December due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Old April 1st 04, 06:20 PM
Mary

Default December due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

For our TTC members, how is the journey going? Need to vent, cry, yell
a bit? Feeling hopeful? Into the 2ww? Lots and lots of baby dust to
you all. I know there are lurkers as well as the visible ttc'ers here,
and some ttc'ers who are staying silent on the subject or still deciding
whether to really go for it. Everyone should feel welcome in this
community... please know that we're cheering you on with all our hearts.
Hopefully there will be some new due date updates from some of you who
have had such a long, tough haul so far.

For any new members, hello and welcome! Have you started ttc (trying to
conceive)? Feel free to send an introduction, or keep us updated as you
look for signs of the big O (ovulation) by charting your BBT (basal body
temperature), do some BD (baby dancing), cross your fingers during the
2ww (two week wait, after ovulation but before a pregnancy test will
show anything), and then hopefully send your own new due date
message out! You'll often see TCOYF referred to: it's the fabulous book
_Taking Charge of Your Fertility_ by Toni Weschler, available from
Amazon and many bookstores. It talks all about how to chart your
fertility signs, both for pregnancy and for birth control, and is an
incredibly valuable way to learn about your own body. Highly
recommended reading for anyone starting down the road to pregnancy.
Welcome to the group.

Old April 1st 04, 07:56 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:20:41 -0500, Mary wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

For our TTC members, how is the journey going?

Tough, I have provisionally been diagnosed with PCOS and recurrent
miscarriage syndrome after my third miscarriage in 6 months or so (mid
March). Any hopes of trying again this cycle have been put to rest by
prolonged bleeding and a suspected ovarian cyst causing major pain.

I see the gynaecologist at the end of April and am hoping to start on
metformin then. Meanwhile I am doing a low-carb diet and am working
on improving my chances on my own.

Megan

--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old April 1st 04, 08:15 PM
Tatjana Farkin

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:20:41 -0500, Mary wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

For our TTC members, how is the journey going?

Tough, I have provisionally been diagnosed with PCOS and recurrent
miscarriage syndrome after my third miscarriage in 6 months or so (mid
March). Any hopes of trying again this cycle have been put to rest by
prolonged bleeding and a suspected ovarian cyst causing major pain.

I see the gynaecologist at the end of April and am hoping to start on
metformin then. Meanwhile I am doing a low-carb diet and am working
on improving my chances on my own.

If you have problems getting Metformin, I've heard Verity might be able
to help. I've also been told that GPs can prescribe it on a 'named
patient basis'.
Good luck getting your prescription - and I hope LC'ing (and Met) will
work as miraculously on your cycles as it did on mine! I went from
complete anovulation to pretty regular ovulation within a few weeks.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Old April 1st 04, 08:38 PM
JennP

"Buzzy Bee" wrote in message

Tough, I have provisionally been diagnosed with PCOS and recurrent
miscarriage syndrome after my third miscarriage in 6 months or so (mid
March). Any hopes of trying again this cycle have been put to rest by
prolonged bleeding and a suspected ovarian cyst causing major pain.

I see the gynaecologist at the end of April and am hoping to start on
metformin then. Meanwhile I am doing a low-carb diet and am working
on improving my chances on my own.

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you can get to the bottom of it all
soon.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old April 1st 04, 09:09 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:15:10 +0200, "Tatjana Farkin"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
If you have problems getting Metformin, I've heard Verity might be able
to help. I've also been told that GPs can prescribe it on a 'named
patient basis'.

I have loads of info and my GP agrees its the treatment of choice for
me. I'm waiting to see what my gynae says, but if she confirms PCOS
and will not give it to me I am pretty hopeful either my GP will or
taht she will refer me to an endo for it.

I'll bear Verity in mind. I have an article from a journal to send to
my gynae, together with a load of other stuff to take along when I see
her. I have a letter drafted which I really must send this week.

Good luck getting your prescription - and I hope LC'ing (and Met) will
work as miraculously on your cycles as it did on mine! I went from
complete anovulation to pretty regular ovulation within a few weeks.

