Morning sickness back, yuck.

Old March 9th 04, 07:16 PM
Jill

Default Morning sickness back, yuck.

My bad ms went away at about 20 weeks on the dot. Starting at 24 weeks it
slowly and gradually started happening, and now at 30, for the past couple
of week I have been VERY prone to nausea and vomiting- the only diffence is
I am at least able to eat a lot more than I was in the 1st trimester
(meaning a wider selection of foods and I no longer have to avoid any and
all cheese, etc). But I am vomiting MORE now than I ever did before and it
is with less warning- sometimes my food just comes up! My DH asked me what I
thought was causing it, was it iron supplements etc-- I think it's just the
size of my stomach and the fact that I have had a very sensitive stomach
throughout pregnancy.

I am nauseous today. Thankfully a lot of times I don't have the lingering
all-day nausea, just some short nausea and vomiting. (I hate it- when I
start throwing up I can't stop heaving until EVERYthing is tossed back up
and I start getting dry heaves) SORRY--- this is too much info I know!!!

It's just so frustrating, I feel yucky. Still not enjoying food most of the
time and even when I am loving it, I can't eat much at all! We had to turn
the heat back on since they are calling for some snow again, and my nose is
stuffed up again (which means, harder breathing and panic attack
alert)....grrr! Worse, I have been having BH contractions I now know for
sure, they don't hurt too bad but they are uncomfortable, and whenever I
stand, the pressure is so bad! You'd think I'm 38 weeks not 30!!

Old March 9th 04, 09:25 PM
Carla

I had this exact same thing about a month ago. I didn't even have any
ms in the beginning (or at any time) and then all of the sudden
somewhere between 24 & 26 weeks I started throwing up whenever I would
eat a complete normal size meal. It really made me mad because I'd be
STARVING for say...Outback, we'd go, I'd order a normal meal and
before we got home I'd start feeling like I was gonna lose it. This
mostly happened when we went out to eat -- that may be because I tend
to eat more at one sitting than compared to when I'm at home and will
sometimes just pick at food and stop when I'm full even if there's
some left. Anyway -- I started eating smaller meals more often spread
throughout the day and have been better ever since. It took me a
couple of weeks to 'measure' my portions correctly but I feel a
million % better.

My OB said that your stomach is starting to have less & less room so
therefore it's easier to get full quicker than you're used to. I also
have a really sensitive & finicky stomach -- I had an awful stomach
ulcer about 4 years ago and my stomach hasn't been the same since.

HTH...

Carla

Old March 11th 04, 03:50 AM
Mary S.

Jill wrote:
My bad ms went away at about 20 weeks on the dot. Starting at 24 weeks it
slowly and gradually started happening, and now at 30, for the past couple
of week I have been VERY prone to nausea and vomiting

I'm not a doctor but:

In your shoes, I would explore the world of drugs. Zofran (zofrin?) is
okayed for the second trimester. The safest anti-nausea drug (pregnancy
level A - proven safe, a very rare rating - by the FDA, and the only
anti-nausea drug that's safe during all three trimesters) is only
available in Canada (it's called Diclectin), but the ingredients are 25
mg doxylamine with 50 mg vitamin B6. One Unisom plus half a B6 tablet.
The main side effect is supposed to be extreme drowsiness because the
antihistamine is a sedative (Unisom doylamine is marketed as a sleeping
pill). I was totally prepared to take this if my m/s had been as bad as
it was with Sproutkin (and I'm a leery-of-drugs, don't-take-Tylenol kind
of person normally). Nausea is awful; there's no reason to suffer when
it gets *that* bad.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin
and a new wee baby-sprout, due 10/01

Old March 11th 04, 05:56 PM
Jess

"Jill" wrote in message .com...
[...]

My sympathies + you are scaring me! I am at 16 weeks and my bad MS is
just starting to fade. I have been a Zofran & phenergan junkie since
about week 8 & have had to get IV fluids etc....despite being on meds.
I agree with Mary- if you are really miserable & having trouble
keeping food down, you might try some of the meds, there's no reason
to be so miserable. hope you feel better soon.
Jess
Old March 13th 04, 06:06 AM
owner

you may want to talk with your ob to make sure you're not having
hyperemesis. Hyperemesis is a severe form of morning sickness than can
lead to dehydration due to excess vomiting and some women experience
it throughout their entire pregnancy. It is something that needs to
be treated. I have experienced it with both of my pregnancy's but was
lucky enough that it went away by 16-18 weeks both times. There are
several nausea medicines you can take that are safe throughout
pregnancy to deal with this rather than suffer through it. Good luck!

morning sickness tips? (was ideas for valentines day) David Dalton Pregnancy 0 February 2nd 04 10:24 PM
Self-hypnosis for morning sickness? V Pregnancy 1 January 2nd 04 11:06 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Morning sickness = depression Jill Pregnancy 32 December 16th 03 09:02 PM
FDA MDR: Obstetric tables (also: Pregnancy low back pain/Lordex Spine Institute) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 30th 03 05:49 PM