UK Paternaty Pay - how generous is your employer?

Old March 15th 05, 05:10 PM

Default UK Paternaty Pay - how generous is your employer?

I am expecting my first child in June and have enquired about what
paternity payment I will get.

It turns out that I get the statuatory 2 weeks at =A3100 and my employer
will subsidise the first week to make it up to my normal pay. (ie I get
one week off at full pay, if I want the other then I get =A3100 for the
second week)

I know that it was only a couple of years ago that any kind of
paternaty leave was introduced, but I am interested in how this
compares with other large UK companies (especially retail)

..=2E.please let me know if your company exceeds/falls short of this level
paternaty.

Many thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Old March 15th 05, 05:23 PM
Robert Powell

My employer is much better than that.

100% pay first week
90% pay second week

Any other time over those two weeks can be added from holiday allotment if
requested, with no problems.

Company is a large IT based one though

Regards

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am expecting my first child in June and have enquired about what
paternity payment I will get.

It turns out that I get the statuatory 2 weeks at £100 and my employer
will subsidise the first week to make it up to my normal pay. (ie I get
one week off at full pay, if I want the other then I get £100 for the

Old March 15th 05, 06:41 PM
xbox snippets dot com

My wifes employer gives :

90 % for the first six weeks, then it drops a bit I forget what to/

Simon

Old March 16th 05, 05:55 AM
Mamma Mia

my dh's in aus a day or two off, that is all. he is allowed to take some
holidays, gets 4 weeks pa of those

oups.com...

Old March 16th 05, 08:56 AM
Linz

"xbox snippets dot com" wrote in message
k...
My wifes employer gives :

90 % for the first six weeks, then it drops a bit I forget what
to/

Isn't that maternity pay? The OP asked about paternity pay.

Old March 16th 05, 08:58 AM
Linz

wrote in message
roups.com...

I am expecting my first child in June and have enquired about what
paternity payment I will get.

I work in a university, and the standard paternity pay is two weeks at
full pay. Which is pretty generous. Also, they like you to take at
least one of those weeks straight after the birth, but you can take
the rest up to 56 days later, so you can split the leave and take some
when you may find it more helpful - can't speak for anyone else, but
my Mum came to stay when the baby born, for a fortnight, so I didn't
need OldBloke at home as well. However, two months later when we
wanted to do a "round Britain tour of the families" the week came in
very handy!

Old March 16th 05, 07:57 PM
Portia

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am expecting my first child in June and have enquired about what
paternity payment I will get.

It turns out that I get the statuatory 2 weeks at £100 and my employer
will subsidise the first week to make it up to my normal pay. (ie I get
one week off at full pay, if I want the other then I get £100 for the
second week)

I know that it was only a couple of years ago that any kind of
paternaty leave was introduced, but I am interested in how this
compares with other large UK companies (especially retail)

....please let me know if your company exceeds/falls short of this level
paternaty.

Many thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Mr DH (American based company) would have had two weeks at £100. This would
have had such an impact on our income (as my maternity pay was also a bit
woeful) that he only took one week off.

Love
Portia
xxx

Old March 17th 05, 10:09 PM
xbox snippets dot com

"Linz" wrote in message

"xbox snippets dot com" wrote in message
k...
My wifes employer gives :

90 % for the first six weeks, then it drops a bit I forget what
to/

Isn't that maternity pay? The OP asked about paternity pay.

OOps

in that case then two weeks at 90 %

Simon