what you don't expect a c-section mum to say

Old September 11th 05, 08:22 PM
Anne Rogers

Default what you don't expect a c-section mum to say

was chatting to my friend who had a c-section 5 weeks ago, suggesting we got
together for a coffee, then I asked her if she was driving yet, she said no,
but it's ok, I can get the bus in to town!

yikes, I was soooo shocked, I know I can't compare to me right now, but even
so I wouldn't expect anyone who'd just had a c-section to be using the bus
because they couldn't drive!

Anne

Old September 11th 05, 08:40 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Anne Rogers writes:

was chatting to my friend who had a c-section 5 weeks ago, suggesting we
got together for a coffee, then I asked her if she was driving yet, she
said no, but it's ok, I can get the bus in to town!

yikes, I was soooo shocked, I know I can't compare to me right now, but
even so I wouldn't expect anyone who'd just had a c-section to be using
the bus because they couldn't drive!

Why not? It makes sense to me. To use a bus, it's enough to be able to walk
a bit. To be able to drive safely, you need to be sure that in an emergency
you'd use your muscles that are related to the injured ones without
reservation. It seems quite natural to be happy with bus travel before
driving to me.

(I *am* impressed - I remember feeling a bit wobbly on a bus 2.5 weeks
postpartum, and I had a vaginal birth, so 5 weeks after a c/s does seem
good going - but I think your contrast is false.)

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old September 11th 05, 09:01 PM
Christina

well, nobody ever said anything to me after my sections about not
driving, so i was back behind the wheel after two or three weeks each time.

christina
mom to ds1 (nov 01) and ds2 (apr 05)
Old September 12th 05, 02:40 AM
Leslie

I think it so much depends on the person. I was not back to normal for
six months after my first section, but I've known plenty of people who
thought theirs were a breeze.

Leslie

Old September 12th 05, 03:59 AM
Cuddlefish

Anne Rogers wrote:
was chatting to my friend who had a c-section 5 weeks ago, suggesting we got
together for a coffee, then I asked her if she was driving yet, she said no,
but it's ok, I can get the bus in to town!

yikes, I was soooo shocked, I know I can't compare to me right now, but even
so I wouldn't expect anyone who'd just had a c-section to be using the bus
because they couldn't drive!

Anne

I had a c-section 5 weeks ago. I *walked* home from the hospital 3 days
later. I have also since driven and caught the bus several times to get
around.

Sure it was major surgery, but heck I was able to recover no problem...
I had no expectations of anything either way.

*shrug*

Jacqueline