Thank you Governor Schwarzenegger!

Old October 2nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to free.christians,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.christnet.public
Bible John

Default Thank you Governor Schwarzenegger!

http://gov.ca.gov/pdf/press/ab_606_veto.pdf

Thank you so much! Thank you so much! Thank you so much for doing this!
Perhaps you received my 5+ phone calls, my fax, and my email you about
veteoing this bill. Perhaps you also recieved a number of letters from other
christians in our greta state. But thanks for not letting the Homosexual
agenda get into the schools!

--
To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 606 without my signature.

This bill mandates that the State Department of Education develop a "model"

antidiscrimination policy that prohibits discrimination based on specified
characteristics

already in law. It also mandates school districts adopt this model in their
district.

I have spent most of my life committed to fighting discrimination and
teaching our children

tolerance for all persons, irrespective of race, gender, nationality,
ethnicity, religious creed,

disability or sexual orientation. However well intentioned, this bill
creates a new state

mandate on schools at a time when our state currently owes almost half a
billion dollars in

unpaid mandates. Adding another unfunded state mandate to our school
districts when we

have not paid for existing mandates is irresponsible. The mandates still
unfunded include

earthquake emergency procedures, immunization programs, AIDS prevention
programs,

criminal background checks on school employees, removal and disposal of
chemicals,

administering and reporting standardized tests, among others.

Additionally the California Student Safety and Violence Prevention Act of
2000 already

prohibits discrimination and harassment in California Public Schools. A task
force created by

the Department of Education to recommend ways to implement this Act released
its report to

school districts in 2001. On April 30, 2004, the Department of Education's
General Counsel

issued a legal advisory to all county and district superintendents
explaining the laws related to

discrimination. According to this document, every local educational agency
is required to

have a policy against discrimination and harassment that applies to all the
protected categories

of students and a complaint procedure that enforces that policy.

It is the responsibility and obligation of the Department of Education to
ensure that school

districts are complying with this important law and I strongly encourage a
zero tolerance for

any violation of these prohibitions against discrimination and harassment in
our schools.

For these reasons, I am unable to sign this measure.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

--
Vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2006 election!
http://www.joinarnold.com

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 2nd 06, 06:55 AM posted to free.christians,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.christnet.public
:::W H O S O E V E R:::

Bible John wrote:

Thank you so much! Thank you so much! Thank you so much for doing this!
Perhaps you received my 5+ phone calls, my fax, and my email you about
veteoing this bill.

Perhaps you are now on the CHP's loonie watchlist that was created to
keep an eye on probable whack-jobs such as yourself that could end up
being a threat to the Governor or other state officials. Especially
with your police record...

Perhaps you also recieved a number of letters from other
christians in our greta state. But thanks for not letting the Homosexual
agenda get into the schools!

Why are you so afraid of homosexuals, John? Could it be because you
are a closet homosexual yourself? Is this why you are such a extreme
right-of-center fundamentalist yourself - because you hate yourself and
need to keep your secret desires in check by telling yourself and
everyone who will listen that you are an extremist?

One thing's for certain, Schwarzeneggar will have a tough time getting
re-elected because of this veto - and you will only have yourself and
others like you to blame for it in November.

Bye-bye, Arnie!