names question

Old November 16th 03, 06:18 AM
middletree

Default names question

Thanks. We decided on Zachary David, even though it didn't mean overflowing
or abundant

"Marten G" wrote in message
. de...
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:57:19 +0000, Middletree wrote
(in message ):

if I knew I wanted
to name my kid a name which means "princess", how would I go about

finding
a list of possible names for that meaning?

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of

"abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

I put 'abundant hebrew' into Google and the top site was exactly what you
want : www.babynameaddicts.com

Old November 17th 03, 06:15 PM
multimom4

Nice name, though :-)

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old November 17th 03, 06:15 PM
multimom4

Nice name, though :-)

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old November 18th 03, 08:11 PM
chiam margalit

"Middletree" wrote in message ...
We have a new boy, to be born in early March. When discussing names, my wife
and I went through baby names books and websites, just like many people.
It was neat to learn what different names mean, but I couldn't find any information
resource which would give you possible names based on meanings. In other
words, I could find out that Sarah means "princess", but if I knew I wanted
to name my kid a name which means "princess", how would I go about finding
a list of possible names for that meaning?

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of "abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

There is a book by Kolatch called The Name Dictionary, which is a
hebrew dictionary of names. YOu can read each entry for meanings and
it also has the relationship of male/female names, plus related
sounding names. So, if you look up Rose, you'll find an entry for
Shoshana (hebrew for Rose), the male equivalent if there is one, and
related names. It also has a very in depth explanation of the meaning
and etymology of the name.

Marjorie

Old November 23rd 03, 04:10 AM
C Straka

"Andrea" wrote in message
Of course, I won't be willing to name my son Jethro, because of the
Bodine/Clampett
implications.

This thread has me chuckling about one of my sons' classmates. Cameron kept
talking about "Cletus", so I was imagining a cross-eyed child in a red
flannel plaid shirt. Turns out the kid's name is "Keidis".

Claudia (whose children have non-hillbilly names Alison, Timothy, Cameron)

Old November 23rd 03, 05:50 PM
shirley

Ok, names, names, names, my grandfather's name was Moses (of course he would
be 115 now so I guess that wasn't so unusual back then, and also my DH's
grandmother's middle name was Dorcus (from the Bible), again, we thought it
odd but she too would be about 109 now so the end of the century turned out
some interesting names. I do know a Cletus though, he's 70 something and
from the south.

Shirley

Subject: names question
From: "C Straka"
Date: Sat, Nov 22, 2003 8:10 PM

"Andrea" wrote in message
Of course, I won't be willing to name my son Jethro, because of the
Bodine/Clampett
implications.

This thread has me chuckling about one of my sons' classmates. Cameron

kept
talking about "Cletus", so I was imagining a cross-eyed child in a red
flannel plaid shirt. Turns out the kid's name is "Keidis".

Claudia (whose children have non-hillbilly names Alison, Timothy,

Cameron)

Hmmph. Cletus is my grandpa's middle name. But my great grandparents

gave
their kids some *doozy* names.

If you ever meet the kid's parents, ask them if they are big fans of the

Red
Hot Chili Peppers.

Lori
-who never watched the Beverly Hillbillies and would think of Jethro Tull
before any TV show upon hearing the name Jethro.