGHABLY THINK YOU "know" FROM THE
MOVIES!!

I'm sure that the creators of
philosophy and architecture and math and on were probably about 10 % of
their culture.

---------------------
That's only because you're an idiot! If ANY culture had that many top
level groundbeaking contributors, one, they would have all starved for
lack of other workers to farm and build, EVEN TODAY, and two, if they
HAD magically survived they would have raced ahead of any other
civilization in all of history!!
Steve

Their contributions to the world were incredible. You
see, they didn't even have libraries full of books to go and read. They
had to create all of it.

---------------------------
Nonsense, they based their society on the Minoans of Crete and the
eastern empires they derived from.

If papyrus had rotted ten percent faster they'd have been unknown!

The Egyptians were the ones who found or created papyrus. That, and
some engineering (the pyramids, etc.) was about all they did.

Holger

------------------------------
Minimization, what you have done with your mind.
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:44 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:03:11 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

They wouldn't know what to do. There would not be anyone to tell them
what to do.

-----------------
They knew what to do, they had been doing it FOR their masters for
ages.

Just like the black savages in Africa who have killed so many of the
white farm owners. They worked in the field on some of these farms,
but, after killing the boss, they don't know how to operate the farm so
it just becomes a wasteland or goes back to undeveloped land.

Holger

--------------------
Nonsense, the racist friends of white slavers who had worked the
blacks cut off the seed supply, and the republicans here decided
not to help them. Sort of: "If us rich white guys can't own it
all, then nobody can, even the people who deserve to!"
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:46 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:51:06 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:07:31 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:
Her point is that the Greeks would not have done any of these
things without slavery, which gave them the wealth and free time
to engage in such endeavors.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

It is not only not ridiculous, it's a fact. A culture cannot engage in
significant intellectual or artistic pursuits without surplus food
production (e.g., wealth). Moreover, people's ability to produce am
agricultural surplus is directly tied to their geographical location. Asia,
Europe, and northern Africa are better suited, geographically, to surplus
food production than sub-Saharan Africa. (Aboriginal Australians and many
native Americans faced similar challenges and didn't have cultural
"floruits" as a result.) It's that simple. Asians and Europeans aren't
smarter or better than sub-Saharan Africans--they just live in a better
location, agriculturally speaking.

Boy are you mixed up and confused.
Holger

------------
Boy are you out of ideas to argue with.

Barbara whupped your ass!
Steve
Old June 8th 04, 10:48 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I hope you said that to the mirror.

Read Jared Diamond's _Guns, Germs, and Steel_ and get educated, Holger. With
effort, even you can outgrow and overcome racist thinking and
narrow-mindedness.

Evidently, you have been reading "Catcher in The Rye" and other sick
books. Better leave that doo doo alone and help your brothers get their
act together.

Holger

YOUR head is what's full of "doo doo",
you simpering little piece of racist filth!

I didn't know Barbara had brothers, and SHE isn't black either,
you ****ty little grasping coward!
Steve