Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old July 4th 04, 09:27 PM
Holger Dansk

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Holger Dansk wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
God help you. You are so messed up mentally. Get straightened out
quick. Life is too short. You will live it without even knowing what
was real and what was not. It seems that it may have been caused by too
much lying and being around people who do a lot.
--------------------------
People like you. You just got told about your ignorance again, so you
explode in insult instead of accepting your ignorance and trying to
become educated.
Steve

In what way did I get told, and told what? The ancient Greek civilization

put
vowells in language. Of course, that means written

nguage, ----------------
One of many which did at about the same time. Other languages, like
the Asian languages, used syllabic symbols that had always included
their pronunciation of both. Yet other written scripts always had
vowels. You're a nutcake if you think Greeks were either amazingly
advanced or not a cultural backwater.

Whathisname
keeps talking about noises that people made with their mouths from the
Neanderthal
on up. He has many loose screws. Most animals make noises and I suppose
he would say they are using vowells. That's laughable. Let's get real. We

are
talking about written vowells here.

---------------
Written vowels began as diacritical marks around consonantal symbols.
They were optional, as in early Greek and Hebrew.

Later the need to spread language widely to different dialects made
it necessary to spell the vowels out, to combat deviant pronunciations
in dialects. Prior to that written language was a shorthand using only
consonantal symbols.

That's the only kind you can have when you
are speaking about the first civilization to put vowells in

language. -----------
Don't be stupid, all language has vowels, you can't even SPEAK
consonants without vowels!!

We do not have
CDs of people speaking thousands of years ago.

---------------------
No, we have treatises on speech written by those people who tell us
how they spoke, in many cases.

By the way, I have wondered why and how the Greeks were so far ahead of all

of
the other civilizations in practically everything when they didn't have any
previous
civilizations to learn from.

-----------------------
You're nothing but a ****ing idiot. None of that is true.
They were neither far ahead, nor deprived of prior sources of culture.

I think there is a possibility that they learned
from the Sumerians, the most ancient
of the civilizations, who may have had visitors from space (aliens) that

they
learned from.

-------------------
God, you're an insane ignorant idiot.

The Sumerians believed that the earth was round and that the planets (they

said
there are 12)
revolved around the sun. Thats thousands of years before Galileo and other
astronomers
learned anything about it and before Columbus, in 1492 proved that the earth

is
round.

--------------------------
The Greeks and Egyptians both knew the world was round, as did other
early societies.

How else could these ancient people figure out the solar system, etc. We

just
recently discovered
that there are 10 planets instead of 9. Maybe there are 12.

----------------------------
You're an idiot.

You mention my getting educated. Does that mean that you are black.

-----------------
What would that have to do with it????

Black
people often stress and
talk about education as if it's some kind of medal that people get.

------------------
As do little ****-headed retards like YOU do. No, I'm European.
You're delusional!

A degree is only a license to learn.

-------------------
So get one, please!!
You clearly don't even have your learner's permit yet!

They also
talk about reading as if they just learned how to read.
Holger

------------------
You act like you know nearly nobody personally!!
You're a low-grade moron!

Tell me more about me. :-)

Holger

Steve

Old July 4th 04, 09:50 PM

Bob LeChevalier wrote:

We don't KNOW who the person was who first added vowel letters
to the alphabet for representing Greek. It might have been...
a dark-skinned Copt or Nubian....

In your wet dreamz... (ROTFLMAO)

It might have even been an alien from outer space!
We don't *KNOW* that it wazn't...
Old July 5th 04, 08:36 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

"Karl" wrote in message
.. .
Holger Dansk wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:41:44 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 02:29:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:38:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

Reading and writing were invented by whites and Asians.

Really? Got any names?

Guess those people in Upper Egypt weren't reading and writing.

South of the Sahara they were running around chasing wildebeest, etc.

What do you think they were doing in Northern Europe in 3000 BC?

Well, in about 2560 BC, north of the Sahara, (We were talking about
Africa, not northern Europe.)

You were talking about "whites and Asians". I want to know what you
think all the rest of the whites and Asians were doing while the Copts
(who were mixed race and possibly black, but were certainly NOT
"Caucasian" or "Aryan" or "Indo-European" which are common alternative
names for "whites") were doing their thing.

