Postive thoughts for Nan, please!

Old April 10th 04, 02:20 AM
Mary Gordon

Default Postive thoughts for Nan, please!

Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

Mary G.
Old April 10th 04, 02:48 AM
Alpha

She had her staples removed Wednesday (she had a
c-section on March 31) and her incision *completely* opened up while in
the pharmacy getting her medication.

Oh my gosh, what a horror! I'll keep her in my thoughts.

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn
Old April 10th 04, 03:37 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Mary Gordon wrote:

Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

I had those as well. Actually, I requested the dissolving stitches
because I cringed at the thought of being "stapled." They also did a
few rows internally before the outside was stitched.

I teared up reading her dh's post. Terrifying would be a most proper
description.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/isabellazora/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old April 10th 04, 04:26 AM
Daye

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:31:47 -0700, DeliciousTruffles
wrote:

I think she needs as many positive thoughts as we can muster right now.

With all that I have been going through, I just told my husband when
you think you life is total ****, it can be a hell of a lot worst. I
can't imagine what she is going through. My incision opening was
always a fear of mine.

I will not only be thinking of her, I will also say a prayer or two.
I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old April 10th 04, 05:22 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

Mary Gordon wrote:

Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

I had those as well. Actually, I requested the dissolving stitches
because I cringed at the thought of being "stapled." They also did a
few rows internally before the outside was stitched.

I teared up reading her dh's post. Terrifying would be a most proper
description.

Hate to post a me too post, but can't help it - the tears happened here,
too. Still happens, actually. I can only imagine myself in her shoes,
and terrifying would definitely be the word, for sure. I'm just so glad
that the pharmacist had called an ambulance for her.

This scares me, though, since there's a possibility that I might have to
have a c-section. Makes me think that if I have to have one, I'll
demand the dissolving sutures. I'm sure I would be able to specify in
advance.

Old April 10th 04, 05:24 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

Mary Gordon wrote:

Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

I had those as well. Actually, I requested the dissolving stitches
because I cringed at the thought of being "stapled." They also did a
few rows internally before the outside was stitched.

I teared up reading her dh's post. Terrifying would be a most proper
description.

One more thing is that it must have been absolutely horrifying for her
husband to see her running out like that. (I went looking at
alt.mothers and IIRC he was in the car and saw her come out, clutching
her abdomen) That poor guy. He's in my thoughts, too.

Old April 10th 04, 05:45 AM
Jill

"Daye" wrote
My incision opening was
always a fear of mine.

\

However slim they say the chances are, this is why I have a terrible phobia
of abdominal surgery...and am terrified of needing a c-section. It's not the
pain that scares me, it's this. Well really, any kind of surgery that this
could happen with, worries me.

Old April 10th 04, 06:16 AM
Amy

OMG! What a horrifying thing for her and her family to deal with. I hope
she's healed and able to come home soon.

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
Her DH just posted over at alt.mothers that there has been a
complication with Nan. She had her staples removed Wednesday (she had a
c-section on March 31) and her incision *completely* opened up while in
the pharmacy getting her medication. She was taken back to hospital by
ambulance and is still there. They don't know when she will be released.

Old April 10th 04, 07:09 AM
ModernMiko

"Alpha" wrote in message
ink.net...
She had her staples removed Wednesday (she had a
c-section on March 31) and her incision *completely* opened up while in
the pharmacy getting her medication.

Oh my gosh, what a horror! I'll keep her in my thoughts.

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn

I am sending many prayers her way! I cannot even imagine how horrifying that
was...

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98