I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old October 30th 04, 02:15 AM
Nancy P.

"Joybelle" wrote in message

I'm curious how many put your dishes in the dishwasher. Do you rinse
the

dishes before you put them in? I know some people who practically was all
their dishes before they even put them in the dishwasher. To me, if you
can't just put them in there, what's the point? But see, I've never had a
dishwasher (besides my sexy husband that is), and I haven't operated one.
can see rinsing them off quickly and placing them in, but good heavens, if
you have to break out the dishsoap or wipe 'em off you might as well be
washing them by hand it seems!

Ohhh, this is a huge peeve for me! My DH is anti dish-soaking, and he will
put things with food crusted on them into the dishwasher. They don't always
come clean, and then require scrubbing. I will rinse dishes as soon we're
done eating, and soak if necessary. And my dishwasher is only 3 years old,
so I don't think its an old vs. new dishwasher type of issue. Its not
magic, just hot water and soap shooting around.

Nancy

Old October 30th 04, 02:52 AM
Christine

I have 8 bottles and it takes me 15 min or more
to wash those as thoroughly as I want them to
be done. If I doubled the number of bottles, I
figure I'd double the amount of time. I have to
wash them every day, sometimes twice a day,
or I'd run out, too.

Nan

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````
Ok, I want to jump in here too..;-)

First of all, I went through so many different types of bottles, from
air vents - playtex...bags,,, gerber...etc...
but it turns out that I really like good ole wal-marts ( parents choice
) curved bottles..;-)
I now have a good routine, first I fill a large bowl of HOT soapy water
in the sink or by the sink, then as I use a bottle during the day, I
rinse the bottle and put it in the hot soapy water, then at night when
the bowl in full of bottles,(the water is cold by now,) . I empty the
bowl, and REfill it with more hot water and that is when I use my brush,
and clean the bottles and rinse them well, while I do that, I boil my
nipples, and I put them in the bin that I brought home from the
hospital.. and the nipples too..

as far as house keeping,

I do laundry everyday,
I try to run the sweeper everyday, at least down stairs, I (sweep) the
kitchen floor when it needs it....when its DH and me and Chloe it stays
clean, but when I have a house full it needs done a few times a day BUT
I do it once..
(thats just with a broom) I mop it once a week...

dishes everyday,,(with dishwasher)

bathrooms....I hate this part..;(

I clean the toilets everyday
I wipe out sinks and spray, and scrub the shower (the girls) shower once
a week because it is not used nearly as much as ours ( mine and DH ) I
do ours everyother day.....

shower curtain liner gets yucky, I just get new ones, they're 2
bucks,,,

I'm really fussy about fingerprints on windows or doors. so i'm ALWAYS
walking around with my glass plus..;-)

I dont dust near as much as I should..;(

then I do Chloe's clothes separate in ?????
Oh crap I cant think of her detergent...oh, ya know the pink
jug??????..well, anyhow, I know I dont =91=91have=92=92 to wash them
separate, but I do, I like how the ????? makes her clothes smell and I
feel better knowing its gentle on her skin...
I sometimes wash my clothes in it too....it smells so good,
but it doesnt get the bigger kids chothes clean..so I use tide on all
the other loads....
with I could think of the name of the detergent...lol...i'll have to go
look..

then I bath Chloe everyday,
then I bath myself and do my make-up and hair, hell, by the time i'm
done with all that its time to cook dinner, clean up, make more bottles,
(guilty) chloe is formula fed..!!!

then I get her ready for bed,
she has play time, when her big sissy is here, she plays till 10:00 then
big Sissy reads her a bedtime story and they both go to sleep around
10:00

then after she falls asleep I find some time for DH....IYKWIM...

then..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So, that is my day, Oh, yeah, I check in and out of MKP through out the
day too..;-)

this is my =91=91Normal=92=92 day....=91=91somedays=92=92 I just clean
up the kitchen and clean me and chloe and spend the rest of the day on
the couch....lol...

But I know when chloe crawls and walks i'm going to HAVE to be cleaner!
especially about the floors.....

Ok, just thought I'd share my days..

Old October 30th 04, 03:13 AM
Leslie

how do you all hand wash your dishes?

Hand wash? What's that?