Well, they certainly were not playing with dung beetles and chasing
wildebeest.

You're right. Here in Northern Europe they were playing with stag
beetles and running away from bears.

Until the Romans brought civilisation, thousands of years later.

Most of civilized things about Roman culture came from the Greeks after the
Romans conquered Greece. The Romans were good at killing people and they
were good plumbers. In public restrooms in Rome everyone used the same sponge
on the end of a
stick to wipe there ass. It was kept emersed in a container containing saline
solution.
Holger

----------------
Wrong! They'd have had typhus almost immediately.
They brought their OWN sponges!
Steve
Old July 5th 04, 08:40 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

It seems like you just want to argue. The Greeks were maybe the first
civilization to
add vowels to their alphabet. Their language was written with their alphabet.

----------------------
Nope, not even "maybe the first", you dip****.

So what the hell is your problem? You just want to play around with semantics
and argue about
practically nothing.

------------------------
No, just your LIES!

Try to remain rational. My dad once told me, "Very few if
any economist
are millionaires."

-----------------------
You're "dad" was an illiterate indigent *******.

In other words, they, evidently, are unable to separate the essential things
from the unessential, or
the important from the unimportant.

-------------------------
That would be you.

If you ramble around talking about
Shakespeare's spelling, etc.,
an all sorts of ramifications you will miss the point or the important thing or
things.
Holger

-----------------
You ain't no ****ing Shakespeare!
Steve

"Circe" wrote in message
Holger Dansk wrote:
On 3 Jun 2004 11:12:35 -0500, (Herman
Rubin) wrote:
In article ,
Holger Dansk wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:33:07 -0700, "Circe"
wrote:
Um, are you suggesting that Greek was the first language to have
vowels in it?

I'm not suggesting it but saying that it was.

At most, you can claim that Greek was the first language to
have an ALPHABETIC system of writing with all vowels being
EXPLICIT. One could make a case for this, but at least the
Indian alphabet independently introduced vowels, and I do
not believe that the Persian alphabet of the Behistun Rock,
which does have vowels, is based on the earlier Semitic one.
At least Grotefend did not find that to be the case when he
deciphered the inscription.

snip quote which has no relevance to the subject at hand

These knuckleheads keep talking about spoken language which began
about 30,000 years ago.

Blink Bob and I (and Herman) have referred to languages like Hebrew,
Sanskrit, and Chinese. We have not remotely suggested that any of those
languages is 30,000 years old.

Bob and I *have* stated that vowel sounds are a component of all human
languages and have therefore presumably been present in human language since
its earliest development. There is *no* exstant human language that does not
consist of both consonant and vowel sounds, whether it was ever committed to
a native writing system by its speakers. It is highly unlikely that any
human system of verbal communication could have been produced without the
existence of vowel sounds given that no language exists now that does so.
Whether or not the vowel sounds are represented in *writing* has nothing,
therefore, to do with whether vowel sounds are present in language.
(Hawaiian was never committed to a native writing system, for example, yet
it clearly has plenty of vowel sounds in it!)

I wonder if they even know what a vowel
is? For their information, the modern English vowels are a, e, i, o,
and u.

Wrong again. You confuse the symbol with the symbolized. A vowel is a kind
of sound, distinct from a consonantal sound; the letters you have written
are merely symbols for representing those sounds. Moreover, in English, the
alphabetic symbols for the vowels do not have a one-to-one correspondence
with the *sounds* they can represent: a can be either an "ah" sound or an
"ay" sound; e can be "eh" or "ee" or unpronounced, and so on.

Oh, and you forgot "sometimes y".

These are letters that are written, and they should have learned
how to write some letters in the first grade.

And we all learned to say them years before we learned to write them. Ergo,
there is no relationship between *written* vowels and *spoken* ones. Ergo,
you are full of ****.

But then, we all knew that already.
--
Be well, Barbara

Old July 5th 04, 08:50 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

So you are black and all of this arguing has been because of the sub saharan
savages and the fact that the Greeks were not black. Give me strength. :-)

---------------
We're not black.
You're an ignorant racist little piece of ****.

Well,
I finally know where you are coming from. You are one of these people in
America
that Bill Cosby is talking about and you are upset.

-------------------
We're not black, and Cosby is ignorant.

