25 weeks and feeling tolerable....Question!

Old February 2nd 04, 06:37 AM
Jill

Default 25 weeks and feeling tolerable....Question!

At 25 weeks, I feel better than I did before 20 weeks. My stomach is bigger
than ever but I don't have that unbearable shortness of breath/panic at not
being to breathe/feeling like something is pushing on my diaphragm. I am
sleeping ok. heartburn is not too bad yet, knock on wood! No more nausea at
all for the most part. I am very tired/exhausted and have noticed that I
feel much worse if on my feet for long periods of time, if I push myself too
much, or if I walk for too long. This is easily remedied since I am not
working, I make only brief trips to stores or errands and generally take it
very easy. No swelling- in large part probably because I *can* stay off my
feet and take it easy.

My question: how long can I expect to feel this way, when will I become
miserably uncomfortable? When will my stomach be so big that sleep will be
torturous, when will bad heartburn kick in, when will I be unable to see or
touch my toes? When will I get shortness of breath again? I'm short and
short waisted and very surprised that my shortness of breath went away since
now my stomach is like a basketball....

This is a serious question! I want to enjoy every minute of feeling
okay/so-so/tolerable, because I dread the day I go back to being short of
breath etc....and more tired.....and too big to be comfy.....please tell me
if no complications come, it is only the last 2 weeks or so that are that
bad? And not the whole last trimester....

Old February 2nd 04, 07:21 AM
CY

LOL, Jill you are so funny! You are a worrier aren't you? If I were you I
would stop waiting for the bad times to kick in and just enjoy feeling good
when you are! Everyone is different, every baby and every pregnancy is
different. The second trimester is the best. Some women (like my mum for
example) never feel bad during their entire pregnancy. I, on the other
hand, was miserable starting from 25 weeks (was on bed rest for premature
contractions). It is so individual that you cannot possibly predict when
the "bad" will come. If you get used to laying on your side now, in bed,
you stomach may never make sleep "torturous". I used a pregnancy wedge and
that helped immensely. My heartburn was only bad the last week of my pg
IIRC and I had shortness of breath from about 25 weeks also. The last
trimester can be awful and it can be great (just long!). So stop waiting
for something bad to happen and enjoy your free time while you still have
it. Once your little one is here, you will wonder what you did with your
days, mark my words!

LOL.

CY
. com...

Old February 2nd 04, 07:39 AM
Jill

"CY" wrote in message
LOL, Jill you are so funny! You are a worrier aren't you?

Lol, yep! I keep all bases covered!!

Jill

Old February 2nd 04, 12:37 PM
Naomi Rivkis

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 05:37:13 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

My question: how long can I expect to feel this way, when will I become
miserably uncomfortable? When will my stomach be so big that sleep will be
torturous, when will bad heartburn kick in, when will I be unable to see or
touch my toes? When will I get shortness of breath again? I'm short and
short waisted and very surprised that my shortness of breath went away since
now my stomach is like a basketball....

I started getting seriously uncomfortable again at around 33 weeks.
But now, by 36, it's gotten better again in some ways; specifically,
the shortness of breath is gone because the baby's dropped. I'm tired
a lot, but it isn't too bad.

Naomi
#1 EDD 2/28/04
Old February 2nd 04, 02:26 PM
Dagny

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

I had an intolerable preg. until 15 weeks, a mostly intolerable preg until
20 weeks, and it just kept on getting better after that. I waited for that
late-pregnancy hell everyone talks about, but other than new, tolerable
swelling some in the last two weeks (of my 41w4d pregnancy), it never
happened. Slept fine, mostly on my stomach, through the last weeks. Gained
45 pounds.

Eat protein like you thought the cows would disappear from the feedlots
tomorrow. Drink water. Go for 20-minute walks. Take care of yourself so
that you have the best chances of a nice end of preg.

-- Dagny

Old February 2nd 04, 03:07 PM
Anne Rogers

There is only one answer, it depends! My second trimester bloom lasted
from 23 to 26 weeks, but I rarely had heartburn and never felt too big
(but my baby was less than 6lb). My friend who was due at the same time
was HUGE (the baby was 8lb1oz, but she looked like she was carrying a
10lber according to my MIL who has obstetric training), and she seemed to
bloom throughout, you just can't predict what is going to happen.