The Prenatal Yoga Deck

Old January 29th 04, 02:04 PM
Whit6176

Default The Prenatal Yoga Deck

I have this deck, got it as a gift. I've only used it 3 or 4 times in
the morning, but I like it. They are easy to understand, have
illustrations on one side and the explanation on the other. The chants
they tell you to say are silly, so I don't use those.

EDD 5/10/04
Old January 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Sophie

"Whit6176" wrote in message
om...
I have this deck, got it as a gift. I've only used it 3 or 4 times in
the morning, but I like it. They are easy to understand, have
illustrations on one side and the explanation on the other. The chants
they tell you to say are silly, so I don't use those.

EDD 5/10/04

Oh I'm glad you said it's easy. It looks a little complicated at first
glance.

Old January 29th 04, 06:57 PM
Larry McMahan

Sophie writes:

: Yeah I want it for stretching, etc....not really for meditating. Hardly my
: thing - lol.

Taking this comment as an opportunity to follow up on another comment about
my book recommendation being to "new agey." :-)

A lot of people commonly think of meditation as some wierd esoteric eastern
spiritual practice where you have to have some (sorry) "new agey) mind-set.

Stretching and meditation, when used properly are really two sides of the
same coin. The whole point is to learn to relax. Stretching the muscles
forces them to relax phyically (you can't tense a muscle when you are
stretching it!). Meditation is just a word for consciously causing your
MIND to relax your body. The whole point is to learn to relax, whether
you do it with your body or your mind.

Don't get hung up on an overloaded word. :-)

Larry
Old January 29th 04, 07:16 PM
Maggie

Sophie spake thusly

"Maggie" wrote in message
Sorry for jumping in without introducing myself - have been lurking for
some time. 37-year-old Kiwi due 28 April with #1 and all seems to be
going well so far.

Nice to *meet* you. Thanks for replying. One of my best friends is a Kiwi
(here in the States) from Hamilton

Thanks! We seem to get around a bit
--
Maggie
Old January 30th 04, 02:23 PM
Mary S.

Maggie wrote:

Sorry for jumping in without introducing myself - have been lurking for
some time. 37-year-old Kiwi due 28 April with #1 and all seems to be
going well so far.

Welcome, and congratulations! Jump in any time.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

Old January 30th 04, 08:23 PM
Maggie

Mary S. spake thusly
Maggie wrote:
Sorry for jumping in without introducing myself - have been lurking
for some time. 37-year-old Kiwi due 28 April with #1 and all seems to
going well so far.

Welcome, and congratulations! Jump in any time.

Thanks, and likewise congratulations
--
Maggie
Old January 31st 04, 01:15 AM
H Schinske

Larry ) wrote:

Meditation is just a word for consciously causing your
MIND to relax your body. The whole point is to learn to relax, whether
you do it with your body or your mind.

Don't get hung up on an overloaded word. :-)

I agree with Larry.

--Helen, who doesn't usually ditto posts, but once in a way ...

Old January 31st 04, 10:02 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Maggie" wrote in message

Sorry for jumping in without introducing myself - have

been lurking for
some time. 37-year-old Kiwi due 28 April with #1 and all

seems to be
going well so far.

Hi Maggie I'm also a Kiwi, living in Wellington (where it's
torrential at the moment and I have a massive amount of
washing to get dried...sigh)
Congrats on your pregnancy :-)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old February 1st 04, 10:44 AM
Maggie

Taniwha grrrl spake thusly

Hi Maggie I'm also a Kiwi, living in Wellington (where it's
torrential at the moment and I have a massive amount of
washing to get dried...sigh)
Congrats on your pregnancy :-)

Hi Andrea, and thanks for the welcome I know what you mean about the
rain... I'm in Welly too. Today I tried out our new clothes dryer for
the very first time...woohoo! It was our first 'baby-related' purchase.
--
Maggie
Old February 1st 04, 08:56 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Maggie" wrote in message

Hi Andrea, and thanks for the welcome I know what you

mean about the
rain... I'm in Welly too.

You too, wow there are about 3 or 4 from Wellington that
post here now. That's quite some achievement for a little
town from downunder :-)
Can you believe the rain is even WORSE today! I nearly
didn't send my kids to school. They catch the school bus and
we live in Akatarawa valley (near Staglands) and the road
has bad slips when it rains like this so I was nervous
sending them.

Today I tried out our new clothes dryer for
the very first time...woohoo! It was our first

'baby-related' purchase.

I've been using mine too, but it has a tough job keeping up
with all my washing. I have 11 children and it gets huge
very quickly if I can't get it dried.
Baby shopping is fun, do you have much to get?