Roll Call and Updates :)

Old October 29th 06, 04:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Roll Call and Updates :)

Nikki wrote:
Slow board. Lets see how everyone is doing!!

We are doing great. I've been posting since I nursed my first/Hunter.
Hunter is now 7yo and Luke is 5yo. They haven't nursed in years but I have
the twins now so I'm still around!

Ben and Brock are still nursing - yay! At their 6mo appt. Brock was 20lb
and Ben was 16lbs. IIRC Brock was 28 1/4" and Ben was 27 1/4" so both are
really long. Ben is in constant motion so I know why he is skinny He'll
be crawling soon. Brock is mellow. I doubt he'll be crawling anytime soon.
They have such different personality types. It is fun. Brock sleeps
through about 70% of the time but Ben is up 2-3 times a night. yawn They
are both enjoying their solids. I haven't had to give any bottles when I'm
not working. I was worried I would have to because they drink more then I
pump and they were getting fussy on the weekends. I think they had a growth
spurt and so have settled down a bit and they get more solids on the
weekends so that helps keep them content too.

Angelina will be 4months next week. She's taking more bottles during
the day which is huge relief but still nursing a lot at night. Now
she's eating more I have to pump more!
she's up 2-3 times at night but no big deal. She was 11lbs 11oz and
61cm long 2 weeks ago.

Old October 30th 06, 12:05 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Melissa

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:5LednQpTSL7wGt7YnZ2dnUVZ_r2dnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
Oh, another baby!! Congratulations!! Are you finding out if it is a boy or
a girl before hand or waiting for the surprise? I'm impressed that you
are still nursing. Lucky Connor! I thought nursing while pregnant was
the pits.

Thanks! And yep found out it's another boy Will make getting ready
easier! Also it's a good thing I didn't go nuts and buy the fluffy girl
cloth diapers I'd been oogling over. We've done pretty well nursing while
pregnant, a little supply drop but nothing too badly. Except the last
couple of days he's been nursing like crazy! Someone told me there's an 18
month growth spurt though, which would make sense with his eating everything
in sight and actually sleeping this morning (never been much of a sleeper).

Melissa
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Old October 30th 06, 12:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Amethyst Deceiver

Nikki wrote:

How is everyone else?

YoungBloke is 3. Three! How did that happen?

He is still nursing - first thing in the morning at the breakfast table, at
nap-time at weekends, and at bed-time. He sometimes gets "mummy mok" at
other times depending - if another child is nursing I rarely refuse him, if
he's hurt himself or is otherwise upset there's a good chance. If he wakes
during the night and wants "mummy mok in bed" fine. But not if he's bored!
He's actually increased the amount he wants to nurse recently and I'm not
sure why.

He weighs about 13kg and is about 88cm tall, so he's small for his age, so
he's being investigated for coeliac disease which both I and my mother have.
Gastroscopy tomorrow! He eats a good varied diet, especially at nursery
(peer pressure works) and his overall health is good although he's currently
on iron for anaemia - one symptom of coeliac in children.

YoungBloke is generally a happy, smily contented little boy. He's not as
bright as most of my friends' children but I have friends with very bright
children - YB isn't slow! I think he's probably average, developmentally,
but that's no bad thing. There can be a lot of pressure to continue to
achieve when you start off bright!

He's not toilet-trained yet. Thankfully the nursery he attends is quite laid
back about it and so are we. I think one reason he's not showing any signs
is that he really doesn't know when he's about to poo, because of his dodgy
gut. So a diagnosis and new diet might help there. If necessary, we'll use
our two-week Christmas break to do big-boy pants and lots of mopping and
washing!

He's going to be an only, so while part of me's ready to finish BF, part of
me's happy to keep going till he wants to stop.
--
YoungBloke: 3 years, 88cm, 13kg months and still BF

Old October 30th 06, 01:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

Will is 17 months old, about 9kg (or 20lbs), in a cot in his own room
(since about a month ago) and only waking once or twice before sunrise
- FINALLY! DH gets up to him overnight if he needs to, but any wakings
after 3 or 4 am gets him a spot in the big bed with us and he feeds
once then, and then sometimes on waking for the day around 7am (on a
good day). During the day he will breastfeed about 2-4 times. More if
he's sick or bored or upset or whatever.

He is a little, blue eyed, blond bombshell - he NEVER stops. He climbs
up and onto everything, runs miles a day, and has this weird shuffling
he does lately.

His vocabulary is improving every day. He has just learned to say his
own name (wei-uw), is obsessed with 'carkeys' closely followed by
'door'. He 'helps' me sweep the floor, rocks on his rocking elephant,
throws balls, feeds the dogs, waters the garden, kisses with mouth
closed (phew!) and gives lovely strong hugs with arms around my neck.

We are thinking of another baby next year, but honestly, Will requires
so much of our attention, I don't think he'd be ready to share just yet!

Exhausting, empowering, loving, joyful Motherhood

Jo

--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife

Old October 30th 06, 03:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

"Nikki" wrote and I snipped:
Slow board. Lets see how everyone is doing!!

We are doing great. I've been posting since I nursed my first/Hunter.
Hunter is now 7yo and Luke is 5yo. They haven't nursed in years but I
have the twins now so I'm still around!

Ben and Brock are still nursing - yay! At their 6mo appt. Brock was 20lb
and Ben was 16lbs. snip

How is everyone else?

Nikki, Your boys sound great. Thanks for asking about us.

