I need lead weighted baby shoes!!!

Old July 24th 04, 04:47 AM
Marie

Default I need lead weighted baby shoes!!!

....seriously. I mean it. I'm out of ideas.

Both Chris and Alex (15mos old) are climbers. The world is one big jungle
gym. I don't know if I could keep up with *one* toddler who seemed
determined to scale Mt. Everest, but with TWO...

I've tried to proof the family room (where they spend most of their time):
but the floor is hardwood and I haven't found an anti-gravity unit for sale
on e-bay yet :-}

I've put down rugs, mats, foam pads, the boys still manage to miss them
when they fall. Alex looks like he's been in a fight he has so many bruises
on his face :-(

They're latest thing: our living room has bentwood chairs from Ikea, they
sway like rockers. The boys have discovered that by pulling off the chair
pad (held on by velcro) they can climb the back slats like a ladder. 2
problems: because it sways, it can (although it hasn't yet) overbalance,
dumping someone on their head. And, by climbing up the back of the chair
they can reach the *high* shelves, where mommy has tried to put all the
things they shouldn't touch.

SIGH

If anyone has advice, lead baby shoes or an anti-gravity unit I await
eagerly to hear from you. If anyone has already survived climbing toddlers
and wish to reassure me that the guardian angels are up to the job, I'll
take comfort in that as well.

TIA

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)

Old July 24th 04, 04:21 PM
Megan Byrne

No advice, just wanted to let you know that I am right there with you
with my 22 mo. olds!! They are climbing out of the cribs, too. Which in
the morning, is OK, as they play in their baby-proofed room a bit, so a
get a few more zzzz's, LOL.

I don't think there is much that either of us can do. But, my two look
abused with all the bruises on their bodies. (mainly from climbing out
of the cribs, I guess)

Megan~
Mommy to
Aidan & Alexis born 9/28/02
B/G Twin Angels...6/20 & 7/1/01

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis
****Updated 6/26/04****

Old July 25th 04, 12:17 AM
shirley

All I can tell you is that anything that couldn't be bound down in some way
from falling or them being injured was removed to our bedroom. Now mind you
the house looked very strange and empty. The living room had a ball pit in
it, tons of toys and a wagon. The table had been cleared of chairs, the
kitchen gated off, the rooms were all locked except theirs which had a bed
on the floor (a full size mattress) and the dresser was locked in their
closet. It was extreme but it worked. I was more relaxed, the twins could
play to their hearts content (of course for the mishap of each pushing the
other into a corner of the wall - they had matching black eyes for weeks),
anyhow, as they outgrew the busy stage, things were brought back into the
room. It seemed to work for mine. Then of course they discover trees at
the age of 6 and break an arm! Oh well!

Good luck.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Old July 25th 04, 02:31 PM
Mirethy & Arjan

Hello Marie,

Thanks for sharing your story which in a way has calm me down ..
I thougth I had two crazy daughters helping each other and holding the
tables so the other one could climb in it..

I have pretty much baby proof the living room and the kitchen .. but
they always do find something new to do .. so we keep putting tings
in and out .. and we keep telling them no no no no .. They are starting
to get the hang of No, and they do stop when you are watching and tell
them no on time.

You are not alone in this one ...

Gr
Mirethy
mother to Kreychelle and Draychelle born may 12th, 2003

"Marie" schreef in bericht
. rogers.com...

Old July 25th 04, 04:27 PM
Andrea

Oh yes, I remember those days. My children were covered in bruises for about a
year. Madison always seemed to have at least one bruise on her face. I
babyproofed one large area of the house and kept them confined in there most of
the time, but they always seemed to be one step ahead of me, finding new things
to do. It can be frustrating, but this stage will pass eventually.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
4 yrs .old