bunk beds

Old July 30th 07, 09:30 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers

Default bunk beds

for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

Cheers

Anne

Old July 30th 07, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

On Jul 30, 4:30 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

In the U.S., at least near major cities, one can buy almost anything
inexpensively on CraigsList, which is where my frugal wife has found
our room air conditioners and couch. One can scan ads and/or post an
ad for free. I don't know if the same is true of the U.K.

Old July 30th 07, 10:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Laura Faussone

Anne Rogers wrote:
for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

We ended up getting ours at efurniturehouse.com, they have
several models that come apart into two beds and their prices
aren't too bad compared to furniture stores. The only thing I
didn't like was that delivery was delayed a few times.

If you don't mind used, I think the craigslist suggestion is a
good one.

Laura

Old July 30th 07, 10:31 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Beliavsky wrote:
[...]

sorry, I wasn't clear, we do live in the US, but we are British, when
we'd previously looked for bunkbeds, it was there, but we didn't buy
because we knew we were moving.

Anne
Old July 31st 07, 01:49 PM posted to misc.kids
lisabell

On Jul 30, 11:30 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

Cheers

Anne

We have this one from Ikea : http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70045383
which appears to be available in the US too. It can be constructed
into two twin beds but we are currently using it as a bunk and are
very pleased with it. One of the features I like is that it is quite
tall so that I (or DH) can sit upright on the bottom bunk while
putting our youngest to bed without banging our heads. We did have to
buy mattresses as well but it didn't come out too dear, and since the
beds are a reasonable size we expect to make use of them for several
years, either as a bunk or as twins.

Old July 31st 07, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jul 30, 3:30 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

Cheers

Anne

Found this at walmart.com.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5733502

I've seen another model which looks very sturdy in walmart store
locally (Texas) for $200. I couldn't find it online.

Old August 1st 07, 01:12 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

great, thanks, I'd looked on walmart.com, but for some reason hadn't
found anything, the shipping also appears pretty reasonable on this one,
I've also found one at this price in Fred Meyer, but I'm not sure if
they do delivery and if they do, how much it would cost. It doesn't
actually say what size mattress is needed, but I found it on other sites
and whilst it still doesn't say, one place has a link to a mattress that
fits and it is standard twin.

Cheers
Anne
Old August 2nd 07, 05:47 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jul 30, 1:53 pm, Beliavsky wrote:
In the U.S., at least near major cities, one can buy almost anything
inexpensively on CraigsList, which is where my frugal wife has found
our room air conditioners and couch. One can scan ads and/or post an
ad for free. I don't know if the same is true of the U.K.

We got our bunkbeds off craigslist a few months ago; they're the kind
that un-bunk into two twins. Anne, you're in Seattle, right?
Definitely check it out. Good solid bunk beds are pretty expensive.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

Old August 2nd 07, 09:29 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

I know you plan to someday take the bunks apart, but I'm mom of three
(2 boys one girl), and we have two sets of bunks (each of the boys has
a set). The boys started off in the same bedroom, but when we got to
the point where the boys could each have their own room, we got a
second set of bunks, since sleep overs are so popular, and we found
the bunks gave us options for where people could sleep.

We also have bunks at our cottage. The ones we like the best have lots
of headroom on the bottom - a ladder with flat horizonal rungs so they
don't kill your feet climbing up, and a double on the bottom, single
on the top. We've used them for guests as well as kids.

Our oldest son (now 16), has a bunk that is a single on the top,
double futon on the bottom, which folds into a couch. Great for a teen
room, for socializing with friends and sitting on to study or read,
and again, spot for overnight guests etc.

M.

Old August 3rd 07, 03:29 AM posted to misc.kids
Kim[_2_]

On Jul 30, 1:30 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
for ages, we have planned to buy bunk beds, our house in the UK was
small, so twin beds in the kids room wouldn't have worked, plus we'd
seen some at reasonble prices, fast forward 9 months and we're now
seeing distinct signs that DD needs to be out of the cot, so we're
looking for bunk beds, but they all seem so expensive and don't come
with matresses, so that will add to the cost. Does anyone have any
ideas for where we might find some reasonably priced? We really want
the type that you can take apart and have as two twins, if we didn't,
there are some in IKEA that are reasonbly priced.

Cheers

Anne

If you're in the US, try Big Lots. I believe I've seen bunk beds in
there before.

Bunk beds v 2 cabin beds Welches General 18 January 8th 06 02:58 PM
Bunk Beds Kat Pregnancy 11 August 27th 04 04:05 AM
bunk beds ? Nik General 5 June 25th 04 07:51 PM
Bunk beds - what age? ted General 15 April 3rd 04 07:02 PM
RECALL: Bunk Beds Truffles General 2 September 26th 03 10:52 PM