SD-Victoria is in her last year of high school and writing her college
applications. Her major activity lately has been the school marching band.
DD-Corinne is 8.5 and DS-Nathan is 6. They're doing great: bright, active
in soccer, lots of friends.

DD nursed 22 months until I was 5 months pregnant with DS. He nursed until
his 4th birthday. I have such fond memories. I now hand out business cards
with my name and number for breastfeeding and new mom support. I get such a
kick out of helping other moms. I guess that's why I'm still here! I feel
like I'm recycling hard-won knowledge.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old October 30th 06, 04:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

He weighs about 13kg and is about 88cm tall, so he's small for his age, so
he's being investigated for coeliac disease which both I and my mother
have. Gastroscopy tomorrow! He eats a good varied diet, especially at
nursery (peer pressure works) and his overall health is good although he's
currently on iron for anaemia - one symptom of coeliac in children.

He's not toilet-trained yet. Thankfully the nursery he attends is quite
laid back about it and so are we. I think one reason he's not showing any
signs is that he really doesn't know when he's about to poo, because of
his dodgy gut. So a diagnosis and new diet might help there. If necessary,
we'll use our two-week Christmas break to do big-boy pants and lots of
mopping and washing!

Nathanael is similar in size, well, lighter and slightly taller, which makes
him look even skinner, we were concerned about stuff like celiac disease,
but he had no bowel symptoms like YB, we've had the tests done, but for some
reason haven't had the results, so we presume they are ok and that the
promised letter will arrive sometime! What people kept telling us was that
he'll have a growth spurt sometime between 3 and 4 and it was true, starting
late August, he really picked up on his eating and has definitely put a
little more fat on, but he's still not 13kg, but he lurked around 11kg for
so long, it's a big jump for him. At least you will know what to do if he
does turn out to have celiac disease, but I'm crossing my fingers that he
doesn't.

Anne

Old October 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Amethyst Deceiver wrote:
Nikki wrote:

[...]

FWIW - our 3yr old nephew is also not toilet trained, but I think it's
more due to pure stubbornness on his part than any other physiological
issue. he keeps saying he's still a baby and doesn't want to, although
he hates having a dirty diaper.

Old October 30th 06, 07:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Joybelle

"Nikki" wrote in message
Slow board. Lets see how everyone is doing!!

We are doing great. I've been posting since I nursed my first/Hunter.
Hunter is now 7yo and Luke is 5yo. They haven't nursed in years but I
have the twins now so I'm still around!

Your boys all sound like they are doing wonderfully.

How is everyone else?

Grant turned one at the end of September. He's still nursing, and he's
finally very interested in foods. Which is good and scary. Due to his sb
issues, constipation is a common occurence, so I'm trying to stay on top of
that and make sure he doesn't get too backed up. Right now, I'm feeding him
prunes to keep things going, but he's a big bread fan. I'm not able to get
a lot of water down him, but we're working on it. He caused quite a bit of
drama this month after fracturing his distal tibia. 4 out of 7 days were
spent at a doctor trying to pinpoint what was going on, but he's been okay
since we got things figured out.

Grant is also getting more and more mobile. He can commando crawl super
fast, but he's now been getting to his hands and knees and going forward.
He's also pulling up to his knees on the bottom step and yelling, "UP!" He
has PT once a week, and he now has a vertical stander to increase his bone
density and hopefully getting him to bear weight in a standing position.
He's pretty amazing.

The 3 yo is at home with us, and he's a bundle of energy. I've been playing
catch with him, and shame on me, it's in the house. LOL Both of us are
having fun, though, and getting some exercise. He's Grandpa's buddy and
tags along with him whenever Grandpa is over fixing fence or whatever.

The 5 yo started kindergarten this year, and it sounds like she's doing
great. She comes home with the cutest stories, and her teacher seems to
think she's doing very well.

The 7 yo is the mouthiest little girl who makes me fear the teen years.
We're working on it. She's in second grade, and she's thriving with the
teacher she has this year. She is loving math and reading.

Things were really, really busy the last three months, but it looks like
it'll slow down here for a little while. Other than the holidays, I guess!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
Grant 9-05 www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip

Old October 30th 06, 08:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larissa In Aus

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:43:25 -0500, Nikki wrote:

Slow board. Lets see how everyone is doing!!

I just hang about because I can't help myself! I am interested in
breastfeeding.

Interestingly my DD2 who weaned back in February has shown interest again
and now is attaching and having a quick suck about once a day. I think it
is a comfort thing. She just likes to know it is still there, there is
still a little milk. I think she sees that she is moving on from babyhood,
no more nappies/diapers and she wants to keep still a small piece of this
part of her life.

just my theory.

Larissa
Mum to DD 7, DS 5 & DD2 almost 3
Old October 30th 06, 11:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irene

Nikki wrote:
Slow board. Lets see how everyone is doing!!

Argh - I wrote a whole nice long reply, and google ate it. And now I
need to leave to pick up dd...but, long story short, dd is still
nursing at 2.5, hasn't quite transitioned to the potty or her big girl
bed, and is starting the terrible 2's, but is also quite adorable and
fun. Ds is 5 (weaned at about the same age dd is now!), and is
adjusting to kindy and just finished fall soccer. He will probably
start meeting with the school social worker to work on social skills,
after parent-teacher conferences that happen shortly. We've been in
close contact with his teacher, who thinks he is very bright and
doesn't want to crush his spirit, thankfully.

Anyhow, gotta go!

Irene