Girl Scouts and their evil cookies

Old February 8th 10, 08:03 AM posted to misc.kids,soc.culture.usa
Frito Pendejo

Default Girl Scouts and their evil cookies

George Orwell wrote:
I'm calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies.

Exploitation of children by the cookie-manufacturing corporation(s).
Unethical selling practices
Sub-standard cookies

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing little girls peddling the so-called
"Girl Scout" cookies all over the place.
These girls should be in school getting a proper education, not peddling
some corporation's cookies to make a buck for some organization to get a
small cut in return.
If this were going on in some other country, some American will be
crying "Child Labor!".

It may be child labor, but hardly any worse than the chocolate bars
schoolchildren are forced to peddle to pay for sports equipment, band
instruments, art supplies, etc.

While I normally don't buy Girl Scout cookies, I was pretty much forced
to several years ago. I was smoking a bowl on my front porch when a
fancy Jaguar pulled up and a snotty little rich girl got out and
approached me. I was pretty sure she could smell the weed, so I bought
three boxes just to make her happy so she wouldn't nark on me. Anyway,
Girl Scout cookies go great with pot and milk.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
"Then there was the smart cookie who made her fortune peddling Girl Scouts."
-- Unknown
Old January 21st 11, 02:10 AM
jdk1970 jdk1970 is offline
Junior Member

Not sure I understand the child labor point.
Old March 2nd 11, 07:08 AM
King XII King XII is offline
Banned

Its an awesome and marvelous sharing
really outstanding work done
Old March 10th 11, 06:21 AM
alp12ha alp12ha is offline
Junior Member

This is very nice and informative post.
I hope in future you share more useful information.
Old March 17th 11, 08:14 AM
Mark_ferguson77 Mark_ferguson77 is offline
Banned

IT is a very informative & very useful post.
I like it.Deserves appreciation.
Old December 13th 11, 05:33 AM
Acalsesurburl Acalsesurburl is offline
Banned

Location: Laos
Send a message via ICQ to Acalsesurburl

anything at all else - they're going to last you a number of winters, and will generally keep on being in style, as a result saving you the north face clothing how long they should wash will be to sing the "Happy Birthday" track twice.
Old January 29th 15, 09:52 PM
barmansheep barmansheep is offline
Junior Member

Every girl scout I bought cookies from, seemed to really enjoy selling them, so I hardly see it as labor. Particularly after it gives them a sense of accomplishment and self-confidence.