child support modification help

Old November 6th 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default child support modification help

I have a court date to modify my child support order. I have two
cases and I
filed for a modification because I married and have two more kids
with my
wife. I can't take care if my two kids that live with me and my wife
and pay
$1,700 a month (one case $643.00 othet $1086
00)in child support. Does anybody know what usually happens at
these things when the CP does not have a lawywer?
I want it lowered because I have two more kids. The case is in
Maryland, and
I haven't realy been paying. Any help, or advice?

Old November 6th 07, 03:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a court date to modify my child support order. I have two
cases and I
filed for a modification because I married and have two more kids
with my
wife. I can't take care if my two kids that live with me and my wife
and pay
$1,700 a month (one case $643.00 othet $1086
00)in child support. Does anybody know what usually happens at
these things when the CP does not have a lawywer?
I want it lowered because I have two more kids. The case is in
Maryland, and
I haven't realy been paying. Any help, or advice?

Typically a judge will not reduce previously ordered CS obligations unless
you have a significant change of circumstances and have lots of proof.
Having a subsequent family is not a significant change of circumstance. If
you have not been paying your previous CS orders you are going into court
without "clean hands." If you don't have an attorney, the judge will play
games with you and interrupt you constantly in attempts to through you off
track. You need to go into court prepared to stand your ground and cite
state laws and case law to back up your case. If you don't, you will get
screwed.

Old November 6th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

I have a court date to modify my child support order. I have two
cases and I
filed for a modification because I married and have two more kids
with my
wife. I can't take care if my two kids that live with me and my wife
and pay
$1,700 a month (one case $643.00 othet $1086
00)in child support. Does anybody know what usually happens at
these things when the CP does not have a lawywer?
I want it lowered because I have two more kids. The case is in
Maryland, and
I haven't realy been paying. Any help, or advice?

What Bob has said is basically the way it is!

Here's what you can do in the mean time to keep them off your back, do pay
something on both accounts!

Personally I would try to pay $400 on each account if you can afford that,
this will show you are bargaining on good faith and if they eventually hall
you into court some years from now, you have demonstrated that you paid to
the best of your ability as the other 2 children need feeding too.

At this point, going for a downward motion is a waste of time and money!

Old November 6th 07, 12:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

DB wrote:
wrote in

[...]

I don't want to pay it. I have spent the last 5 years avoiding
payment.As soon as child support catches up with my job, I quit. I've
never gone to jail for it. I just want them to lower it. Do you think
they'll lower the 2nd case that is 1086 a month?

Old November 6th 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Sarah Gray

wrote:
DB wrote:
wrote in

[...]

If you aren't going to pay it anyhow, why have it lowered?

--

Sarah Gray
Old November 6th 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

wrote in message
ups.com...

DB wrote:
wrote in

[...]

===
Probably not if you haven't been paying it. The court takes the position
that if you aren't paying
the ordered support, it must not be high enough. Yep. If you get behind,
they usually raise it.

Old November 6th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Gini wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

DB wrote:
wrote in

[...]

I have two seperate cases. I want the 2nd case lowered at least. $1086 is a lot of money. The first kid is only 643 a month.

Old November 6th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

I want the 2nd case lowered at least. $1086 is a lot of money. The first
kid is only 643 a month.

Only $643?????? That's still a lot of dosh!

What's your monthly income, does your wife work too?

Old November 6th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

DB wrote:
wrote in

I want the 2nd case lowered at least. $1086 is a lot of money. The first
kid is only 643 a month.

Only $643?????? That's still a lot of dosh!

What's your monthly income, does your wife work too?

She works too, but her income isn't factored in. I was making 3500 a
month. I quit when child support caught up. Now I make 12 an hour, so
I also need it lowered because I'm not making a lot now.
My olests kids mom ****ed me off so I told her to take me to court and
she did. I should have stuck with a pack of diapers, and a can of
formula each week, but I thought I was hurting her when I refused to
help out. She could have got me for 1200 a month, but she settled for
1/2 of daycare, 1/4 of the food bill, and Insurance which came up to
$600 a month, and then $43 for arrears. My ex wife, she is a ****.
That whore tried to break me. I hooked up with her to make my kids mom
mad, the bitch told me she was on the pill, next thing I know I got
another kid. I married that bitch to get my first kid's mother mad,
but she only cares about my son, and herself.
I still feel butterflies when I see her. I'm kind of looking forward
to the court date cause I hope she'll be there. I'm also dreading it
because I know my ex wife will be there. I hate that whore.

Old November 7th 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.child-support
Wedding Piper

wrote in message
ps.com...

DB wrote:
wrote in

[...]

SO whydo youwant tostart paying now if you haven't paid in 5 years?

What is the court date for?