Thats reassuring. Of course this month a late O is ideal (latest I
have Oed is CD31 - which was a 280+ day cycle resulting in Seoras -
I always O at least). I'm still bleeding some so another week is
*just fine* from taht point of view!

I'm hoping LCing will decrease the miscarriage risk alone, but I'd
really like to try the metformin.

Megan

Old April 1st 04, 11:52 PM
V.

Default update and Nabothian cyst question

I'm in the 2ww! 2 days down, 12 to go...
I'm feeling encouraged because I had a positive OPK two days before temp
rise (first time I've gotten them to agree on an ovulation date!!) and we
actually managed to BD the day before, day of, and day after the pos OPK.
Plus, both DH and I have Dec birthdays, so maybe the family fertility
pattern is just good for March (my SIL has a Dec birthday and my sister has
a Nov birthday). I have a Dr appt for May, either for infertility workup or
prenatal appt! I have a few "bumps" on my cervix, one of which I know is a
Nabothian cyst, but the other two are new, so I'm getting those checked out
too. Even though my OB/GYN says the Nabothian cyst does not effect the
chances of conceiving, I have a hard time believing that because it is right
at the cervical opening and feels like it partly occludes the opening.
Anyone have experience with these cysts and whether they can prevent sperm
from entering the cervix?

Thanks,
Amy

Old April 2nd 04, 01:09 AM
silivrenglaur

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

I fall into the TTC category. Dh and i have been trying for about a year.
We will start seeing an RE soon (i think). I have very irregular cycles,
and no pattern on my bbt charts. Ive only been charting since october.

Ive been hanging out here a while, and i post occasionally, mostly a lurker
tho.

~Silivrenglaur

Old April 2nd 04, 01:18 AM
Cathy

Buzzy Bee wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:20:41 -0500, Mary wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

For our TTC members, how is the journey going?

Tough, I have provisionally been diagnosed with PCOS and recurrent
miscarriage syndrome after my third miscarriage in 6 months or so (mid
March). Any hopes of trying again this cycle have been put to rest by
prolonged bleeding and a suspected ovarian cyst causing major pain.

I see the gynaecologist at the end of April and am hoping to start on
metformin then. Meanwhile I am doing a low-carb diet and am working
on improving my chances on my own.

Megan

Sorry to hear that. I hope the LC'ing works.

Cathy

Old April 2nd 04, 03:11 AM
ModernMiko

Default December due dates, TTC'ers, and new members (M/C ment)

"Mary" wrote in message

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

*snip*

I am a little surprised, happy, and apprehensive all rolled up into one. My
m/c in Nov has me being cautious this time. I'm praying and hoping that all
goes well this time. DH is very reserved and it's hurting my feelings a bit
but at the same time I understand. I would have liked to lose a little more
weight and the Aikido is on hold. I am looking into non-contact alternatives
like Tai Chi or Chi Kung. I'm going to work as long as I can and then I hope
I can stay home for the first couple of years. We just have to be very
frugal now so I can do that when the time comes. I am happy to be part of
the group of moms-to-be and the smaller group of recent m/c who are pregnant
again. Good wishes for everyone on the newsgroup.

--
Jenn
DS 06/26/98

Old April 2nd 04, 08:55 AM
A&G&K

"ModernMiko" wrote in message

[...]

Welcome to the "smaller group" of m/c and now pg people Jenn.
Those first 12 weeks can be hard and I still check for any blood *every*
time I go to the loo. At first I was telling myself that I'd be fine when I
made it past the m/c week (9w1d) ... and then I was telling myself that I'd
feel more relaxed after 12 weeks ... and now its that I'll be relaxing after
tomorrow's morphology u/s at 20+weeks (even though I'vebeen getting lots of
little kicks for a while now).... but I really think that the nervousness
isn't gong to go away until after I give birth.

In the end, I've just tried to make sure I'm as positive as possible and
push the worry to the back of my mind.

Hopefully, you and your DH will feel more confident as the pg goes on.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003