I don't hand wash anything. I usually don't even scrub things out. I have
great faith in the ability of my dishwasher to get things clean enough, and if
it doesn't, it gets another try. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 30th 04, 04:41 AM
Pip

"Leslie" wrote in message
how do you all hand wash your dishes?

Hand wash? What's that?

I don't hand wash anything. I usually don't even scrub things out. I

have
great faith in the ability of my dishwasher to get things clean enough,

and if
it doesn't, it gets another try. :-)

Leslie

LOL that's my trick. The other week I put my mothers enamel pie dish
through 4 times as the same spot just wouldn't come off. In the end I had a
real close look at the spot and realised it was a rust spot not food

Also I don't own anything that isn't dishwasher safe. if it can't cope with
the dishwasher then we never buy that item again.

Pip

Old October 30th 04, 04:46 AM
Leslie

The other week I put my mothers enamel pie dish
through 4 times as the same spot just wouldn't come off.

LOL, Pip, you sound just like me!!

Old October 30th 04, 04:47 AM
Leslie

Kathy said:

I'm going to be testing this; I've had a cleaning lady for a couple of
years now, but she's moving and I've decided to see if I can live with
missing the therapy of coming home to a sparkly house one day out of
every two weeks.

We used to have someone who came once a week, then we cut back to twice a
month, then once a month, and now just whenever it gets so out of hand that we
can't stand it, if we can afford it at the time. I have NOT gotten used to it
and if I had the money you better believe I'd have her back here every week!

Old October 30th 04, 05:28 AM
Kelly

I grew up in Eugene.

Did you or are you "new" to the area?

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Jenrose" wrote in message

"Leslie" wrote in message
From my house I have a choice of 8-9 coffee places (of which
several are high end corporate coffee joints) and 5 large parks within 3
miles. Sadly, the coffee places are within a mile from my house

Oh, I am jealous of you! The only coffee within walking distance is at
the gas
station down the hill. :-) I forgot to mention, however, that I can

walk
to my
OBs office and to the hospital if I should wish! (I don't see myself
walking
there in labor, but I have walked there many times to visit people!)

In Eugene, you can't spit without hitting a drive-through espresso joint.
There's a Starbucks, I think, but it is not very popular with most of the
coffee drinkers I know. Oddly enough, most of the Starbucks in the area

are
actually located in supermarkets. The places people go to that I know are
mostly drive-through local-chain type kiosks, and there are zillions of
them. One per block in some areas. Most places serve coffee drinks even if
they aren't drive-thru---our public library has a coffee shop in the

lobby!

Oddly enough, I'm not a coffee drinker. Fortunately they do have soymilk
steamers. G

Jenrose

Old October 30th 04, 06:01 AM
Kelly

Nope, that is how I do it. I don't like a sink full of water for some
reason. It probably uses less water, but I do it like you. Pots and Pans
last.

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Okay, so this is making me curious -- how do you all hand wash your

dishes?
I think I'm the only person in my family who does it this way, and now I'm
wondering if I'm the only person on the planet...

Rather than fill the sink with soapy water, I squirt dishsoap directly on
the scrubby sponge, and then soap up each individual item, be it a glass,
utensil, plate, etc. After they are soaped and scrubbed, I rinse them and
put them into the rack to dry. I add more soap often, and always start
washing the least dirty/greasy items first, so the sponge doesn't get
clogged with gunk. I always do the pots and pans last, and add more soap

as
I go. The only time I put any water in the sink is if I have a large item
that needs to soak -- other than that, I'll fill the specific pan or bowl
that needs soaking, and let it soak while I wash the other stuff. I

believe
that my dishes get cleaner this way, and it seems to go very quickly. I
know people who always have soapy water in their sinks, but I get heebed

out
by cold dirty soapy water. Blech.

So, anyone else out there wash dishes in any other way?
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Fill sink with very hot soapy water. Put bottles in. Scrub each one out.
Scrub all nipples and caps. Yes, I used a bottle brush. Yes, I used

soap.
But to get them clean enough for my standards, it took 45 minutes to

wash
the 18 or so bottles he used in two days.

Jenrose

Old October 30th 04, 06:46 AM
Jenrose

#4 2/12/05

Moved here in 1994... was in Roseburg before that.

Jenrose