July due dates, TTC-ers, and new members

Old November 10th 04, 02:22 PM
Sarah Vaughan

Default July due dates, TTC-ers, and new members

(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

For our TTC members, how is the journey going? Need to vent, cry, yell
a bit? Feeling hopeful? Into the 2ww? Lots and lots of baby dust to
you all. I know there are lurkers as well as the visible ttc'ers here,
and some ttc'ers who are staying silent on the subject or still deciding
whether to really go for it. Everyone should feel welcome in this
community... please know that we're cheering you on with all our hearts.
Hopefully there will be some new due date updates from some of you who
have had such a long, tough haul so far.

For any new members, hello and welcome! Have you started ttc (trying to
conceive)? Feel free to send an introduction, or keep us updated as you
look for signs of the big O (ovulation) by charting your BBT (basal body
temperature), do some BD (baby dancing), cross your fingers during the
2ww (two week wait, after ovulation but before a pregnancy test will
show anything), and then hopefully send your own new due date
message out! You'll often see TCOYF referred to: it's the fabulous book
_Taking Charge of Your Fertility_ by Toni Weschler, available from
Amazon and many bookstores. It talks all about how to chart your
fertility signs, both for pregnancy and for birth control, and is an
incredibly valuable way to learn about your own body. Highly
recommended reading for anyone starting down the road to pregnancy.
Welcome to the group.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Old November 10th 04, 03:35 PM
Lucy

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

Hi Everyone,

It's a bit of a surprise for me. We had been TTC since July, but I just had
a miscarriage in September. We had planned on my having one normal cycle
before trying again, but that cycle never came.

I think I ovulated on Oct 12th, so by Oct 31st (my birthday), when there was
no AF, I tested, and sure enough, it was +ve. I won't really believe it
until I go to the doctor's and hear the heartbeat though. I'm due for my
first OB visit Nov 23rd. Due date should be around July 5th.

Not many symptoms so far - just a little nausea, but no vomiting. And of
course, I'm tired all the time, but when am I not?

This will be my second child. DD is almost 2.

Lucy

Old November 10th 04, 10:18 PM
elizabeth emerald

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
For our TTC members, how is the journey going?

we'll i'm not ttc to my december cycle, so i'm just hanging around trying to
reply to posts when i can.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

Old November 11th 04, 04:13 AM
Child

"Lucy" wrote in message
[...]

Its lovely that you got pregnant so quickly after the miscarriage!! Made me
smile. Fingers crossed for no problems with this one!!

Old November 11th 04, 03:42 PM
Shelley Wall

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

For our TTC members, how is the journey going? Need to vent, cry, yell
a bit? Feeling hopeful? Into the 2ww? Lots and lots of baby dust to
you all. I know there are lurkers as well as the visible ttc'ers here,
and some ttc'ers who are staying silent on the subject or still deciding
whether to really go for it. Everyone should feel welcome in this
community... please know that we're cheering you on with all our hearts.
Hopefully there will be some new due date updates from some of you who
have had such a long, tough haul so far.

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking a few months now and thought I'd finally post something.
My story is a bit complicated, we're ttc after a mc in July. That was due
to a corpus luteum cyst that went haywire and ruptured taking part of my
ovary with it. Due to the lack of progesterone and the trauma of the
surgery to fix it all, I miscarried. Last month was the first time since
then that my body felt normal again, my period came exactly within the usual
cycle of days and I had my usual symptoms of cramps and sore breasts. Now
the sore breasts is an good indicator to me that I'm back to normal because
since July they have not been sore at all.
Has anyone else have known they are pregnant by breast tenderness? After I
learned I was pregnant in July, I thought back on it and realized that they
got tender right after I conceived. In normal times, it would be about a
week, week and a half before my period. That time it was in the middle of
the month. I should have known something was up. Well, now, the same thing
has happened! It's WAY WAY too early to know if I'm pregnant, my period
isn't due until the 29th and those puppies are sore now! I am keeping my
fingers crossed and praying that I'm pregnant again and also if I am, that I
don't miscarry again. Anyway, that's my overly wordy story. I've
enjoyed reading everyone's posts these past few months, it has helped me get
over the pain of the mc.

Shelley (Another one, I see there is someone else here who posts with the
same name.)

Old November 11th 04, 05:20 PM
sarah

Sarah Vaughan wrote in message ...

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?
Sarah

Hello, another sarah here.
I found out on Sunday ,and I think I'm in week 5. It wasn't a total
shock, but was a surprise as t'other half had been away around when I
"thought" the best chance was:-) So I guess I was wrong.
I'm feling distintly queasy. Not hurling, but not "right", this is
making it a tad tricky at work.My jobs pretty physical, and I dont
know how long the Strained stomach musle excuse is going to be good
for. Oh and I'm self employed so I have only myself to ask for
permission to go easy! Its the other people on the projects who might
start to think I'm lazy. Ho Hum.
Its all a bit scary really isn't it. seems terribly grown up and
sensible, two things I'm not convinced I am.
Sarah
Old November 11th 04, 05:57 PM
slanchogled

Congratulations, Lucy!

I only found out I am 4 weeks pregnant yesterday. I am starting to get
used to the fact... Still no symptoms, although today I feel so tired,
and as if I am coming down with a flu (it may be only my imaination
though)

Due date: 20 July... that's the end of my plans for a summer holiday
abroad

Lana

Old November 12th 04, 12:12 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Shelley Wall wrote:

Has anyone else have known they are pregnant by breast tenderness?

Oh my yes! The whole week before my period was due, I complained to my
best friend that I didn't feel PMS like usual but my breasts really
HURT! I don't usually get painful breasts with PMS. She said "Maybe
you're pregnant" and I said, "Oh, yeah RIGHT." Until I missed my period
and the stick showed two lines.

However, she's had the exact same symptoms as me and not been pregnant.
So YMMV.

Good luck!
-Rebecca
3 (or so) weeks left!

Old November 14th 04, 08:15 PM
MKH8888

I'm new here, and thought I'd play along...

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

I found out I was pregnant on the 1st. I am approximately 7 wks along now. I
have my first OB apt on the 16th and will do an ultrasound then to get a better
idea. This is very much a shock, wasn't planned, and I took 4 hpt before I
believed it. I've been a little queasy in the evenings, but other than that
I've been fine so far.

Melodie