Well, I haven't told you about the American negro have I? I just told you about
the ones in Africa that are savages in every sense of the word.

--------------------------
Since you've never studied such a thing, you're BOTH wrong AND lying!

Why didn't you say from the very beginning that you have a seething hatred for
white people who tell the truth about blacks?

------------------
Merely your lie.

Listen to Bill Cosby. He is not
white
and he will tell you the truth about blacks and he's talking about the ones here
in America,
and not the savages in Africa. I'm sure Bill would not even want to discuss
those in Africa.
Holger

--------------------------
Cosby is an ignorant racist piece of crap.
Steve
Old July 5th 04, 08:52 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

You are mad because I told the truth about savages in Africa.

-----------------
You wouldn't know the truth if it ****ed on you!

Well, Bill Cosby
will tell you the truth about savages in America. :-)
Holger

-----------------
Ain't any.
Steve
Old July 5th 04, 08:53 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

Well, all I would have to do is put my opinion on my web site, and since it
would
be in writing and all of you blacks who have recently learned to read seem to
think
that, if it's in writing, then it's true, you would believe my opinions.

-----------------------
You're a sick distorted racist piece of ****.
Steve
Old July 5th 04, 08:57 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

[...]

Look in any good encyclopedia or on any reliable web site and you will
see that the Greeks were the first to put vowels in language.

------------------
Nope. Never happened that way!

That's the only kind you can have when you
are speaking about the first civilization to put vowells in

language. -----------
Don't be stupid, all language has vowels, you can't even SPEAK
consonants without vowels!!

Again, we are not talking about all of the grunting and screeching and noise
that people made. A dog barking or a cat that meows can sound like a
vowell. We are talking about WRITTEN language. Please get that through
your noggin.

---------------------------------------
You're a low-grade moron.
Steve

Old July 5th 04, 09:02 AM
Bob LeChevalier

"Holger Dansk" wrote:
"Bob LeChevalier" wrote in message
.. .
"Holger Dansk" wrote:
It seems like you just want to argue. The Greeks were maybe the first
civilization to add vowels to their alphabet. Their language was written

with their alphabet.

Hurrah. He finally makes a correct statement.

So what the hell is your problem? You just want to play around with semantics
and argue about practically nothing. Try to remain rational.

I am quite rational. I am not a racist slime.

So you are black

Not that I know of. Somewhere back in ancient history, there may be a
black ancestor I am unaware of that qualifies me under the one drop
rule. But that may be true for you too.

Well,
I finally know where you are coming from. You are one of these people in
America that Bill Cosby is talking about and you are upset.

Nope.

Well, I haven't told you about the American negro have I? I just told you about
the ones in Africa that are savages in every sense of the word.

You have told me that you are a racist slime. You don't *know*
anything that you can tell me about other than that.

Why didn't you say from the very beginning that you have a seething hatred for
white people who tell the truth about blacks?

No. I have a seething hatred for subhuman racist slime. I tell the
truth about blacks: They are human beings.

Listen to Bill Cosby.

I've probably been doing so longer than you. 1964, I believe, is when
I first listened to him.

He is not white and he will tell you the truth about blacks

He hasn't ever spoken to me, and I have no reason to believe he will
tell me anything. He tells other blacks some things that reflect his
opinion about their behavior. I agree with much of what he says.

But I don't agree with much of what you say, because you are an
ignorant racist slime.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old July 5th 04, 09:07 AM
Bob LeChevalier

"Holger Dansk" wrote:
Your opinion is worthless.

Well, all I would have to do is put my opinion on my web site, and since it
would be in writing

Why would your website be more "in writing" than your ignorant Usenet
posts, idiot?

and all of you blacks who have recently learned to read seem to
think that, if it's in writing, then it's true, you would believe my opinions.

Such illogic and false assumptions are why you are labeled subhuman
racist slime.

I warn you, maybe 50% of the web sites are not reliable. There's all kinds of
doo doo out there.

Correct.

Nothing like having the education and intelligence to sort out valid
information from crackpot theories like those of Sitchin.

If I were you, I wouldn't let people know that you were assaociated with Logical
Language Group.

I am.

That's like saying that you went to University of Wdowee, etc., or that
you like negro phonics or whatever that damn fool crap that the Washin

But it is not like your repetitious admission that you are a subhuman
racist slime.

lojbab